New WWE Smack Down logo

Gary

Man, I've always been a huge fan of WWE Smacksown.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 9/15/2024 at 6:17 PM, Partycrasher said:

big improvement. I'm not sure how you could look back at the warmed-over pseudo-throwback they've been using and actually say with a straight face that you prefer it.

Sarcasm?

Hard to argue the new logo isn't the worst in SD history

w3qw1o1whvn31.jpg

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

7 hours ago, Cujo said:

Sarcasm?

Hard to argue the new logo isn't the worst SD history

you can't say things like that and then show an image with two preceding logos that were demonstrably worse. the SD Live logo was laughable, but the 2019-2024 one specifically is a flat, static retread of the One True SmackDown Logo. it's the wrestling equivalent of the Pringles rebrand.

this is a pointless argument, anyway, because everyone here knows the 2001-2008 logo never should've been changed. sure, they could've HD-ified it or whatever over time, but getting rid of the !  was the worst thing they ever did to it.

53Ocz8U.png

5 hours ago, Partycrasher said:

you can't say things like that and then show an image with two preceding logos that were demonstrably worse. the SD Live logo was laughable, but the 2019-2024 one specifically is a flat, static retread of the One True SmackDown Logo. it's the wrestling equivalent of the Pringles rebrand.

this is a pointless argument, anyway, because everyone here knows the 2001-2008 logo never should've been changed. sure, they could've HD-ified it or whatever over time, but getting rid of the !  was the worst thing they ever did to it.

Atleast those logos didn’t spell “Smack Soun”

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 2:42 PM, raysox said:

I think the branding of WWE events usually is pretty poor, but i'll give them credit - this is the most WWE logo of all time

When you stop and think about it, the fact that the 2 flagship shows for WWE are named RAW and Smack Down proves that WWE really lives in their own little universe

6 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

When you stop and think about it, the fact that the 2 flagship shows for WWE are named RAW and Smack Down proves that WWE really lives in their own little universe

While I hate the name Smackdown, I'm not sure what your post even means.  What would acceptable names be?  Are there any companies that name their shows in ways that don't indicate that they're in their own universe?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, BBTV said:

While I hate the name Smackdown, I'm not sure what your post even means.  What would acceptable names be?  Are there any companies that name their shows in ways that don't indicate that they're in their own universe?

Considering the first show started as Monday Night Raw. Sure the name is a little cheesy in a WWF way but it at least conveyed that it would be a more risky show than what was previously on saturday night network specials. Now the name is just shortened to the word Raw. If I was starting a show from scratch, Raw wouldn't be in the top 100 list of words to use for a show. To me it just screams Vince being obsessed with how a word sounds and now we've been stuck with it for over 30 years. Its still better than when he decided to name a PPV Great Balls of Fire