Red Sox Win World Series!

Magus

It seems some people don't learn, the series is over after a team wins 4 games not 3. The Cardinals have a team that can comeback from 0-3. I'll qoute the player who has won the Most World Series Yogi Berra," It's not over, till it's over"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a perfect senerio for the curse to kick in. Everyone thought the Sox won game six of the 1986 world series. I remembering hearing a story that a group of fans take resposiblity for the Bill Buckner error because they popped the champaigne before Buckner made the error. I have a feeling this series is going to a game seven.

Its a perfect senerio for the curse to kick in. Everyone thought the Sox won game six of the 1986 world series. I remembering hearing a story that a group of fans take resposiblity for the Bill Buckner error because they popped the champaigne before Buckner made the error. I have a feeling this series is going to a game seven.

Although the game was tied when Buckner made the error

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I haven't posted much about the Cards all year. I've been quiet and it's worked. But it's not working now anyway, so what the heck.

We're coming back. We'll win four in a row. A four game winning streak isn't much at all. Boston's got a seven game one. It's over now though. They've tasted their last victory.

There'll be no more choking by the Cards. They're the better team, and they'll win because of it.

All year long when put in a difficult situation, the Cards have comeback and never given up. That's not gonna change now. You can expect a game seven and a hard fought one at that. I expect a game seven win.

Also all year long the Cards have been the underdog without the sentimental fans. This time it's there own fault they're the underdog after three, though it's not their fault everyone without alliances to the Cards and Yanks is rooting for the Sox. Yet, I don't think the outcome will be different. They're gonna win.

Throw out the statistics. Throw out the nobody's ever comeback from 0-3 and now that it finally happened there's no way it's happening again. That means nothing. If the games were played on paper you'd have two different teams right now.

I have faith, most of the rest of the fans have faith, and most importantly, the players have faith, and you better believe they aren't done yet.

I haven't posted much about the Cards all year. I've been quiet and it's worked. But it's not working now anyway, so what the heck.

We're coming back. We'll win four in a row. A four game winning streak isn't much at all. Boston's got a seven game one. It's over now though. They've tasted their last victory.

There'll be no more choking by the Cards. They're the better team, and they'll win because of it.

All year long when put in a difficult situation, the Cards have comeback and never given up. That's not gonna change now. You can expect a game seven and a hard fought one at that. I expect a game seven win.

Also all year long the Cards have been the underdog without the sentimental fans. This time it's there own fault they're the underdog after three, though it's not their fault everyone without alliances to the Cards and Yanks is rooting for the Sox. Yet, I don't think the outcome will be different. They're gonna win.

Throw out the statistics. Throw out the nobody's ever comeback from 0-3 and now that it finally happened there's no way it's happening again. That means nothing. If the games were played on paper you'd have two different teams right now.

I have faith, most of the rest of the fans have faith, and most importantly, the players have faith, and you better believe they aren't done yet.

Now I want to go kick some A$$!!

Awesome, I agree. I've been wishy washy. Been whinning about Jeff Suppan all day, and Albert's 2-outs mistake in the first inning. Defending Jose Quendo all day as well. But, if any team is as capable of pulling this off as the Red Sox, its the Cardinals. If you followed baseball at all this year instead of just watching the AL money hogs, you'd know this.

They won 105 games this year. Streaks of 12 wins, 13 wins, etc. If they get hot, watch out. Rarely did they win one and lose the next day. Always streaks this year.

Even with these three loses, they are still 12-4 against the AL this season!

GOOOOOOOO CARDINALS!

With what pitching staff are the Cards going to pull off this feat, hmmm? Apparently not theirs! The Cards' team ERA in the World Series? 7.20! And how many starting pitchers have gone at least five innings? NONE! Zero!

The old axiom is rearing its ugly (to Cards fans) head again here: good pitching beats good hitting.

You guys may get one win (most likely against D-Lowe tonight), but that'll be it. I'm not sure which Lowe will show up - the one that pitched a gem in Game 7 against the Yankees or the one that got lit up by Atlanta earlier in the season. However, since you're only as good as your last start, I'd bet on the former rather than the latter.

Fact is, we're starting to see just how weak the National League hitting-wise really is. It's easy to win 105 games when you play teams like the Pirates, Reds, Diamondbacks, and others all season long.

BTW, St. Loo's 12-4 record against the AL? Easy when you play Oakland, Texas, Kansas City, and Seattle - teams that averaged 75 wins this past season. Now, if the Cards had done this against the Angels, Sox, Yanks, and Twins, then I'd be impressed.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

With what pitching staff are the Cards going to pull off this feat, hmmm? Apparently not theirs! The Cards' team ERA in the World Series? 7.20! And how many starting pitchers have gone at least five innings? NONE! Zero!

The old axiom is rearing its ugly (to Cards fans) head again here: good pitching beats good hitting.

You guys may get one win (most likely against D-Lowe tonight), but that'll be it. I'm not sure which Lowe will show up - the one that pitched a gem in Game 7 against the Yankees or the one that got lit up by Atlanta earlier in the season. However, since you're only as good as your last start, I'd bet on the former rather than the latter.

Fact is, we're starting to see just how weak the National League hitting-wise really is. It's easy to win 105 games when you play teams like the Pirates, Reds, Diamondbacks, and others all season long.

BTW, St. Loo's 12-4 record against the AL? Easy when you play Oakland, Texas, Kansas City, and Seattle - teams that averaged 75 wins this past season. Now, if the Cards had done this against the Angels, Sox, Yanks, and Twins, then I'd be impressed.

Funny, how was Boston's pitching after 3 games a week or 2 ago in the ALCS. Let's see, there best pitcher didn't know if would pitch again in the Series and gave up 6 runs in 2 innings in game 1. Pedro only lasted 6 innings in game 2 and the Yankees won game 3 by a score of 19-8. On top of that the BoSox bats were in the same shape as the cards bats are now. The point is things can change in a hurry, and you as a Red Sox fan should know this after last series.

Trust me, I know don't celebrate untill it's over.

Kinda like playing the Royals, Blue Jays, Devil Rays, and Seattle in the AL huh?

The cardinals haven't played like themselves this world series. Not saying its an excuse, just the truth. Had they played how they played all year, woudl they be up 3-0? doubtful. I guarantee they'd have won at least one game though. Probably game 1. Possibly game two. Last night, doubtful. It was Pedro's day. Even without Suppan's brain fart, I don't see the cardinals getting more than 4 runs last night.

Even both teams at full strength i'd still put the Red Sox slightly ahead of the Cardinals. I've watch both of these teams closely all year. They are both amazing teams, both deserving of being here. Boston has an extremly solid team all the way up and down the roster.

All year the cardinals have been hearing "Jeff who? Julian Who? Ray who?" and all year they beat teams. 105 times. Tell the Cubs and the Astros that dominating pitching beats good hitting. They are sitting at home right now with their "big guns."

12-4 thing was tounge in cheek. I know they didn't beat the best teams. Not by a long stretch. But Texas was in the thick of things all year long. As was Oakland.

Long story short, I really do want the Red Sox to win the series. Just not this year :)

Congrats to the Cards. They put up a hell of a fight. Just wasn't enough.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, YOUR 2004

WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON RED SOX!

:notworthy:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

YES YES YES YES YES! I've waited all 8 years of my life for this! :D

Rock, Rock On, sox!

Congratulations kid. You're favorite team won. Good for you.

See you when you're 92. Maybe they'll have won another one by then.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

YES YES YES YES YES! I've waited all 8 years of my life for this! :D

Rock, Rock On, sox!

you are 8?

i thought lopernv was the youngest...

No, he just acts the youngest ;)

I thought that the guy ate an "6" after the "8" being too emotional...

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived