Seahawks Green Jersey

NewYawkSeahawk

This is sure to be a hot seller in inner cities.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What inner city do you think you'll see that in? Not Seattle's, that's for sure.

How about Vancouver?

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

What inner city do you think you'll see that in? Not Seattle's, that's for sure.

How about Vancouver?

Vancouver, Washington yes. B.C. no.

I absolutely LOVE that jersey. I've been calling for a lime jersey for a long time. I don't know how well it would fit their scheme if they were to use it as an alternate. I think they'd have to wear it with the white pants or go lime green pants as well, but I'm not sure if the metallic blue helmet would work either combo.

Blues and greens don't always mix that well, but I'd like to see them try it out sometime.

Two points to question if this is an authentic on-field jersey...

1. The font for the lettering on the back is wrong. Seattle used wider letters, similar to Major League Baseball teams. The top of the A is flat, it barely tapers. The lettering on this jersey is narrower, similar to the Chiefs and Raiders. However, many of the authentic jerseys sold through Seattle's online Pro Shop use the same incorrect lettering. Check out the other post for the red Giants jersey. That one has the lettering correct, especially the flat-top A in Manning.

2. Is the Seahawk logo on the sleeves really that small? It barely looks larger than the Reebok logo.

The tagging looks legit, but I don't think this is the real deal.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

2. Is the Seahawk logo on the sleeves really that small? It barely looks larger than the Reebok logo.

The tagging looks legit, but I don't think this is the real deal.

yes actually, on the field it is that small, not much bigger than the reebok logo, wich is dumb.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Several thoughts based upon comments in this thread:

1) The Seahawks official colors do not include "midnight teal". Their Blue colors are referred to as Seahawks Blue and Navy Blue. The Green has been variously called Seahawks Green, Electric Green or Northwest Green.

2) The Seahawks have overdone the use of a monochromatic Seahawks Blue uniform. Once in awhile might be acceptable, but frankly, I prefer them to wear the Seahawks Blue jersey with White pants at home and the White jersey with White pants on the road. The White jersey with Seahawks Blue pants as a rare change on the road is okay. The all-Seahawks Blue outfit should be used SPARINGLY. A little of the latter goes a LONG way!

3) I'm not a fan of this Seahawks/Electric/Northwest Green jersey... which surprises me given the fact that I loved the Orlando Thunder's uniform. In fact, I own both home and road jerseys for the Thunder. I think that the only way that you could get away with using this jersey would be to match it up with the White pants. Even then, I don't like the way that the Seahawks/Electric/Northwest Green and the Seahawks Blue play off of each other. They don't accent each other well in large doses.

4) I would love to see the Seahawks adopt a Navy Blue alternate jersey, with Seahawk Blue sleeves and White numbers outlined in Seahawk Blue. I think that would look terrific with either White or Seahawk Blue pants.

5) The Seahawk logo on the jersey sleeves needs to be made as large as it was on the old uniforms. In other words, it needs to wrap around the sleeve the way it did before.

6) The Seahawks should use a custom font for their jersey numbers.

For the record, here are the actual Seahawks colors (I'm on a roll tonight):

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS PACIFIC BLUE

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS DARK NAVY BLUE

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS BRIGHT GREEN

...and...here are the Textiles:

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS PACIFIC BLUE ("Ensign Blue")

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS DARK NAVY BLUE ("Blue Nights")

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS BRIGHT GREEN ("Bud Green")

I like it, although I did put my concept jokingly under "Why There Isn't More Green" earlier this year:

SeahawksAlt1.gif

For the regular jersey, no way. But as an alternate, it would be...unique! (And less drab)

Now those are funky! I really dig that design as well as your other ideas....

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

Its interesting, and grabs your attention.I sort of like them, but no way would I want these things on the field

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Archived