2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

A little detail I noticed during the Rams-Packers game (and apparently this is something that has happened for a few years now)... the Rams' Speedflex models have yellow chinstrap taps that blend in with the horn decals. Cool attention to detail there.

Rams News: LA Prioritizes Defense In Fresh 7-Round Mock

• Like 10

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Two takeaways from today:

1. It bugs the crap out of me when teams wear their throwbacks and can’t wear proper socks. Yes, looking at you 49ers. The bottom of the uniform looks so unbalanced. Gold helmet, red jersey, and then solid white down to the toes. I really love their throwbacks, but they’ve ruined it with the long-John pants.

2. Can the Panthers quit wearing so much black?? Their new obsession with the black pants is maddening, especially against dark teams.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

1. It bugs the crap out of me when teams wear their throwbacks and can’t wear proper socks. Yes, looking at you 49ers. The bottom of the uniform looks so unbalanced. Gold helmet, red jersey, and then solid white down to the toes. I really love their throwbacks, but they’ve ruined it with the long-John pants.

Every season since they introduced the red throwbacks, more and more of the team has worn white leggings with them. This is the first time I've seen every single player in the leggings. On one hand, I don't blame them for doing that today with the heat, but on the other hand I don't see this changing. And if that's the case, I'd rather them not wear throwbacks at all and just stick to their primaries for every game.

19 minutes ago, ruttep said:

The better days of the franchise:

Yeeeeah. About half of those wins during the Patriots Dynasty happened in navy blue pants 🤷🏾‍♂️

Hotter Than July > Thriller

10 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Yeeeeah. About half of those wins during the Patriots Dynasty happened in navy blue pants 🤷🏾‍♂️

With white jerseys lol. It's well established that white over navy is their road combo. Blue over silver is what they wore for every single playoff game in Foxboro over those years. To claim that navy over navy is associated with the "better days of the franchise" makes no sense.

• Like 3

Maybe Kraft got a world-historic blowjob during one of those late-dynasty Color Rush games and that's what he's trying to hold onto.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Dislike 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Broncos seem to have done what I wanted them to do and made the off-spec helmet blue the color they did all the branding around rather than the actual royal blue. Smart. The whole game looked great. There's no reason to cling to navy blue now that the Super Bowl uniforms are gone. That's your color scheme: bright orange and soft royal blue. 

I still can't think of any good things to say about the Texans. Everything about that game was just hideous, but I'll pick out the single-layer red NOBs on black (or midnight blue, distinction without a difference as far as the Texans go) as being particularly bad. And the fact, as someone already got to, that the "H-Town blue" they're making a big deal out of is a tertiary color at best in this set and not even much of one. And "H-Town" for Houston is silly anyway. Go ahead, tell me I can't appreciate what "H-Town" means to the people of Houston and just how freighted with deep sentimental meaning the first letter of the city's name followed by "town" is. Go on, do it. 

I don't love the old Texans package, but it is definitively as good as a Houston NFL identity could be without being the dear departed Oilers. Every deviation from that has been a downgrade.

• Like 6

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, VikWings said:

Jaguars-Colts and Broncos-Raiders were both glorious matchups. Thankfully the Colts brought back the blue socks.

I loved Ravens-Bengals as well.

Last time we had the uniform matchup we got in week 5 on Colts vs Jaguars was when Obama got selected as president. Albeit there's a slight difference.

Steelers-Cowboys looked as great as always. Definitely a “the whole is greater than the sum of its parts” situation.

Steelers are only a number font and sleeve stripe placement away from a top 5 set. And the Cowboys have the template for a classic set but they’ve managed to color outside the lines in every possible way.

11 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

There's no reason to cling to navy blue now that the Super Bowl uniforms are gone.

The reason is that they've had more success in navy than royal blue. Just because they've redesigned the uniforms doesn't change which color scheme is associated with better memories for the fanbase.

It's a bit like the LA Kings - there will always be people clamoring for the old Forum Blue and gold, but they'll probably never dump silver and black since it's the color scheme they finally broke through in. I doubt Denver will ever bring back royal blue beyond the occasional throwback alternate.

I'm guessing this is also what's keeping the Eagles from going back to kelly green.

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Broncos.  It is simply unbelievable that the Broncos hung these up next to their new uniforms during the development process and didn't have the wherewithal to say, "Let's just wear these again."

acbh5ugterq7sgkcr4vd.jpg

Jaguars.  These looked good, but I still hate the number font and I don't care for the pant stripe.  Put the current number font on this jersey (with the outlines) and you've got my support, but I can't stand the old 90's font.  Maybe modify the sleeve stripe and pant stripe to work together and you'd have a complete update.  Use the current helmet logo.

waksvwv9qv2fs5w6pzgl.jpg

Texans.   I actually love the uniform, but there are two glaring issues:  the helmet logo sucks and the players all need to be wearing Luv Ya Blue cleats/gloves/undershirts/accessories. 

As someone else already mentioned, for a city and team that fought so hard over that Oilers color, they sure didn't use much of it in this uniform.  I know they were restricted to an extent, but they could've circumvented that by mandating use of the Luv Ya Blue accessories.   

I can't find the best photo, but a few players were wearing Luv Ya Blue stuff and they looked a million times better than the guys wearing Dark Navy or Red accessories:

scg5a4a5ir0cdmfkkwhn.jpg

Also, the NOBs should have been Luv Ya Blue.  Makes no sense that "H-Town" on the front is, but the player name on back is Red.  Major pet peave (note again how much better Tank Dell looks with Blue accessories...and it makes the Red really pop):

ituzhwdbkpb87yfztxeq.jpg

• Like 3

Browns v Eagles is going to look great if Cleveland wears either orange or brown pants.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."