OFFICIAL: Expos to Washington

JQK

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Carolinas weren't really in the running for the 'Spos, so no biggie...

What will they be? Everyone I've heard refer to them is dubbing them the "Senators," but who knows? Nationals would be appropriate considering that they'd be in the NL. "Presidents" was the name given to the mythical DC expansion franchise that never came to pass.

Personally, I think they'd be foolish to use anything but Senators or Nationals. But as everyone knows, MLB does foolish things.

nav-logo.png

Well I want to see how fast and how good a nickname will be. Remember there is no ownership group right now and there's very little time to hold all the focus groups and rounds of design that are usually necessary here. So my guess is it will be Nationals, just because they're in the National league and once they have owners they may change it, or Senators because everyone there knows that. But don't expect the Washington Admirals or Washington Generals or anything new. It's been hard enough to get to this point.

Well I want to see how fast and how good a nickname will be. Remember there is no ownership group right now and there's very little time to hold all the focus groups and rounds of design that are usually necessary here. So my guess is it will be Nationals, just because they're in the National league and once they have owners they may change it, or Senators because everyone there knows that. But don't expect the Washington Admirals or Washington Generals or anything new. It's been hard enough to get to this point.

Grays is running second on the Washington Baseball Club's web site.

If you look at the picture on there, they have a Grays player on the main part of it. I think that sentiment will win out and they'll name them the Washington Grays, after the Negro League team.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

This will actually be a nice change, because

1 There has been nothing new since Tampa Bay and Arizona joined

2 the first NL team in Washington. ^_^

From what I have read it might be the Senators, because some former Senators players were to be at the conference. The first three years being played at RFK

(refurbished) then to their new ballpark.

rbronson- what is the web site?

Signature intentionally left blank

I'll bet they are still the Expos next year so the new owner can have some time to get some focus groups goings. I;m guessing they flip over the M on the caps and make it a W. Can someone post a pic of a cap like this? I don't know how to do it.

actually you're probably right. They'll be the Washington expos until a new owner can pick the name, but I seriously doubt they'll flip the expos M over. Most likely they'll just use a simple plain W

:D The Oilers were pretty good at shooting themselves in the ass even before they moved to Tennessee.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

What is sad is the players and MLB caused the death of baseball in Montreal

Baseball in Montreal was going down hill since 1986. Sure the 94 strike would have given the pos a boost a kept them around for a few years more but they would have been gone eventually. If not now 3 or 4 years down the road.

Latest nickname results as of my submission of Eagles (Fits in within the Patriotic motif of D.C.):

1. Senators (Why am I not surprised?)

2. Grays

3. Monuments

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

I'll bet they are still the Expos next year so the new owner can have some time to get some focus groups goings. I;m guessing they flip over the M on the caps and make it a W. Can someone post a pic of a cap like this? I don't know how to do it.

I think it would be pretty silly to just flip the logo upside down.

After all, the logo is not just an "M." It is also e-l-b.

I'll bet they are still the Expos next year  so the new owner can have some time to get  some focus groups goings. I;m guessing they flip over the M on the caps and make it a W. Can someone post a pic of a  cap  like this? I don't know how to do it.

Actualy it's just just 'e-b'

I saw, I came, I left.

I'll bet they are still the Expos next year  so the new owner can have some time to get  some focus groups goings. I;m guessing they flip over the M on the caps and make it a W. Can someone post a pic of a  cap  like this? I don't know how to do it.

Reaper!

Where've you been?

Archived