2024 NFL Changes

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

Anyone talked about this yet? Went back quite a bit and couldn't find anything...

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

All teams have had an illustrated logo for the draft for the last two years or so.

This year’s team logos are on t-shirts:

https://www.fanatics.com/?sortOption=NewestArrivals&pageSize=1&query=illustrated draft shirt

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:
8 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Reveal pending, I do applaud the Texans for getting fans so involved in the process. 30+ focus groups is plenty of input.

Devil's advocate - what do fans know about design? Do you end up throwing too much at the wall because of so much input?

If it's anything like radio research, the focus group consists of a bunch of people who are there for free food (or money) and will give answers they think will please the people asking the questions.  In other words, it's useless.

• Like 4

BB52Big.jpg

6 hours ago, GFB said:

2R5dVoR.png

That small change makes these uniforms look so much better and more natural.

Y'all are never happy. 

One minute y’all love the chargers uniforms then y’all want them to change it back to the navy blue from the 90s.

next y’all complain about the 49ers not having the correct amount of stripes then y’all complain about it needed to go back the way it was.

Then the Bucs stepped away from their time clock numbers, and y'all want them to go ugly 70s kitchen orange again.

Just STOP!

Not everything old is good. Some things don’t need to be brought back. The Jets finally went back to one of their best-looking sets and log, and here you all are on day one complaining.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 5

Looks like a pretty convincing leak came out for the Broncos, but I'm not sure if its actually legit. Metallic royal blue helmet, silver facemask, orange throwback jersey. Would line up with rumors about a throwback look too.

As for the Jets, no complaints from me. They made the changes they needed to keep the look fresh and new. The small tweaks to the logo make a huge difference.

• Like 7

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

3 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Anyone talked about this yet? Went back quite a bit and couldn't find anything...

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Remember last year’s draft? Every team had an original logo that looked hand-designed. Very cool, but I believe all were one-offs. This is probably just the Lions’ iteration for this year’s draft. 

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Looks like a pretty convincing leak came out for the Broncos, but I'm not sure if its actually legit. Metallic royal blue helmet, silver facemask, orange throwback jersey. Would line up with rumors about a throwback look too.

As for the Jets, no complaints from me. They made the changes they needed to keep the look fresh and new. The small tweaks to the logo make a huge difference.

That’s a gorgeous, shiny finish on the helmet. I would still prefer the old robin’s egg blue, but that’s super nice. Not sure what to think of the shiny silver facemask. The grey ones they wore pre-Elway definitely weren’t shiny, and the white ones they wore after that definitely weren’t silver. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

Throwback jersey, inaccurate but modern helmet? That doesn't make much sense unless it's the actual home uniform.

bSLCtu2.png

11 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

We used to be a proper country 

GLPq2uZXoAEyaqB?format=jpg&name=medium

League makes them wear bicycle pants.....fines them for being too short and not staying on the knee. 🤨

iq5b7nF.png

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

All teams have had an illustrated logo for the draft for the last two years or so.

This year’s team logos are on t-shirts:

https://www.fanatics.com/?sortOption=NewestArrivals&pageSize=1&query=illustrated draft shirt

Thanks! It's great that there's no black on the right banner though. I feared they would add black back to their regular uniforms and logos but they might very well stick to a black alt...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pa02 said:

Y'all are never happy. 

One minute y’all love the chargers uniforms then y’all want them to change it back to the navy blue from the 90s.

next y’all complain about the 49ers not having the correct amount of stripes then y’all complain about it needed to go back the way it was.

Then the Bucs stepped away from their time clock numbers, and y'all want them to go ugly 70s kitchen orange again.

Just STOP!

Not everything old is good. Some things don’t need to be brought back. The Jets finally went back to one of their best-looking sets and log, and here you all are on day one complaining.

Stop saying y'all, because t'aint all.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Unpopular Opinion: I am not liking the white facemask on the Browns helmet. Should've kept it brown. It just looks too bright to me and is throwing me for a loop.

• Like 9
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 9
  • Hate 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Pa02 said:

Y'all are never happy. 

Just STOP!

I was thinking about stopping, but then I read your post and now, I think I'll continue waffling back and forth, maybe even more than ever, simply out of spite. Thanks for the new life goals!👍

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

9 hours ago, infrared41 said:

If it's anything like radio research, the focus group consists of a bunch of people who are there for free food (or money) and will give answers they think will please the people asking the questions.  In other words, it's useless.

As one who just wrapped conducting focus groups for a pretty important field service project, I beg to differ...somewhat. (Of course, my project had nothing to do with sports or uniforms, though. 🙂) The free food/money part is true, however. Incentives are baked into the recruitment process in the academic method. 

That said, the big question I have is: did the Texans use the academic method? I don't know that they (or any sports teams for that matter) are required to (perhaps @MEANS or someone can provide some insight?), but I think it'd be nice to see a team publish the results of these focus group sessions online so the team's fanbase and community at large can judge for themselves how valid those sessions really are...and whether the findings are truly generalizable to the greater population or not. 

(I'll stop here since we takin' bout sports uniforms up in here... 😃)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

30 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Eric Metcalf gave us our confirmation over night

Has to be the worst kept secret for such a small change. 

One of the local radio stations in Cleveland has been using a backdrop with the new "logo" for weeks.

Just make it official already. 

• Like 1