2024 NFL Changes

I don’t like that it’s “Ny”, not “NY” or “ny”

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

For the Giants, I would simply slap the red Northwestern stripes from their away jersey onto the home, & make the numbers on the road blue - thus matching their two main uniforms while still keeping the traditional look. The gray pants would come back as the primary, maybe with the same Northwestern stripe from the white pants, & I’d go blue socks at all times.

For the Panthers, I’d drop silver in a heartbeat, I think the black & Process blue work just fine on their own. Those could be the two main helmet color options. I’d also go with a custom number font inspired by their wordmark, but that’s just me. Other than that, I don’t think I’d change much, they have a really solid look that can stand the test of time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

It's NY. 

Capital "Y" going back to the Middle Ages frequently have descending tails.

s-l1200.jpg (1200×600)

In cursive, but can you provide an example of  it in print?  I haven’t seen that. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

It's NY. 

Capital "Y" going back to the Middle Ages frequently have descending tails.

s-l1200.jpg (1200×600)

As I understand it, a lot of what has been mistaken for a Y in the relatively distant past (maybe not quite medieval times, but long ago), especially on signage, was actually a particular way of rendering a thorn; this character: Þ or þ, which represents the vocalized "th" sound in words like "the". That's where "Ye Old..." whatever comes from. "Ye Old Inn" was actually "Þe Old Inn", or simply "the old inn", but the blackletter or script way of rendering a thorn at the time was close to a "capitalized" small y.

That doesn't say anything about the script logo you posted, as BBTV references. A small y can and is rendered as a capital with a descender in modern script alphabets. But within the context of that particular logo, I can see how someone would think of it as Ny. (Maybe it technically is meant to be a script because the N and Y are connected? Ha.)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Carolina’s refusal to eliminate either the sleeve logo or the comically tiny shoulder numbers is a clear cut killer to the set.

spacer.png

I'm with eliminating one or the other, but I'm not sure how eliminating one would allow for the other to be bigger.

Eliminate the sleeve logo, and there's still the same amount of space above the stripe, and a tiny logo-sized space between the Nike logo and cuff.  They could move the logo where the numbers are and make it larger, kinda like (but obviously smaller than) the '96 Patriots.

13206513%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'm with eliminating one or the other, but I'm not sure how eliminating one would allow for the other to be bigger.

Eliminate the sleeve logo, and there's still the same amount of space above the stripe, and a tiny logo-sized space between the Nike logo and cuff.  They could move the logo where the numbers are and make it larger, kinda like (but obviously smaller than) the '96 Patriots.

Only because you posted it... those are my second-favorite sports uniforms of all time. 

Okay, carry on...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Eliminating the numbers would allow the stripe to fit more naturally and appropriately onto the shoulder. Eliminating the logo would allow for movement of the numbers to the sleeve and once again, the stripe to sit better on the shoulder.

And yes, I’d be all for a return of comically large logos

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Carolina’s refusal to eliminate either the sleeve logo or the comically tiny shoulder numbers is a clear cut killer to the set.

spacer.png

Their uniforms have just sucked in general ever since Tepper made them switch to the Nike template. They'd probably be better off doing a full redesign at this point, but Tepper would screw that up too.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Alright, I'm going to have to get this off my chest as a Broncos fan...

Denver Broncos Player Grades From 27-2 Preseason Win Over Green Bay Packers

Denver Broncos at Indianapolis Colts: The No Bull Preseason Review - Mile  High Report

Denver Broncos RB Javonte Williams 'Not Worried at All' About Offensive  Struggles

The fact that the Broncos can mix and match pants and jersey options and look good in almost every single one is SO refreshing as a long-time follower. Is the uniform set as a whole perfect? No. Is it going to age poorly? Probably. But being able to see some more color variety without the whole side panel drama is so nice! I just wish we could have seen the Orange jersey in-game sooner. 

Can't wait for the Throwbacks. As someone who was born after the Elway era, I've always wanted to see that classic look in-game. And this coming from someone who was obsessed with the Yellow/Brown Vertical Stripe Sock throwback look from 2009!

As another side note, jeez those shoulders are begging for TV numbers!

• Like 8

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

9 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

As another side note, jeez those shoulders are begging for TV numbers!

Usually the swoosh is occupying that empty space and that's used as the excuse for why there are no TV numbers, but they put the swoosh inside the sleeve stripe. There's really no reason for these uniforms not to have TV numbers.

16 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

I'd never noticed it before, but making this TV number fiasco worse is that the numbers appear to be normal-sized for linemen (as you can see in the background), so there's an inconsistency in how they're applied.