NYG Alternate

EagleFan344

I am not a fan of the giants in the least, with that being said, I really really like the blue of the helmet, and the blue uniforms. I would like to see them drop the grey, and replace it with white, kind of a cross between the current, and the early 90's aka LT giants. I wouldnt mind seeing them in all blue either.

I would like to see the emphasis on the red to a minium, so these jerseys are a big no-no IMHO.

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've also heard that NYG will be wearing a "new color" alt. later this season, but again, I don't know anything for sure.

when you say "new" color, do you mean "new" as in something other than blue or "new" as something other than blue and red?

I've also heard that NYG will be wearing a "new color" alt. later this season, but again, I don't know anything for sure.

when you say "new" color, do you mean "new" as in something other than blue or "new" as something other than blue and red?

I got it..."Ho, ho ho - GREEN Giant"...

:P

• 3 weeks later...

I Told ya so.

Giants: For one game, call 'em Big Red

Saturday, November 06, 2004

BY MIKE GARAFOLO

Star-Ledger Staff

Big Blue will soon be turning red. At least for one game.

The Giants have succumbed to the NFL marketing blitz and will introduce a red jersey for one of their home games.

The storied franchise's apparent departure from its traditional color is actually a return to its roots. The Giants wore all-red jerseys from the late 1930s to the mid-'50s.

"We're keeping to our heritage and replicating what was worn in the early days of the Giants," vice president of marketing Rusty Hawley said.

Hawley would not say for which game the team would wear the third jersey, but for several reasons, it appears the red will be unveiled on Nov. 28 against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Home teams dictate whether they will wear either their color or their white jersey, leaving the visitors to wear the opposite jersey. That leaves the last four home games, since it is unlikely the Giants will wear the alternate uniform tomorrow.

The game against the Eagles is three days into the unofficial start of the holiday shopping season, giving the public plenty of time to add the jersey to their list.

And last year, it was the Eagles who unveiled their third, black jersey for the first time against the Giants. Philadelphia won that game, 28-10. By wearing the red, the Giants would seemingly be firing back at the Eagles.

Most players who were asked about the red jersey welcomed the change.

"We should wear all red," linebacker Nick Greisen said. "We had all-red uniforms in high school and in college (at Wisconsin). They looked great."

Greisen will be disappointed to learn that the team will either wear its standard gray pants or beige bottoms similar to the ones worn in the 1930s and '40s.

Of course, quarterback Kurt Warner probably won't mind wearing the red jersey. He wears one every day in practice to remind defenders not to hit him. No word yet on whether the Eagles will comply.

...the team will either wear its standard gray pants or beige bottoms similar to the ones worn in the 1930s and '40s.

I think the beige would make it appear to be more of a one-time "throwback day" rather than simply adding an alternate jersey to the current uniform.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

See ya November 28th......

Have fun getting swept. We already got the division locked up.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, My friend.

9 More games to go.

Lots can happen.

giants blow dude. We already blew them out once.

You won't do it again.

Y not? Its the same 2 teams playing... (no one was injured week 1 that woulda made a big difference) Nate Wayne was by the way...

Eagles will win 35-10

Remember what you say......

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

9 More games to go.

Lots can happen.

You won't do it again.

Y not? Its the same 2 teams playing... (no one was injured week 1 that woulda made a big difference) Nate Wayne was by the way...

Eagles will win 35-10

If u guys DO win, we r still better.

9 More games to go.

Lots can happen.

You won't do it again.

Eagles will win 35-10

I guess that makes the Dolphins the best team in the league

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

9 More games to go.

Lots can happen.

You won't do it again.

Eagles will win 35-10

I guess that makes the Dolphins the best team in the league

No im just saying if we split the season series, and we finish 15-1 and they finish 12-4. We r better.

Archived