2 newsbits I found

Korkie

"The Chargers looked into wearing their powder-blue uniforms on a permanent basis in 2005, but that would have required written notification by March 1. That didn't happen, so the soonest the team could change uniforms would be for the 2006 season."

-- New Orleans Times-Picayune

-Looks like our wishes may come true after all, we just need to be patient,lol.

"There is zero chance of Donald Sterling's Clippers returning to Staples Center after the current lease runs out. And that likely is good news for NBA fans in Orange County, since the Clips would move to the Pond."

-- Orange County Register

-Ladies and gentleman your Anaheim Amigos, err... Clippers!!!

These are both from CNNSi's truth + rumors section where they take clips from national newspapers. I wasn't sure where to put this since they are relating to two threads, one here one in Sports in General.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

2 great news stories in one! Thank GOD the Chargers are going to switch, and about time the Lakers won't have to be the road team in their own arena. It was stupid for the Clippers to move in to begin with, especially since the Staples Center has purple seats to go with the Lakers/Kings scheme.

VmWIn6B.png

• 3 weeks later...

I just took a good look and realized that there really is nothing wrong with the Chargers current uniforms. Hey, they could always be the Falcons.

tx_brees_all.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I just took a good look and realized that there really is nothing wrong with the Chargers current uniforms. Hey, they could always be the Falcons.

I'm glad someone else likes the Chargers' current uniforms

I saw, I came, I left.

tx_brees_all.jpg

the unis themselves are ok. they are just bland compared to the other 2 sets that the chargers have had. im just happy that eventually they will return to powder blue, even if i have to wait 2 years.

The Chargers current look really is very nice, and actually one of the nicest in the league.

I used to think the powder blue was awesome, but now I see that it is just alright.

That said, there are a number of ways they could be pretty good if they brough powder blue back.

The first is to leave the navy but bring powder blue into the scheme. Without losing the basic design or consistancy, bring in powder blue as a trim color. Or, they could do the opposite and bring powder blue in as the primary color and make navy the trim color. If navy is left in the scheme, the helmet could probably be navy or white. The helmet doesn't need numbers, but it could have them. If the helmet is navy, the numbers should be white. If the helmet is white, the numbers should be navy.

The other option is to drop navy and replace all of it's occurances with powder blue. The only exception to this would have to be the helmet. The helmet should be white, the bolt yellow, and the outlines on the bolt white and then powder blue. If they want numbers on the helmet, that's alright, but they should be in a color that is part of the scheme. I don't know that powder blue or gold would be dark enough though, so that's a tough one. Because of that, I'd probably leave the number off.

I like the Chargers unis..then again, I like a lot of things that aren't "COOL!"

How about the Arizona Cardinals? Not to change the topic of the thread, but I don't think they need a change either. Would as many people be calling for a change if they had the success of the Dallas Cowboys? I know people will bring up teams that have changed following years of failure, but those teams usually had dreadful uniforms. The Cardinals are simple and classy, just like the current Chargers.

img6627312.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I think that all the Chargers really need to do is possibly put powder blue where there are any blank spaces (replace the navy blue space between the white and gold on the helmet and the inner outline on the numbers) and create an updated charger horse logo and slap it on the sleeves, a la what the Rams did. I think the main problem is that, like the Browns and the Rams (before the update), their logo ends up being the helmet instead of something more representative of their nickname. I guess we can blame the TV stations for not using either the B in a football logo for the Browns or the SD with bolt logo for the Chargers, but that's just my two cents.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

How about the Arizona Cardinals? Not to change the topic of the thread, but I don't think they need a change either. Would as many people be calling for a change if they had the success of the Dallas Cowboys? I know people will bring up teams that have changed following years of failure, but those teams usually had dreadful uniforms. The Cardinals are simple and classy, just like the current Chargers.

The Cardinals uniforms are fairly simple, and that usually does mean classy, but they are not good.

They have no conistancy. Black on the helmet only. Grey facemask matches nothing. Blue on the white jersey only. The flag patch on the white jersey only. Stripes on the white jersey only. Nothing on the red jersey. Pants that match eachother, but don't really match consistantly with the uniforms.

They're just bad. I'll take their bad over the Bills bad, but that doesn't make them good.

As for the question "Would be saying this if they had a history of winning like the Cowboys?"

Absolutely. The Cowboys jerseys befuddle me. I could point out just as many inconsistancies in their jerseys as I did with the Cardinals. I don't feel like it right now, but I could, and I have before. I'll give you that there are many people who would cry foul if they changed, but I still think they should.

(dont argue with me :mad: )

i will. the current unis are as bland as bland can get. the white jersey is a little better, but it's still bland. they look like half the leauge because their unis are dominated by navy blue. if they just switched to the royal blue 80's unis i would be happy. however the powder blues blow the royal blues away, and the royal blues are very good unis. besides, a VAST majority of chargers fans want the powder blues back. and u cant play the sheep card either, shark. we dont want it back because some rapper wears it. we want it back because it looks 100000x better then the generic crap they wear now.

Well, the Chargers have had the Navy Blue before Navy Blue became all the rage (???) I like their current colour set and logo. The dark blue makes the lightning bolt stand out a lot. What colour do you think of when you hear lightning anyways? I don't know if there is a naval base in San Diego, but if there is, isn't navy blue a nice touch to the area? Besides, Navy blue is an agressive colour and football is an agressive sport.

So what if they look like half the league? Since when bland really a bad thing anyways? What makes the Chargers uniforms unique, though, are the lightning bolts on the shoulder.

I saw, I came, I left.

I would hate to see the Chargers take the Poweder (aka Collegiate) Blues full time.

The Bolts are my favorite team...I started watching them back when it was royal blue & gold as the main colors. The only modification I would make would be to add in a bit more gold, but Spanos (their owner) hates gold, and so there we have it.

As their history goes, the Chargers have had the darker (royal & navy) blue longer than the lighter versions. That's how I identify with them and they should stay that way. The powder/collegiate blues were ditched in '74. 30 years without them being the norm has been good. Keep them as alternates, but the only thing I would hate worse than the throwback would be a mixture of the light blues with the navy.

I believe the Chargers have one of the most distinctive, sharpest looks around now. No need to change. I personally don't think they're bland, but that's me.

I'm glad someone else likes the Chargers' current uniforms

I like them too. I really don't like the powder-blue look.

Archived