24-25 NBA changes

DJT

If that garment worker is correct and the next Celtics City jersey is black with neon green font, then that is disappointing. I don’t know why they didn’t just release the Bill Russell 2022-23 version in white, similar to how Miami recycles their designs in different colors. 

On 7/5/2024 at 9:36 PM, PurpleRain said:

According to this twitter thread, the new trademark filings show the Nets are tweaking their logos and introducing a new Nets script logo

spacer.png

Oh great, the already generic and bland Brooklyn Nets brand got more generic and bland.

On the bright side, that script is a major upgrade from the graffiti look. Needs to be the focal point of the brand IMO.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

5 hours ago, CFSB said:

If that garment worker is correct and the next Celtics City jersey is black with neon green font, then that is disappointing. I don’t know why they didn’t just release the Bill Russell 2022-23 version in white, similar to how Miami recycles their designs in different colors. 

i am not a "garment worker" so don't address me as one. 

• Love 3
  • LOL 2
  • WOAH 1

1 hour ago, BigEd76 said:

Possible throwback this season or just used for a cover shoot?

GR7mNkobAAAWOfI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I honestly think Philly is hinting at the using the uniform this season (unless it's just a troll-job by the 76ers marketing team). However, on the fake Slam cover they made of Maxey, it says, "The fans asked and Philly answered; 76ers classic edition". That's literally the Nike-speak designated only for throwback uniforms as part of their program with the NBA. I think that's pretty telling!

spacer.png

EDIT: Sixers insider Kyle Neubeck (probably their most trusted reporter) seems to have confirmed things! He had spoken on the PHLY Sixers podcast (link here: https://streamable.com/9t85e0) about how people in the Sixers organization were pushing to get the black jerseys to return, and it looks like they might be getting their way.

• Love 1

Sixers are eligible for Classic this season and rumors about it circulated since Heck was fired. So I'd say for 99% 76ers will use Iverson era retro in next season.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

In 2025 they'll have 70th anniversary of first title,

2026 - 80th anniversary of existency,
2027 - 60th anniversary of second title.

2028 - 45th anniversary of third title or 65 years in Philly,

2029 - 80 years in NBA

I don't know in which seasons they could use those anniversaries (because for example they won a title in 54/55, so next season would fit more than after next), but it's five years in a row.

4r2eer.png

4 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Sadly, only 4 😞

Is there any chance of an update to Toronto's primary set (association/icon)?  I assume a purple throwback is happening with all the social media hints but am more concerned with their permanent look and dropping the chevrons.  I'm not looking for specific details but could you maybe wink if anything is in the works  : )

zzPEfBm.png

14 hours ago, BigEd76 said:

Possible throwback this season or just used for a cover shoot?

GR7mNkobAAAWOfI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I like them, but not for this time. I hope they don’t go back to those outside of a city/statement or whatever it’s called