2024 NFL Changes

4 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

That one is more likely. The Bengals could have a CR game, which now uses their primary white jersey, and someone decides to wear black socks instead of white.

I wish they did wear black socks with their Color Rush set. Plus maybe orange shoes just for the tiniest pop of color. 

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I wish they did wear black socks with their Color Rush set. Plus maybe orange shoes just for the tiniest pop of color. 

Black socks, yes. Orange shoes, no. The Bengals Color Rush was supposed to be a nod to the white tiger, and the shortage of orange anywhere else in the uniform would make the shoes look out of place to me. I look at it like the orange helmets with the all-white set; the out of place color is just on the bottom instead of the top. In this case, only white or black does make sense.

9 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

Black socks, yes. Orange shoes, no. The Bengals Color Rush was supposed to be a nod to the white tiger, and the shortage of orange anywhere else in the uniform would make the shoes look out of place to me. I look at it like the orange helmets with the all-white set; the out of place color is just on the bottom instead of the top. In this case, only white or black does make sense.

Maybe black and white shoes with an orange swoosh. 

On 7/27/2024 at 1:16 PM, rfraser85 said:

I can already see problems with the Jaguars new white helmet beyond trend chasing. GUD has a placeholder image of the helmet and black jersey.

2024_JAX_4TBA.png

I thought that either white pants and black socks or vice-versa might look all right with the white helmet, but the teal on the sleeves and collar is giving a bad first impression. It's amazing how such a minimalist uniform set can have so many issues.

What's sad is all you would have to do is remove the TBA that makes it clear that's a placeholder, and you could post this on IG  and get a bunch of "that goes crazy" and "sheesh Jaguars went hard" hashtag fire emojis hashtag ice emojis hashtage squirting emojis

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Hate 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

What's sad is all you would have to do is remove the TBA that makes it clear that's a placeholder, and you could post this on IG  and get a bunch of "that goes crazy" and "sheesh Jaguars went hard" hashtag fire emojis hashtag ice emojis hashtage squirting emojis

Too much work. Anybody wanting to do something like that could take an image from one of the prior seasons with the black jersey and change the helmet color. Most people on IG wouldn't bother checking if that's the current template.

But just for the sake of argument, can someone take that image and make the helmet teal, just to see what it would look like? I've seen pictures altered plenty of times, but that image would be more objective to me because there's no lighting to worry about.

43 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Too much work. Anybody wanting to do something like that could take an image from one of the prior seasons with the black jersey and change the helmet color. Most people on IG wouldn't bother checking if that's the current template.

But just for the sake of argument, can someone take that image and make the helmet teal, just to see what it would look like? I've seen pictures altered plenty of times, but that image would be more objective to me because there's no lighting to worry about.

Granted, this was in the previous uniform life, but it'll give you a decent idea:

uDNtKa6.png

• Like 8

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

We can do better. The teal flecked helmet from the 2009-2012 design gives a good vision of what teal lid paired with a black jersey would give you.

155847347.0.jpg

Neither of those altered pictures answers my question. In order to make a fair comparison, it has to be the same image, but with the altered helmet. Anything else would be an invalid comparison.

Now I know what @Sec19Row53 was thinking when I commented on the Bears' practice jerseys when the navy pants were the point. Ironically, you were the poster I was replying to with that comment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Neither of those altered pictures answers my question. In order to make a fair comparison, it has to be the same image, but with the altered helmet. Anything else would be an invalid comparison.

Now I know what @Sec19Row53 was thinking when I commented on the Bears' practice jerseys when the navy pants were the point. Ironically, you were the poster I was replying to with that comment.

You are welcome to do the swap on photoshop yourself lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

We can do better. The teal flecked helmet from the 2009-2012 design gives a good vision of what teal lid paired with a black jersey would give you.

155847347.0.jpg

We don't discuss the toothpaste Jaguars around these parts... 🙃

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

thumbnail?provider=spo&farmid=192071&inputFormat=png&cs=MDAwMDAwMDAtMDAwMC0wMDAwLTAwMDAtMDAwMDQ4MTcxMGE0fFNQTw&docid=https%3A%2F%2Fmy.microsoftpersonalcontent.com%2F_api%2Fv2.0%2Fdrives%2Fb!IEDzf_YejEeWthY6SJjeGH9dfjm1EplOjIXS3ZIs80QWq8OD-2PaTIFlspJUI495%2Fitems%2F01WVHT77K3PY57BOVUHZGZAMH7LDF2JM7B%3Ftempauth%3Dv1e.eyJzaXRlaWQiOiI3ZmYzNDAyMC0xZWY2LTQ3OGMtOTZiNi0xNjNhNDg5OGRlMTgiLCJhcHBpZCI6IjAwMDAwMDAwLTAwMDAtMDAwMC0wMDAwLTAwMDA0ODE3MTBhNCIsImF1ZCI6IjAwMDAwMDAzLTAwMDAtMGZmMS1jZTAwLTAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMC9teS5taWNyb3NvZnRwZXJzb25hbGNvbnRlbnQuY29tQDkxODgwNDBkLTZjNjctNGM1Yi1iMTEyLTM2YTMwNGI2NmRhZCIsImV4cCI6IjE3MjIyOTc2MDAifQ.D0L4nOz1UOoKyZxeOF7Av-xfqhrjDjYs46eB2mxfLtDOZ-dGu8xbHRNL4i7FE4kWanhwXJFwgmf1VB8QY_HshcmblXFKxBI5ZodCU-SI_UXaozgJbpSnApPL9EzflT4_toElADBh4JnC13lezBRd1UvdlSaeKPTNFbs4FupQTX-79-ZI0qFsJghUzXUk3LQ2AxQ2InNrMtPiUPs7j599QtBrQG0GQwR83xrHwUlAJEOoRxvEN-xA-05jDY9w_oZhX2Zq0TyDc_VejyGlrcnJEifA8VrVhNUIkslv2fgxOqfxKR9YyYzgwkXV1lwxQYgsR6IKXsh4a9jbeK64H-KICB_qg3O90utwRIZWssOKu8c.QfrxDnc9MtevckDwbQNMaVcwHX9VK9F33_kfVV5_fX0%26version%3DPublished&cb=63857874976&encodeFailures=1&width=1860&height=8652024_JAX_4TBA.png

Taking advice from @YelichGraphics, here is my photoshopped version of GUD's graphic for the Jaguars' 2024 alternate uniform image if the Jaguars chose teal instead of white for the shell, along with the original graphic. Full disclosure, I couldn't figure out how to leave the rear bumper white.

• Like 3

On 7/27/2024 at 9:19 AM, Old School Fool said:

Why does this screenshot from Madden have the Vikings in a throwback helmet with the regular away uniform? Really strange to have this kind of mistake in marketing for a major thing.

madden-nfl-25-gameplay-details.jpg?w=102

spacer.png

• LOL 3

Is Madden 25 still gonna have the "End Racism" thing on the endzone and back of the helmet? I wish they would end that.

That, and the "It Takes All Of Us". Maybe the Positive Play thing too.

What I liked about Madden 19 was how the field was clear without such things.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, tBBP said:

Granted, this was in the previous uniform life, but it'll give you a decent idea:

uDNtKa6.png

Teal helmets? That could work. I mean the Detroit Lions took the azure like color they had and made it work. If it works for the Lions, then it could work for Jacksonville for a teal helmet. I, however, have a willy nilly notion of the teal helmets because of people who want the black helmet to have a teal flake which is not even close to a REAL teal helmet.

5 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Is Madden 25 still gonna have the "End Racism" thing on the endzone and back of the helmet? I wish they would end that.

That, and the "It Takes All Of Us". Maybe the Positive Play thing too.

What I liked about Madden 19 was how the field was clear without such things.

If it's in the game, it's in the game 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Idk how hot of a take this is but the toothpaste Jags were a better look than the two sets they’ve had since 

Ehhh. The toothpaste look made them only a Teal and Black team.  I enjoyed the rebrand that came after (minus the helmet). I like how it got all 3 colors involved and if they had removed the extra design elements on the shoulder and just kept the TV numbers, I think it would have been great with just a black helmet.  The current one has the same problem as the toothpaste look, without having any striping. 

• Like 3

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png