Minnesota North-Stars Logo Update

Phil

I've unofficially dubbed these last two logos (the Golden State Warriors concept and this one) the Simplistic Series, because they represent my effort to design somewhat more iconic, simpler logos.

Nothing revolutionary here, but a simple update of the North-Stars old logo... take a look...

Minnesota%20North-Stars%20Primary%20Logo-Old.gif

Minnesota North-Stars Concept Primary Logo

Questions, comments, suggestions, criticisms (preferably constructive) all welcome.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Looks good. Nice job accentuating the star; always seemed to get lost in the old North Stars' logo. Would you incorporate the state of Minnesota in an alternate look? That'd be interesting to see.

(p.s. I like this one more than the G.S. star logo; which reminds me of the old WAFL Hawaii Legends logo.)

Cards.png

Looks good Syphi! The star is the main element now in this logo and the new colors are really nice.

Keep it up!!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

It's not bad, but not as good as what they used.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It could use some improvement. Coupla ideas...

1) The "N" looks like it's dancing. Maybe if both bottom points were at the same level, it wouldn't look so jitterbug-ish.

2) You have the "N" accented/stylized, but the star is completely straight. Doesn't really help for consistency. So, I guess just try to stylize the star a bit.

Otherwise, has potential, but those two main gripes, IMO, keep this from being very good.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Well Lone Stars is a plural--and an oxymoron with "lone"--not that all sports team names make sense--but there was opposition to it, as I believe there were some associated with the team that liked Lone Stars---and some that hated it...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I don't totatlly dislike it, but for a "Classic" logo like the North Stars, I feel the letter needs to be a little more legible.

And while others decided to hi-jack your post, I'll jump on the bandwagon (heck, living in Toronto I learned to jump on Bandwagons...) and post a concept of mine.

I made that suggestion to a friend of mine who renamed his eecreational adult's hockey team the North Stars.

The thing is, his team sucks... So I thought the NO STARS would be more appropriate.

Apparently, the majority of his players didn't have my sense of humour...

NoStars80.gif

StarsShirt70.gif

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived