2024 NFL Changes

8 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Looks like a pretty convincing leak came out for the Broncos, but I'm not sure if its actually legit. Metallic royal blue helmet, silver facemask, orange throwback jersey. Would line up with rumors about a throwback look too.

As for the Jets, no complaints from me. They made the changes they needed to keep the look fresh and new. The small tweaks to the logo make a huge difference.

Fake

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

da0Lbhs.png

7 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Laziest fxxxing team ever -- It's 2024. GET A REAL LOGO ALREADY

🚮🚮🚮

GLNloWwW0AE1m-a?format=jpg&name=small

The only thing wrong with the Browns logo is that it uses a facemask style from the late '80s that was never attractive to begin with.  

This was discussed about a dozen pages ago in this thread, but the Browns need to go with a classically retro helmet style — two-bar facemask is my preference  — positioned in a more two-dimensional side view than what is shown here. A logo like that will stand the test of time. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

Give us Brownie playing a mean guitar solo on top of the bridge with Lake Erie in the distance

Yes! And in a style that makes him look like he's an adjunct member of the Burger King Kids' Club!  

Or just bring back this guy ...

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Metcalf's tweet was promptly deleted, but here's a screencap of the leak:

Helmet_Metcalf.pngHelmet_metcalf_2.png

Nice work, thanks for sharing.

This just looks like the Cleveland Browns to me.  This is a good change. 

Does this confirm a shell finish change as well?  Were they still wearing the more satin Orange last year?  This looks like a molded or painted gloss Orange.

• Love 1

Like the logo like the one seen on this hat -- This goes 1000000x harder than that blank-ass circa 1989 default helmet they continue to recycle.

browns_block_c_2c8512d7-86f7-474d-8aa8-ffab8b68c49a_1800x1800.jpg?v=1589379573

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, Cujo said:

Like the logo like the one seen on this hat -- This goes 1000000x harder than that blank-ass circa 1989 default helmet they continue to recycle.

browns_block_c_2c8512d7-86f7-474d-8aa8-ffab8b68c49a_1800x1800.jpg?v=1589379573

Part of the beauty of the Browns is that they make almost no sense. A team called the Brown with an orange helmet, an weird elf mascot, the dog pound, etc. The helmet logo just fits with the rest of the weirdness.  

As others have said, all teams used to use a 2D helmet as their primary logo pretty much. I personally dig that the Brown still do it. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3

The Browns have done such a good job fixing their branding in the past 4 years. But the logos still seem to be the one spot that they just can't get right. An illustration of an outdated piece of equipment is not a logo, regardless of how iconic it may seem. It makes even less sense now that the team uses two different helmets. I've never owned anything with the helmet logo on it and never will.  A dog is fine for the Dawg Pound and Brownie is fine for throwback merch. But the team needs a legit logo. Something as simple as a CB monogram is the best move.

• Like 3
  • Meh 1
  • Hate 1

7 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The Browns have done such a good job fixing their branding in the past 4 years. But the logos still seem to be the one spot that they just can't get right. An illustration of an outdated piece of equipment is not a logo, regardless of how iconic it may seem. It makes even less sense now that the team uses two different helmets. I've never owned anything with the helmet logo on it and never will.  A dog is fine for the Dawg Pound and Brownie is fine for throwback merch. But the team needs a legit logo. Something as simple as a CB monogram is the best move.

I've always found the most ironic part of it all that the Cincinnati Bengals, who were the eccentric offshoot of the Browns and eventually doubled-down at that identity by creating -- at the time -- a groundbreaking uniform that pushed all convention out the window, eventually decided their logo should just be a B monogram. 

Sometimes I even wonder if that was done on purpose, knowing that the Browns identity is so plain by default that using one of the C or B monograms would cut their likely logo options in half. 

But, like, come on Cleveland. The classic standing elf is as good as it gets. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Does this confirm a shell finish change as well?  Were they still wearing the more satin Orange last year?  This looks like a molded or painted gloss Orange.

They were indeed wearing the satin finish last year, and yep, it was confirmed that the glossy finish is back in 2024. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, Pa02 said:

Y'all are never happy. 

One minute y’all love the chargers uniforms then y’all want them to change it back to the navy blue from the 90s.

next y’all complain about the 49ers not having the correct amount of stripes then y’all complain about it needed to go back the way it was.

Then the Bucs stepped away from their time clock numbers, and y'all want them to go ugly 70s kitchen orange again.

Just STOP!

Not everything old is good. Some things don’t need to be brought back. The Jets finally went back to one of their best-looking sets and log, and here you all are on day one complaining.

First day here?

• Like 3
  • LOL 12
  • WOAH 1

BB52Big.jpg

19 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

spacer.png

This should be the primary logo, end of story.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Dislike 1

58 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I prefer the brown facemask, but I like the white as well. Just glad they didn't go back to gray. 

• Like 4

spacer.png