College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

On 10/14/2024 at 7:18 AM, DCarp1231 said:

It really is a shame we got treated to four of the best Oregon uniforms to start the season only to go back to garbage

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've always thought that the best Oregon has ever looked was their 2015 Rose Bowl uniform (even though they absolutely trounced my Noles while wearing it):

Rose-Bowl-120-of-138.jpg

A nice blend of tradition with the innovation that they've cultivated over the past 25 years or so, which is what helped get them to such a big game in the first place.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I've always thought that the best Oregon has ever looked was their 2015 Rose Bowl uniform (even though they absolutely trounced my Noles while wearing it):

Rose-Bowl-120-of-138.jpg

A nice blend of tradition with the innovation that they've cultivated over the past 25 years or so, which is what helped get them to such a big game in the first place.

Counter-

I believe Oregon’s uniforms peaked here:

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Counter-

spacer.png

I should hate them, but I can’t bring myself to do it. It’s such a fun uniform and the orange works surprisingly well with the green, yellow, and white. The color blocking is key.

• Like 10

Just now, SFGiants58 said:

I should hate them, but I can’t bring myself to do it. It’s such a fun uniform.

I'll hate on your behalf because it's awful. The fact that it significantly incorporates one of their biggest rival's colors is so bad.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 4

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I make no secret of being a traditionalist with some exceptions. I believe that schools should only be allowed to wear school colors. If Oregon only has green, yellow and white helmets, even if they only do one of each, that's still more than enough combinations for a full year even with an expanded playoff. Teams don't need 50,000 possible jersey combinations.

• Applause 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

59 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Counter-

spacer.png

That was a fun uniform. Not sure I'd want them to wear it full-time, though.

(Although, a similar combination with yellow replacing orange would be nice, and would still get the main point across).

• Like 1

I don’t love Oregon’s current uniform set. The traditional athletic gold is jarring when paired with the very vibrant apple green. I’ve always loved the mallard green helmet with the O.

spacer.png
I wish they’d build around a hybrid of that helmet and these uniforms, with a dark green option also, of course.spacer.png

They could still have tons of options and get back to a cohesive Oregon look.

3 helmets-Mallard green, yellow, apple green

4 jerseys-mallard, apple, yellow, white

4 pants/socks-mallard, apple, yellow, white

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Rose-Bowl-120-of-138.jpg

That away uniform with the G/W/G combo is gorgeous 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steven727 said:

That away uniform with the G/W/G combo is gorgeous 

Did they ever wear green/white/green with that uniform set? I only remember them going white-out against UCLA (which is probably my 2nd favorite uniform of theirs ever):
77909294bd13ea22310c3cb8a4ae9740.jpg

And then upon photo research I saw they went white/white/green against South Dakota (another great combo):

oregon-ducks-2014-schedule.jpg

But I don't see anything in green/white/green from that set. I do agree it would've made for another great combo, though.

EDIT: It looks like they did in fact go green/white/green, in 2015 against Washington. They went with the duck logo in silver on the helmet, I would have preferred the O, either in silver or yellow. Still a great look though. 
R5HgjB4.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, damnyoutuesday said:

I'm still patiently waiting for yellow/green/yellow in this set

My prediction is they'll wear that vs Maryland.  The Uniform combos for Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Washington are already leaked. Friday against Purdue (I'm betting new white helmet, the throwback white jerseys, green pants), and home against Maryland are the only ones not revealed so far. 

11 hours ago, MJD7 said:

EDIT: It looks like they did in fact go green/white/green, in 2015 against Washington. They went with the duck logo in silver on the helmet, I would have preferred the O, either in silver or yellow. Still a great look though. 
R5HgjB4.jpg

I need them to do more Duck on the helmet. They had a white one that had the Puddles/Duck logo and I feel like they could use it for a little bit of change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

I need them to do more Duck on the helmet. They had a white one that had the Puddles/Duck logo and I feel like they could use it for a little bit of change.

I would’ve liked it if it was full-color, or even maybe all yellow, I just think it got washed out on the green helmet when it was silver. I do agree that I’d like to see the duck logo more, I like that it’s on the sleeves of the current “throwback” jerseys.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2024 at 9:43 PM, MJD7 said:

Did they ever wear green/white/green with that uniform set? I only remember them going white-out against UCLA (which is probably my 2nd favorite uniform of theirs ever):
77909294bd13ea22310c3cb8a4ae9740.jpg

And then upon photo research I saw they went white/white/green against South Dakota (another great combo):

oregon-ducks-2014-schedule.jpg

But I don't see anything in green/white/green from that set. I do agree it would've made for another great combo, though.

R5HgjB4.jpg

idk what it is but this color combo is one of my favorites of theirs, even though it totally omits yellow 

• Love 1

AmPJ0Ty.png