Giambi admits to injecting steroids

jonkj

Why am I not surprised by that? And the guy in charge of BALCO's gonna name names on ABC News' "20/20" tomorrow (12/03).

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Doubt it. He admitted to taking these things before the MLB started testing for it. I don't believe HGH was illegal because I'm not sure the league had a way to test for it, not that they tested anyway. It's clear he stopped when he showed up to Spring Training a lot smaller than he was.

Just a question, because I'm not sure -- aren't Grand Jury Cases supposed to be kept private and not open to the public?

IUe6Hvh.png

...and now if Barry would just admit it, we as sports fans could just move on.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

What will happen when Bonds after reaching the 1st place of lifetime HRs, retires and be demostrated that he was injecting himself steroids?

No Hall of Fame? No validate records?

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Who knows what will happen if Bonds is ever proved to have used steroids. I don't think they should ever asterisk his records or erase them because steroids don't help as much as everybody loves to think that they do. And until Barry Bonds says he's done them (which he probably won't), or they get a positive test out of him (which they won't), there's absolutely no proof of him using steroids.

IUe6Hvh.png

If Bonds is taking roids, and I'm not making any judgement calls here, but after reading the Giambi story and his 'injuries common for steroid users".. IF Bonds is on the roids, he leads a pretty healthy career. I was under the impression that you are succeptable to injuries being on the juice. I'm just thinking out loud, dont mind me.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

If Bonds is taking roids, and I'm not making any judgement calls here, but after reading the Giambi story and his 'injuries common for steroid users".. IF Bonds is on the roids, he leads a pretty healthy career. I was under the impression that you are succeptable to injuries being on the juice. I'm just thinking out loud, dont mind me.

Yep, that would be correct. Steroid use generally leads to a lot of injuries (I think there's a strong link between steroids and tendinitis, especially) and Bonds hasn't missed much time due to injuries in his career.

IUe6Hvh.png

It's always nice when closed hearings and such are leaked to the public. When did it become a right to know everything about everything? Just because you get a hold of something, do you have to spread it around especially when you know it wasn't meant for public consumption?

Well, this might be the news the Yankees wanted to hear. After this settles a bit they might be able to terminate Giambi's contract (something they want to do). Obviously, they will probably need more than just a newspaper article.

Also, steriods do help a lot. Look at Giambi, he stopped taking them after the 2003 season and look at his 2004 season. It was horrible and ended up with him having a tumor, probably caused by the roids. Granted, if Bonds got off the roids he probably would't sink that much becuase before the belived roids period he was a future Hall of Famer, but he wouldn't be at the level he currently is.

Well, this might be the news the Yankees wanted to hear. After this settles a bit they might be able to terminate Giambi's contract (something they want to do). Obviously, they will probably need more than just a newspaper article.

Maybe King George helped get this story leaked for just that purpose?

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

How is taking performance enhancing drugs not worse than betting on the game? Giambi should be thrown out of the game for life.

Either that or Pete Rose's punishment should be lessened.

The #1 Rule in Baseball for over 80 years has been DO NOT BET ON BASEBALL. It wasn't till last year they even began to test for steroids. Up until the 2004 season it makes no difference whatsoever if any one used steroids.

Was it an unfair advantage? Questionable.

Was it against the rules? No.

Without conclusive evidence it will take Bonds longer than 15 years to admit his transgressions.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

How is taking performance enhancing drugs not worse than betting on the game? Giambi should be thrown out of the game for life.

The #1 Rule in Baseball for over 80 years has been DO NOT BET ON BASEBALL. It wasn't till last year they even began to test for steroids. Up until the 2004 season it makes no difference whatsoever if any one used steroids.

Without conclusive evidence it will take Bonds longer than 15 years to admit his transgressions.

Exactly. If nobody wants to sign Giambi and unofficially blackball him, that's fine, but betting has always been against the rules. Steroids haven't always been illegal, though they are unethical. I'm betting (no pun intended) that the Yanks will let him go, and someone will pick him up and, while I don't like the way baseball does this, I do hope that if it happens again (ala Strawberry, Steve Howe, etc.) he can get back to where he was in Oakland (pre-2001).

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Against the rules no. But against the law. I would hope federal law would supercede MLB rules. He broke the law in a way that enhanced his on the field performance. How anyone can excuse that is beyond me.

Giambi admitting to this, as well as Sheffield saying he used the cream "unwittingly" (wink, wink), is just the tip of this thing.

And with all the news and evidence coming out, the one man in the middle, who is looking like the kingpin in all of this, is Mr. Barry Bonds.

This is going to get interesting.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Steroids makes you bigger, better and faster. That's just physically. They also give you a mental edge, very important in a game such as baseball.

A key to hitting a baseball with power is bat speed. If steroids makes you faster, thus inhancing your bat speed, I'm sure that would have no effect on a homerun ball :blink:

If barry took them, he's still a good baseball player. He still might have been the greatest to ever play without them. (assuming he took them which he is innocent until proven guilty) But if he did take him, he will never be considered the greatest ever. His records will be forgotten, and I'm doubting he'd ever get into the hall of fame. The current members of the Hall wouldn't want him in, much like they've dictated the pete rose situation.

Archived