2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

https://www.commanders.com/news/commanders-announce-2024-jersey-schedule

Commanders jerseys schedule apparently came out a week ago:

Burgundy at Tampa

Black vs. Chicago

Black vs. Tennessee

White at Dallas

Everything else is white on the road and burgundy at home.

They wore black last season vs. Chicago and got embarrassed on TNF. I was hoping they'd go with burgundy this time around. It's been alternate jersey by the home team for the last three years for this matchup.

This will be the first time they wear the new burgundy vs. Dallas and first time since 2020 they aren't doing white at home against Dallas. They actually aren't doing any white at home at all this season.

On 8/6/2024 at 7:01 PM, BBTV said:

I'm fairly certain they officially terminated them.  Haven't been worn since '21, and I thought there was some kind of official thing.  I vaguely remember their uniform guy saying something on UW back then.

Don't know if someone else beat me to this, but the Gray pants have been completely removed from the Giants' style guide (as of the 2024 season).

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

Burgundy at Tampa

Black vs. Chicago

Black vs. Tennessee

White at Dallas

They wore black last season vs. Chicago and got embarrassed on TNF. I was hoping they'd go with burgundy this time around. It's been alternate jersey by the home team for the last three years for this matchup.

This will be the first time they wear the new burgundy vs. Dallas and first time since 2020 they aren't doing white at home against Dallas. They actually aren't doing any white at home at all this season.

We get this dreary mess again

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Burgundy at Tampa

Black vs. Chicago

Black vs. Tennessee

White at Dallas

When they did WAH it was worth doing this. But now there isn't. When there isn't anything that deviates from the norm, there isn't much point to the uniform schedule reveal. Just the time and date of the game for the alternates or throwbacks will suffice.

I think the Bengals mono-orange is one of the few instances where it works. I do think they need to differentiate themselves from the Browns though, and I don't know how they do that if they're going to wear the orange pants with the black and white jerseys.

• Like 1

So Bengals get one more game in either orange or mono-white, right? Last two years they've saved the second White Bengal game for a prime time road game (although the Pittsburgh game the first year was later flexed out of SNF).  I'd prefer to see the orange jersey again this year, maybe the second time without all-orange. 

13 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

I'm okay with this as a long time fan of the team through it's various names. I could live with the home Dallas game being in white jerseys permanently though.

• Like 2

Hotter Than July > Thriller

4 hours ago, aupa said:

So Bengals get one more game in either orange or mono-white, right? Last two years they've saved the second White Bengal game for a prime time road game (although the Pittsburgh game the first year was later flexed out of SNF).  I'd prefer to see the orange jersey again this year, maybe the second time without all-orange. 

I say no way the orange goes on the shelf after opening day. Plus the white Bengal is being worn in the middle of the season as opposed to the beginning. I think they’ll probably wear orange against Pittsburgh Thanksgiving weekend like they have done twice in the past three years. I’m just glad they’re already wearing it against a team besides the Steelers or Chiefs. It’s been a few years. I’m also glad the orange pants are being used before that Week 16 game. That announcement was misleading. Made it sound like the debut.

57 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Seahawks seem to be in navy/grey according to the social media posts this week which would make this a color vs color game with the titans in light blue/navy

Already not the biggest fan of color vs color, but these dark blue vs light blue games are infinitely dumber to me. Cowboys and Chargers did it once, and I didn't like it then either

spacer.png

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Already not the biggest fan of color vs color, but these dark blue vs light blue games are infinitely dumber to me. Cowboys and Chargers did it once, and I didn't like it then either

spacer.png

I thought that was a very beautiful match. I liked the two versions of the blues on the field. I like the Chargers and Cowboys to do it again.

• Like 3