2024 NFL Season Through Super Bowl LIX

There’s videos going around social media of Tyreek Hill being arrested before today’s game for speeding.

EDIT: On Sunday NFL Countdown, the reporter said during a traffic stop, Hill got into a verbal altercation with a cop which led to his arrest. He’s been released and will play.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

There’s videos going around social media of Tyreek Hill being arrested before today’s game for speeding.

EDIT: On Sunday NFL Countdown, the reporter said during a traffic stop, Hill got into a verbal altercation with a cop which led to his arrest. He’s been released and will play.

he told police during the incident that he's a big supporter of police and "wants to be a police officer someday" 🤣

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/41177273

• LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Week 1 NFL Broadcast Maps from 506Sports. Uniform matchups from Gridiron-Uniforms. Go support them. Decided to do these as close to kickoff as possible because I got tired of going back and editing them.

Please don't clutter up this thread when there is already a uniform thread. This is the "sports" section, not the "logos" section.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

17 minutes ago, BBTV said:

he told police during the incident that he's a big supporter of police and "wants to be a police officer someday" 🤣

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/41177273

lol, how it started, how it's going

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 4/17/2024 at 4:27 PM, The_Admiral said:

Salt Lake City has the sort of demographics that the NHL likes to go after, but the problem is that that NHL-friendly demographic is deeply committed to the NBA. The Utah Jazz fanbase is much less given to writing about Kendrick Lamar lyrics

On 1/13/2024 at 10:17 AM, The_Admiral said:

I don't know precisely when NBA fans all became St. Louis Cardinals fans but with essay-length thoughts on Kendrick Lamar, but what a negative development for the entire world.

On 6/4/2023 at 3:08 PM, The_Admiral said:

The real crime is that Ja Morant was born about 10 years too late for the peak basketblogger era; there should have been a law student from Bethesda referring to his game as "almost mystically Wittgensteinian" and then quoting Kendrick Lamar

when you get what you want, but not what you need...

• LOL 1

Mahomes has that play where he fakes going out and then baits a penalty when someone hits him heading out of bounds. Kyler Murray just baited a personal foul sliding head first into a defender (that went over the top of him).

QB foul-baiting plays need to be reviewable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

I really appreciate the TV maps, but we already have a thread for each of the uniform matchups and it seems like a lot of real-estate to take up in a non-uniforms forum.  Just my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I agree with Vet 😎

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Please don't clutter up this thread when there is already a uniform thread. This is the "sports" section, not the "logos" section.

Duly noted. I have deleted all of the uniform images and I will not post those again moving forward. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

Caleb Williams is getting bailed out pretty hardcore by the defense right now. I understand why Bears fans are sweet on the young man, but they really should've watered down all that Hard Knocks Flavor Aid and let him prove the offense is capable of more, instead of anointing the Bears division champs before the season even started. 

• Like 1

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Speaking of "dummy teams" vs "smart teams" (that still play like ass), just read that the Eagles did the contracts so that Jalen Hurts, A.J. Brown, DeVonta Smith, and Saquon Barkley are hitting the cap at a combined $36 million this year. That number will increase to $50 million in 2025.  And they all got huge new deals.

When Dak's new money kicks in, he and CeeDee Lamb will count $96M against the cap.  Just the two of them.

Well done Jerry.  Well done.

• LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's only his first game, but I'm already questioning what Tom Brady is adding to the broadcast.  I get why people find Romo annoying, but at least in his first year or two, he could teach you things or at least predict what was coming and why.  Olsen is also very informative and insightful.  Brady?  So far, it's like he's just there to agree with Burkhardt or state the obvious. 

I get that you don't start Tom Brady off with the B or C team, especially not with his contract, but maybe he and they would have been better off without having him replace Olsen right away.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 11:51 PM, infrared41 said:

The Browns gave up on Baker Mayfield to trade their future for a less likeable, sexual predator version of Baker Mayfield. They'll be lucky to win 7 games this season.

Meanwhile in Tampa...

• Love 2
  • Sad 1

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Kind of hard decipher anything meaningful from the Cowboys-Browns game for me personally. 

Offense was just okay, defense looked outstanding and specials made some special plays. Honestly, not too unlike what happened last year in the opener versus the Giants, except that I believe the Browns are better than the Giants albeit that isn’t a difficult bar to clear. 

It was nice to see Dak and the offense make some plays against an elite defense, and to get the win on the road because he’s struggled to do that in his career, but also really nice to see that Zimmer defense dominate. It was strange to see a Cowboys defense not giving up 7-8 yards a pop on the run. 

Hard to know how good the Cowboys defense is because Watson looked terrible. Just absolutely awful. I know the Cowboys D had a little something to do with that, but he legitimately looked like a bottom 5 QB in the NFL. I feel for the Browns fans because they don’t deserve this, but I don’t feel bad for Watson at all. 

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

It's only his first game, but I'm already questioning what Tom Brady is adding to the broadcast.  I get why people find Romo annoying, but at least in his first year or two, he could teach you things or at least predict what was coming and why.  Olsen is also very informative and insightful.  Brady?  So far, it's like he's just there to agree with Burkhardt or state the obvious. 

I get that you don't start Tom Brady off with the B or C team, especially not with his contract, but maybe he and they would have been better off without having him replace Olsen right away.

It's not one of his most celebrated, but there's a very good David Foster Wallace essay called "How Tracy Austin Broke My Heart" about the banality of sports autobiographies. His conclusion as to why these books are so insipid is not that their authors are necessarily stupid but that to be a genius in motion is not the same as being a genius in reflection, and that what gives so many of these athletes their preternatural ability to shut off distractions is the ability to silence the internal monologue that nags most of us and take the cliches about "one game at a time" at face value. Of course, living without an internal monologue has the same consequences for one's forensic and rhetorical ability as not reading does for one's literacy.

And so it is with Brady, who more than probably any elite athlete of our generation has flourished by accepting and executing dumb platitudes, a person for whom "we gotta play our kind of game" or "we're looking ahead to next week" actually means something important. This is a guy who was in our lives as sports fans for 22 years and in that time has scarcely had an interesting thought. And sure, this is sort of expected; I don't think we have to pretend that LeBron James is one of America's leading public intellectuals anymore. But Brady has always been on another level in terms of having nothing to say. In one of these threads I talked about how he did a weekly hit for Westwood One and how deeply sad I found the production, to have a big-name sponsor for the centerpiece of the halftime show and it's just a phoner with a guy who doesn't want to be there and wouldn't sound much different if he did.

It's an indefensible piece of stunt-casting from Fox, who we thought had kind of moved beyond seeking big names in the booth and were instead more concerned with quality from announcers with a little less name value--cheaper to pay, easier to inevitably replace. No one's going to not watch if they don't have Tom Brady. Now they're paying for him but they may as well not have him, because, as usual, he has nothing to say.

• Applause 3

14 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

It's an indefensible piece of stunt-casting from Fox, who we thought had kind of moved beyond seeking big names in the booth and were instead more concerned with quality from announcers with a little less name value--cheaper to pay, easier to inevitably replace. No one's going to not watch if they don't have Tom Brady. Now they're paying for him but they may as well not have him, because, as usual, he has nothing to say.

eh, I feel like Fox has had that as their MO from the second they got Jeff Gordon in the booth and blew up the Joy/DW/McReynolds chemistry in the NASCAR booth. Since then they've got every main character from the 2004 ALCS (save for Pedro on TBS), and those main characters are freakin' A-Rod, Jeets, and Big Papi, they had a NASCAR champ in Kevin Harvick pretty much signed to the booth for when he retired for about 5 years until he finally got into the booth this year, grabbing Urban Meyer the second he got booted out of Jacksonville. Brady seems par for the course.

Now, he wasn't bad, but he's definitely not an improvement on Greg Olsen who, YOU DUMMIES, WAS THE BEST ANALYST YOU HAD GOING ACROSS ALL THE TEAMS SINCE JOHN MADDEN WAS IN YOUR BOOTH.

• Like 2

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29