2024 NFL Changes

5 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

They could create a white jersey and pants with no gold. I think Green Bay has an open slot for Color Rush, or enough time has passed that the old CR could be replaced. The Bengals did basically the same thing when they updated their "White Tiger" look.

I don't want this to happen, but it is possible.

Would just be too Jetsy. Gotta keep the cheese in the GB color scheme! Adding gold to the helmet stripe is SUCH a simple fix. I would actually like that look as an alternate. Just sooo close, but sooo far. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ruttep said:

Falcons and Bucs are each wearing their throwbacks against one another, I wonder how often that happens

Outside of the 1994 and 2009 anniversary seasons, never...although it should if I had Goodell's job. I would mandate throwback weekends where both teams were required to wear a throwback...unlike now where it seems teams like to wear them against teams with ultra modern unis like the Panthers or Jaguars.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

31 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

Would just be too Jetsy. Gotta keep the cheese in the GB color scheme! Adding gold to the helmet stripe is SUCH a simple fix. I would actually like that look as an alternate. Just sooo close, but sooo far. 

That would be an easier fix, but I feel like the Packers would remove the rest of the gold to make a true alternate set. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Well, since unique means one of a kind, you can't be 'more one of a kind'. The word gets used here so often, and so often it is used wrong.

How else to say it? @fouhy12 called the Texans update 'distinctive'. That's the word that I think people are looking for when they call something unique with any sort of qualifier (and possibly even where there's no qualifier).

unique - being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.

"this discovery was unique in history"
distinctive - characteristic of one person or thing, and so serving to distinguish it from others.
"juniper berries give gin its distinctive flavor"

Amazing timing on seeing this given that I'm drinking gin at the moment lol. But yeah, I think it's on the West Wing where they complained about something being "very unique" not making sense and I've been cognizant of it ever since. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lights Out said:

People don't want to admit it, but there's a certain contingent of fans who will praise literally anything that's old as the greatest thing ever because of nostalgia. It's not much different than the dreaded fire emojis at the end of the day.

I'll have to find it, but there was a study done that showed that if you asked people whenever the best "X" was, they will pretty consistently say the same time relative to their age. Nostalgia is a hell of a thing. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I'll have to find it, but there was a study done that showed that if you asked people whenever the best "X" was, they will pretty consistently say the same time relative to their age. Nostalgia is a hell of a thing. 

I believe that. 

16 minutes ago, LakeShow24 said:

Aged like milk.

EDIT: Another leak photo from the packers subreddit

fkjh7zvr7ded1.png?width=591&auto=webp&s=

Because video games are infallible.

Yeah, I realize I'm probably gonna see this crap this year. I'll keep hoping it doesn't happen.

It's where I sit.

9 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Because video games are infallible.

Yeah, I realize I'm probably gonna see this crap this year. I'll keep hoping it doesn't happen.

I mean, it's not like EA would put a helmet in the game that doesn't have the potential to see the field at some point..

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

6 minutes ago, FriedPickles said:

I mean, it's not like EA would put a helmet in the game that doesn't have the potential to see the field at some point..

I mean, it's not like they haven't included orange pants for the Bears before.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

12 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I mean, it's not like they haven't included orange pants for the Bears before.

The bears orange pants were in the style guide for that 2012 season, that's why i said possiblity 

• Like 2

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

39 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Bucco Bruce on the Axiom

GTLvzVRWUAAtWNG?format=jpg&name=medium

I'd hate to see Eagles wings or Rams horns on that helmet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, FriedPickles said:

Does anyone know the story behind the Cardinals’ black helmets in the PC version of Madden ‘08? (Not the current ones.) Or the Raiders’ silver jerseys from the same game? 

• Like 1