BEAR DOWN, ARIZONA!

amare32

well I have to defend myself somehow.  Basically calling me a homophobe, and then a racist.  You know I have to defend myself somehow.  You don't ever throw cards out like that when you are trash talking.  So do your homework before you throw accusations :cursing:
Trust me i'd rather look like a Chili Dog then look like a Gay Bear anyday.

my homework says that whenever you throw out a term like "gay bear" toward an entire group in a demeaning tone, it doesn't bode well with the gay community, regardless of how long the term has been in use. this is 2004, terms like that shouldn't be in use anymore. like it, or not, there are gay members of this very board.

at least English is the primary language at ASU.
yeah I know, came out a little wrong, what I am trying to say is that Tucson is an example of little mexico.

could have been an innocent enough comment, but i truly don't think so. maybe it's just me, but i'm sure some of our hispanic members might agree with me.

ok, my homework is done, may i go outside and play now?

no you cant joel, im not done with you yet. and lilg, that was a case of foot in mouth syndrome, which could lead to fist in face syndrome if not careful. the remedy is to think before you type.

Hard to tell for sure, but I would read that post as an indication that they may be going to three helmets. A white (like they had before '04), the blue from '04, and a new red one.

I'd be all for this, especially if they widen the white outline around the "A-logo" on the red and blue helmets from what they had this year.

"Jesus is for Losers" - Steve Taylor

i'd wondered about "Bear Down" too. up here, you think the Bears when you think Bear Down. almost never Arizona unless you live up here but go to UA.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

well I have to defend myself somehow.  Basically calling me a homophobe, and then a racist.  You know I have to defend myself somehow.  You don't ever throw cards out like that when you are trash talking.  So do your homework before you throw accusations :cursing:

my homework says that whenever you throw out a term like "gay bear" toward an entire group in a demeaning tone, it doesn't bode well with the gay community, regardless of how long the term has been in use. this is 2004, terms like that shouldn't be in use anymore. like it, or not, there are gay members of this very board.

yeah I know, came out a little wrong, what I am trying to say is that Tucson is an example of little mexico.

could have been an innocent enough comment, but i truly don't think so. maybe it's just me, but i'm sure some of our hispanic members might agree with me.

You know what, Josh is right, I did make a few comments that was Foot in Mouth, but you calling me a racist and a homophobe because I make a few outrageous comments is ludicris. First of all my daughter is half mexican, and I love her more than you will ever know, does that make me a racist? Second of all, I meant it as a joke when I said gay bear. If you ever knew about the UA-ASU rivalry you would know what I was talking about. So I am sorry if I made one little joke that sounds a little offensive to a prude like you. I say gay bear, and all of a sudden I sound like i'm against gay people. For all you know I mean something else. Gay doesn't neccesarilly have to mean homosexual 3rd of all, I have lived in Arizona long enough to know that the state is demographically a hispanic community. Some of my best friends are hispanic, some of my family lives in Tucson. When I trash talk about Tucson, I don't mean anything I say. But yet the way you make me sound you make me sound like I am from the KKK. Joel, one thing I am not is a racist, or a homophobe, I am offended that you would even say that about me. You don't even know me. So seriously, next time I will watch what I say, but you have to stop throwing accusations over what someone says when he trash talks. I am sorry for making the comments, but I did mean them as a joke, but you are too conservative.

You know what, Josh is right, I did make a few comments that was Foot in Mouth, but you calling me a racist and a homophobe because I make a few outrageous comments is ludicris. First of all my daughter is half mexican, and I love her more than you will ever know, does that make me a racist? Second of all, I meant it as a joke when I said gay bear. If you ever knew about the UA-ASU rivalry you would know what I was talking about. So I am sorry if I made one little joke that sounds a little offensive to a prude like you. I say gay bear, and all of a sudden I sound like i'm against gay people. For all you know I mean something else. Gay doesn't neccesarilly have to mean homosexual 3rd of all, I have lived in Arizona long enough to know that the state is demographically a hispanic community. Some of my best friends are hispanic, some of my family lives in Tucson. When I trash talk about Tucson, I don't mean anything I say. But yet the way you make me sound you make me sound like I am from the KKK. Joel, one thing I am not is a racist, or a homophobe, I am offended that you would even say that about me. You don't even know me. So seriously, next time I will watch what I say, but you have to stop throwing accusations over what someone says when he trash talks. I am sorry for making the comments, but I did mean them as a joke, but you are too conservative.

sorry i hit so close to home, sport.

to say the term 'gay' has other connotations (assuming you mean 'happy' or 'jovial', such as the Happy Bear or Jovial Bear you were speaking of), is like saying the term ' :censored:' has other connotations. maybe that 'fag' people have been talking about for years truly is just a cigarrette. but then again, maybe not.

i'm not calling you a racist or a homophobe, champ. i'm merely pointing out that the terms and language that you used should be kept in a vault and labelled 'pre-1960 america - see how plopty we were'.

you aren't wrong, and i'm not saying you are. the point i'm trying to get across is that society is wrong in the way it treats it's fellow human beings (whether it be me lambasting you on a little misstep with what you said, or the wonton hatred of an entire demographic or two by the current federal leadership administration in this country).

let's be friends. i love each and every one of you.

especially JC.

sorry i hit so close to home, sport.

to say the term 'gay' has other connotations (assuming you mean 'happy' or 'jovial', such as the Happy Bear or Jovial Bear you were speaking of), is like saying the term ' :censored:' has other connotations. maybe that 'fag' people have been talking about for years truly is just a cigarrette. but then again, maybe not.

i'm not calling you a racist or a homophobe, champ. i'm merely pointing out that the terms and language that you used should be kept in a vault and labelled 'pre-1960 america - see how plopty we were'.

you aren't wrong, and i'm not saying you are. the point i'm trying to get across is that society is wrong in the way it treats it's fellow human beings (whether it be me lambasting you on a little misstep with what you said, or the wonton hatred of an entire demographic or two by the current federal leadership administration in this country).

let's be friends. i love each and every one of you.

especially JC.

ah okay, Friends.

Large, publicly funded university with a well-fed atletic budget or not, maintaining three sets of helmets for 70+ players would be an extraordinarily expensive proposition. I just can't imagine that the three AOC schemes being discussed also contemplate three different helmets as someone had mentioned previously. I would think that the lesser-funded athletic programs at the UA would be quite vocal in their criticism of such an expenditure. Just a thought.

Large, publicly funded university with a well-fed atletic budget or not, maintaining three sets of helmets for 70+ players would be an extraordinarily expensive proposition. I just can't imagine that the three AOC schemes being discussed also contemplate three different helmets as someone had mentioned previously. I would think that the lesser-funded athletic programs at the UA would be quite vocal in their criticism of such an expenditure. Just a thought.

that's a racist statement and you know it, yale!

Large, publicly funded university with a well-fed atletic budget or not, maintaining three sets of helmets for 70+ players would be an extraordinarily expensive proposition.  I just can't imagine that the three AOC schemes being discussed also contemplate three different helmets as someone had mentioned previously.  I would think that the lesser-funded athletic programs at the UA would be quite vocal in their criticism of such an expenditure.  Just a thought.

that's a racist statement and you know it, yale!

Guilty as chaged. I am an unabashed Tri-Helmetist. Advocates of three separate helmets for one team kidnapped all of the womenfolk of my ancestors back in the 1500's and forced them to roam the streets of the old country and perform discount pedicures. Ever since that time my family has been raised to hate the Tri-Helmet advocates and treat them as mortal, sworn enemies.

Archived