The NBA is getting really shiny

AAO

They (reebok) use that shiny material, and i see it on a lot of teams now. The pistons' uniform striping is shiny, the rockets have been shiny since last year, the heat got really shiny this year too. the grizzlies' side striping is shiny. the hawks got shiny side striping too. there's only a few teams without shiny uniforms, celtics and lakers being two of them. we all know the bobcats are shiny. I kinda like it though. but is it a good thing?

I don't believe the Nuggets are any darker.

That said, I do like the shiney uniforms on some teams. It seems to work nicely for the Nuggets. I think the reason theirs looks more shiney is because of the bright color.

IUe6Hvh.png

All this shiny talk reminds me of the chorus from the old 1980s Hayzee Fantazee song:

"Shiny, Shiny / Bad times behind me

Shiny, Shiny / La la la la"

or better yet, our juvenile spoof:

"Shiny, Shiny / Poop out your hiney

Shiny, Shiny / La la la la"

:P

It is what it is.

I like it a little bit. It's better than having only the shorts be shiny...

WM3-013T.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i prefer non-shiny, as evidenced by teh Nuggets' blue looking darker than it really is. it can be pulled off (T-Mac era Magic) but it don't mean everybody should go that route.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Does this make the NBA dazzlers like that old REM/Kate Pierson of the B-52's late 1980's hit. You know, "Shiny Happy People?" :blink::wacko:

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

from the Bobcats:

The predominant uniform fabric, called Shimmer, uses Reebok?s Play Dry advanced moisture management system that wicks moisture away from the skin to the outside of the fabric where it quickly evaporates, preventing the heaviness of perspiration build up. Additionally, kiss-cut tackle twill lettering in the team wordmarks and player numbers is lighter in weight than the layered lettering used by many other NBA teams.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

i started a topic about this before. i mentioned that if you look at the replicas of the nuggets and mavericks silver third, they are gorgeous compared to their tinfoil counterparts.

i recall seeing the Swingman version of the Glad bags, and they woulda been nice lookin except for the color (basically a non-shiny, equally ugly version of the real ones)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

They (reebok) use that shiny material, and i see it on a lot of teams now. The pistons' uniform striping is shiny, the rockets have been shiny since last year, the heat got really shiny this year too. the grizzlies' side striping is shiny. the hawks got shiny side striping too. there's only a few teams without shiny uniforms, celtics and lakers being two of them. we all know the bobcats are shiny. I kinda like it though. but is it a good thing?

Uh AAO, do you have NBALP? If so, go to the channel that has Celtics-Knicks on it. The Celtics roads ARE shiny. I dare you to read this and try to disagree with me. :flagusa:

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

They (reebok) use that shiny material, and i see it on a lot of teams now.  The pistons' uniform striping is shiny, the rockets have been shiny since last year, the heat got really shiny this year too. the grizzlies' side striping is shiny.  the hawks got shiny side striping too.  there's only a few teams without shiny uniforms, celtics and lakers being two of them.  we all know the bobcats are shiny.  I kinda like it though. but is it a good thing?

Uh AAO, do you have NBALP? If so, go to the channel that has Celtics-Knicks on it. The Celtics roads ARE shiny. I dare you to read this and try to disagree with me. :flagusa:

I just want to add that the Flakers :P have also gone shiny as well.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Archived