Another FC Dallas Uniform Concept...

ColeJ

i personally prefer my "texas flag" kits that i made when i heard the name change... but since they've said they'll wear hoops (and rumored to have DALLAS on the front, instead of FC Dallas), i decided to make a new concept for "los toros en fuego"... my spanish sucks...

anyway, what do you guys think?

Home kits:

fcd-hoops-home.gif

Road kits:

fcd-hoops-away.gif

Third kits:

fcd-hoops-alt.gif

any and all comments are more than welcomed, as always (unless it's the endless argument about if "unamerican names" are stupid in the mls, because that's completely off topic of this concept)... i may not use your advice, but i always want to hear it :)

Love that 3rd kit. I'm iffy on the home and roadies though, nonetheless excellent presentation and nice job.

1/2 way through designing the third kit, i wanted to scrap the whole idea of using a third kit, and change the design up a little for a team usa concept instead.

so needless to say, i've gotta agree with you on that one.

i tried doing all sorts of things with the hoops, but they've said that the kits will be primarily red, with hoops... everything i came up with looked like a mix between the american flag, and a candy cane... so i tried to add some blue, and i might have made them too busy. but for hoops, using those colors, i like my effort.

celtic lucked out... green/white hoops really look best, imo.

Hey Cole.. whatcha mean by 'hoops'? kinda like.. uhmm.. stripes?

BTW, i love the road and thirds... but i agree with making the thirds USA concept. Are the burn right now navy, or are you changing it from black to be more texas-ish?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

"Hoops" are horizontal stripes.

I think you're on the right track, but your hoops are too small. Celtic has fourteen hoops from shoulder to hem, you have twenty-five!

picture1.jpg

I would suggest using one solid color, blue or red, and alternate that with white. Hoops in general are pretty busy, and that would help keep it simpler.

What's the MLS rule on 3rds? In the EPL, they have to be of a contrasting color, so when a team in red plays a team in red, the visiting team changes into one of their alternates. Your third is the same color scheme as the primary, which means anytime it could be worn the primary could be worn. It would work as a training kit, though.

Great job so far, and congrats again to FC Dallas for a great step forward!

Cole, I tend to agree with Gothamite-- bigger stripe size, and limit it to 2 colors. Though I disagree somewhat in that I'd go with a blue/red stripe combo, and a white polo shirt-type "folded" collar (similar to that shown in Gothamite's Celtic photo) to match white shorts.

It is what it is.

What's the MLS rule on 3rds? In the EPL, they have to be of a contrasting color, so when a team in red plays a team in red, the visiting team changes into one of their alternates. Your third is the same color scheme as the primary, which means anytime it could be worn the primary could be worn. It would work as a training kit, though.

MLS rules just require that 3rds contrast with the opponent. There was a game a few years ago where DC United was to play the Metrostars. DC was to wear their 3rds, but didn't bother to tell the Metrostars so they had similar kits. The game was delayed 30 minutes while the DC equipment manager rushed back to their practice facility near Dulles Airport to get usable contrasting uniforms.

The practice in the rest of the world for the change strip to be a very different color has always bothered me. It would be like Yankees taking the field in red. I always thought the change strip should be white, black, or the secondary team color. I like the goalie uniform and the 3rd uniform to be the same as well. The goalkeeper should look like he took the colors from the same palette.

I like the idea, but limit number of stripes and keep stripe combo design for the away uni's. Might even try to see if you can throw in a wavy stripe, a'la USA 94 jerseys. And I'd say put the blue shorts with the home kit, all red is just too much of a good thing :rolleyes:

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

i like the direction this is going in but i'd just haul off and make a soccer version of the Senators barber pole as long as you got three colors on that home.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

alright... the more i read these, the more i tend to agree.

we may very well see a v2 of this concept later on :) something i rarely do for some reason.

thanks for all the comments, guys. and payno.... i didn't change the colors. FC Dallas are red, white, and blue. The burn were red, black, and lime green...... nasty.

and hoops are the traditional soccer term for horizontally striped uniforms. it's like how in hockey, they call drawstrings either drawstrings, or a tie-up, instead of "shoe laces around the neck" :)

I love the idea of hoops and that white shirt with the red and blue stripes is cool. Reminds me of a few rugby jumpers actually.

I decided to have a go at this as well but didn't want to start another thread so I'll stick it in here. It's a quick effort, needs tidying up. (Template from the sticky thread)

fcdallas.PNG

The white strip is meant to have an ever so slightly off-white hoop contrasting with the white. Almost impossible to see unless you really looked, but I wanted to keep it more obvious in the concept.

liverpool-1.png

Archived