Wrong socks?

Chazberg

I saw some of the Redskins game from a TV across the restaurant and it looked like Portis is wearing either low crew cut socks with his calves showing or the solid maroon socks from the away uniform. What gives? It looks stupid and I would think he has to get fined for this; I'm surprised he hasn't already been pulled aside and told to fix it.

I dont think he should. But O ya, he's getting fined like a mug because of the NFL Uniform Policy. He's basically gonna get fined for the same thing Jake Plummer got fined for: Not looking "Uniform". I figure if you've got the same shorts and same pants, then you're uniform. Not the NFL, though. You've gotta be uniform from head to toe or you will get fined.

Shawn Taylor has the same socks on. Maybe it's a "U" thing. Didn't Vick do this a year or two ago. This won't stop players from breaking the uniform because they can afford to cover a few thousand dollar fine.

KISSwall09.jpg

the NFL are stupid with all these 'uniform thing'....in the AFL here, the players choose if they wear long sleeve or sleeveless and if they want their socks up or down.....

if i were in the NFL i'd be wearing those 'undershirt' thing to give it a better look....

i know that with Arsenal (EPL) their captain chooses if the team wear long sleeves or short sleeves....

i don't think it'd matter if this guy had a bit of his leg showing, apart from the NFL, who cares? ireckon it should be the players preference

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

There was a similar discussion about this during the weeks after the Pat Tillman tribute.

The NFL is very clear when it comes to uniform policy. You don't have to like it, but the rules are there. Everyone has to look the same way with uniform components, with the exception of sleeve length and facemask styles. Players have been fined many times in the past for sock & pant issues, whether it's a different color, or the length of the pants, etc. It's not a popular outcome, but the NFL doesn't bend on this issue to anyone, or else it's a fine.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Say you allow the socks...then you have 11 guys on the field all with different color, style, length of socks. Just looks bad. Heck, some high schools have team rules to the extent of "wear the team socks/shoes or you don't play." I know we had that rule. We looked stupid (black socks and nothing else on the uniform black, but still at least we looked "uniform") In college it was a 15 yard penalty right off the bat if someone wore different socks or shoes and I believe they had to change. And yes it was enforced a few times in D-3 of all things.

BTW (somewhat off topic alert!), just found out my college team went 11-2 this year and lost to Mount Union in the Quarterfinals by a touchdown I think. They had never gone to the playoffs before. Not bad...guess all the good stuff is happening now that I'm gone! :P

Washington Times

He and former University of Miami teammate Sean Taylor junked the usual white socks for red ones.

"I'll probably get fined, but I had to change my outfit," Portis said. "The white socks have been killing me. If you're not looking sweet, you really can't play too sweet. ..."

:blink:

BTW (somewhat off topic alert!), just found out my college team went 11-2 this year and lost to Mount Union in the Quarterfinals by a touchdown I think. They had never gone to the playoffs before. Not bad...guess all the good stuff is happening now that I'm gone! :P

how bout that...i don't know what's more surprising, the record or how they held up against Mount.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

BTW (somewhat off topic alert!), just found out my college team went 11-2 this year and lost to Mount Union in the Quarterfinals by a touchdown I think.  They had never gone to the playoffs before.  Not bad...guess all the good stuff is happening now that I'm gone!  :P

how bout that...i don't know what's more surprising, the record or how they held up against Mount.

to me...both.

Archived