The Expos back to Montréal?

Swiss

man...leave it to the MLB to announce a team without a plan in place.

Why would you ever decide a team location without anything in place yet?? Owners, stadium location, etc. This is disgusting honestly.

I think it would be hilarious of the city of montreal said no to MLB coming back, but I'm wacky.

The I'm wacky too because I agree with you that it'd be funny. What would they do, play the year in Puerto Rico? :wacko:

IUe6Hvh.png

I think it would be hilarious of the city of montreal said no to MLB coming back, but I'm wacky.

The I'm wacky too because I agree with you that it'd be funny. What would they do, play the year in Puerto Rico? :wacko:

They'd be a travelling team :) 2 bits a gander

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

They cant do this they just got play in DC wherever teh stadium is to tug the heartstrings of fans in two cities will damage MLB severly so much that they could never go to DC again and may open lawsuits, and create a gigantic mess just get the stadium built in DC anywhere and let them becoem a real team again.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

How about DC goes ahead and approves the financing to renovate RFK, and then decides on the new park? If it takes another year, and the team has to play another year in RFK, so be it. Then again, this is why politicians shouldn't be involved in sports.

VmWIn6B.png

QUOTE (CC97 @ Sunday, November 7th, 2004 - 15:43:10)

The I'm wacky too because I agree with you that it'd be funny. What would they do, play the year in Puerto Rico?

guess you can add me to the wacky list. that would be funny.

Maybe they could move the Expos to Milwaukee. Milwaukee doesn't have a major league team.

are you kidding?

haha did you forget about the brewers...

Maybe they could move the Expos to Milwaukee. Milwaukee doesn't have a major league team.

are you kidding?

haha did you forget about the brewers...

Back when the NHL went through their rapid expansion there was a joke-

Why can't Hamilton get an NHL expansion team?

Because then Toronto would want one too.

It's not ignoring the Brewers--it's a joke...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

and local businesses shouldn't reap the benifits of a major league team in their city.

Its a giant circle. The taxpayers want a team, but they don't want to pay for it. The owners want a stadium, but they don't want to pay for it.

Nobody is right. I think they are both wrong. The taxpayers WILL benifit from a team with the local businesses getting more money on game days and more people coming into the cities. BUT, the owners can't just have a stadium given to them. What sense does that make? I think the best action is either the team pays for it all, or the taxpayers give SOME money, but not more than half.

Bah, I know nothing actually. I'm not a financial person at all.

Then again, this is why politicians shouldn't be involved in sports.

Fair enough. Then again, sports leagues shouldn't expect municipal/county/state governments to foot the bill for their facilities.

"You took the words right out of my mouth" - Meat Loaf (don't read the next line of that song, it doesn't apply here :))

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

So that everyone knows in Baseball history there have been only 3 stadiums to be built privatly without the government paying for it. Yankee Stadium, The new San Fran park (whatever it's called now), and Dodger Stadium (however LA gave the dodgers the land).

I read somewhere that, no matter what, the Expos will be playing in DC this coming season, but if the stadium plans change, it will be only temporary while MLB waits on Northern Va., Portland, or Vegas gets their acts together. That would make even more of a farce of this insane situation.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Archived