2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

20 hours ago, HOOVER said:

What's the point of having 2 DIFFERENT WHITE PANTS when you are just going to wear the Black ones with the White jersey?

I'm not sure if we're allowed to say [MOD EDIT] here, but this is [MOD EDIT}.

One pair of white pants go with the black jersey and one goes with the white jersey.

Yes I know they have worn the white and black only pants with the home jerseys but it's happened exactly 4 times in 4 years.

16 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

One pair of white pants go with the black jersey and one goes with the white jersey.

Yes I know they have worn the white and black only pants with the home jerseys but it's happened exactly 4 times in 4 years.

Either way, Orange/White/Black/? sucks.  They could wear White pants or Orange pants and it’d be better, but they’re choosing the worst possible combination just because they can.

• Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1

Of course the Broncos are going all-white tonight in Sean Payton’s return game to NOLA. Remember, he’s the genius who loved for the Saints to wear all-black and started their current awful all-white look.

Navy socks would have looked so much better, but as far as pants though I’m fine with white pants for this matchup. Like I said, the orange pants wouldn’t have clashed as well with the Saints mustard gold throwback pants, but navy would’ve also worked well here.

• Like 2

I can't believe the Saints were not more thoughtful when they had the opportunity to add a helmet shell. 

- a brass shell to match these throwbacks would be a 10/10

- a black shell with a more traditional stripe would go amazing with these, sparing having to nail a complementary gold color, easily would be 9/10 

Instead they have two throwbacks that are incomplete because of the helmet shell ruining the look, and and a bonus helmet to ruin the look if they feel like ruining the look in a different way

• Like 6
  • Applause 4

7 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I can't believe the Saints were not more thoughtful when they had the opportunity to add a helmet shell. 

- a black shell with a more traditional stripe would go amazing with these, sparing having to nail a complementary gold color, easily would be 9/10 

Instead they have two throwbacks that are incomplete because of the helmet shell ruining the look, and and a bonus helmet to ruin the look if they feel like ruining the look in a different way

Totally agree! They should also make the white outlines on the numbers substantially thicker to match the original set.

• Dislike 1
1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

9 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This is my first time seeing the new Broncos uniform in anything other than quick highlights.  

They are truly atrocious.  What a complete failure.  

I don't feel as strongly as you, but they're certainly not great.

I'd say that they swung and missed, but it's more like they bunted.  They couldn't design if they wanted to be more traditional or get wild, so they did neither, and ended up with a sacrifice bunt instead of a home run or a strike out.

A sac bunt moves the runner along, so it's not the worst thing that can happen.  But a base hit would be better, especially an extra-base hit.

Their former set was so much in need of a change that even replacing a plate of poo (with a fork)  with a bowl of urine (with a straw)  is an upgrade, but it could have been so much more.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

40 minutes ago, Cujo said:

🤮🤮🤮  Fix those helmets

GaIeVjjWgAAeFGk?format=jpg&name=4096x409

This is honestly embarassing for the league. Such a Bush league look would be bad on a random Sunday afternoon but primetime? These guys need to find a way to wear these gorgeous throwbacks without looking like a pee wee team that couldn't afford matching helmets...

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

22 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This is my first time seeing the new Broncos uniform in anything other than quick highlights.  

They are truly atrocious.  What a complete failure.  

Helmet shell and number font are the only components with any redeemable value.  Rest is total garbage.  

14 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Yeah my thoughts as well. So what if they had two gold helmets? You’d have both that matched their respective uniforms. The normal lighter champagne gold would match their normal set while a brass gold would be able to be worn with BOTH the beautiful Color Rush and beautiful black throwbacks.

Such a huge missed opportunity and of course the Saints went BFBS with their alternate helmet.

Helmet aside though, the Saints throwbacks are still beautiful, just lacking a key matching piece.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

This is honestly embarassing for the league. Such a Bush league look would be bad on a random Sunday afternoon but primetime? These guys need to find a way to wear these gorgeous throwbacks without looking like a pee wee team that couldn't afford matching helmets...

Glimpse of what actual silver Pants and matching blues would look like  (instead of the “sea-foam green” pant) : r/cowboys

• LOL 4
  • Yawn 3

6uXNWAo.png

On 10/15/2024 at 8:03 PM, HOOVER said:

I still want the Ravens to incorporate very small Red elements into their uniforms, pulled from the eye of the Raven in their logo.

It would give the uniform teeny tiny little pops.  And it would help separate them further from the Vikings.

They do continue to use it in their team graphics:

GZdVixhXUAAPLjb?format=jpg&name=4096x409

GYRDteLXoAAytdy?format=jpg&name=large

GXhqKR6W4AAQxPt?format=jpg&name=large

But yeah, if they never did that, mixing Dark Purple and Team Purple could be cool.

Just spitballing an idea here, but what if the Ravens replaced all the gold elements of their uniforms with red (except for the shield logo on the sleeve)?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I don't feel as strongly as you, but they're certainly not great.

I'd say that they swung and missed, but it's more like they bunted.  They couldn't design if they wanted to be more traditional or get wild, so they did neither, and ended up with a sacrifice bunt instead of a home run or a strike out.

A sac bunt moves the runner along, so it's not the worst thing that can happen.  But a base hit would be better, especially an extra-base hit.

Their former set was so much in need of a change that even replacing a plate of poo (with a fork)  with a bowl of urine (with a straw)  is an upgrade, but it could have been so much more.

I like the mix and match possibilities but the pants stripes need to be fixed .

28 minutes ago, Chawls said:

Just spitballing an idea here, but what if the Ravens replaced all the gold elements of their uniforms with red (except for the shield logo on the sleeve)?

I personally wouldn’t do that.  I see the logic but looking at the TCU alts, they just kinda look flat (purple/black/red).  The gold would set everything off.   

• Like 2

I don't think Nike lets anyone outbid them to keep the Swoosh on NFL uniforms and sidelines, but I am curious to hear all of your thoughts about alternative scenarios where another brand outbids them.

I believe Nike will remain the uniform provider, but Fanatics takes on a bigger role, likely in manufacturing.  Nike offloading manufacturing of the uniforms to Fanatics, like they did with MLB, probably makes more sense to them, and perhap Fanatics takes over as the official sideline brand.   I still don't think that part makes sense for Nike from a brand positioning/alignment perspective, or the NFL for that matter, but I also can't see anyone other than Fanatics paying to do a deal. 

New Era is the official headwear brand and also paid to slap their logo on CFL uniforms; would they pay to put their brand on NFL sleeves, while someone else makes the uniform?   

NOBULL is the official NFL Combine brand now, taking over for New Era, who took over from Under Armour.  Tom Brady's BRADY brand folded into NOBULL, but again, another company that's not in the uniform business.  

New Balance has made a push into football with footwear, finally debuting their cleats a few years later than originally planned - with Marvin Harrison Jr, Will Anderson Jr, and Chase Young as their sponsored athletes - but I can't see them taking this big of a leap.  They're in the football uniform business, but at a very low, low level.  

adidas doesn't seem to have much invested in American football anymore, other than Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, about a dozen major college programs, and various other marketable athletes across the league.  However, it seems they were content to let the NBA & NHL deals go away. 

Under Armour appears to be hanging on, but not by much - the only scenario I see that gets them in the discussion is if Dwayne Johnson ponies up with his investor friends to get Project Rock in on the deal.  I could see them trying to drive up the price on Nike (winning the contract would be a downgrade, as UA unis sadly stink).

Fanatics is the elephant in the room.  Let us all pray that we don't end up with this worst case scenario.