Introducing the Saskatchewan Royals

GMac

Nice work GMac! I like the color combo you used, because it usually refers to Christmas, but not this time. The gold balances out the red... The uniforms are simple but I like that.

I think the best logo is the crown over the maple leaf!

Good work!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Send this to the Milwaukee Bucks. Their purple-and-green combo was ugly when it was created, and is now dated too. The Bucks' original colors were dark green (for the Packers) and red (for Wisconsin). One could posit that the gold is for the Brewers. This would be ideal.

Packers-2.png

OK i'm not sure this was intentional but I also noticed the way ROYALS and the numbers are arranged on the front I see a hidden triangle. Also the space between the twos look almost like a "figure" shooting a fade away jumper. I'm really stretching here. Where is the hidden item?!

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Nice work--and it does say Saskatchewan as well--Using this anywhere?

(on the spelling debate--both "center" and "centre" are correct.

Technically "center" is the middle of something & "centre" is a building or location--as in a community centre.)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I don't really make it habit to distribute my custom fonts outside of close friends and GMac. Just a personal preference.

By the way, for what it's worth, I still don't like the red in this, G. Red and green are bitter enemies and putting them in close proximity causes a visual riot. And looting.

jeeeesh would some canadian just look at the shorts and figure it out... and nitro aint lying he was trying to talk me out of red the entire time

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

The basketball in the shield on the shorts reminds me of a stock of wheat. The three lines going up are the wheat and the line going around it holds it together. That's my first impression. Other than that, I love the concept.

jeeeesh would some canadian just look at the shorts and figure it out... and nitro aint lying he was trying to talk me out of red the entire time

If you're hidden shape is supposed to be a representation of the map of Saskatchewan on the sides of the shorts I would suggest making the top a touch wider so that it's less triangle like. :D

I said it says Saskatchewan...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Looks good, for someone from Saskatchewan.

One thing bugging me though, is that the crown/shield on the wordmark look off-centre. Is this intentional? Or due to the way the "R" and the "S" come down towards the shield?

**edit- K, sorry, they don't look off-centre- they are off centre.

...and with absolutely no collusion, both Winnipeggers come to the same immediate conclusion.

Is it our geographical position that causes us to be especially sensitive to central alignment?

Also, the fact that he included Saskatchewan's 'shape' is like using Wyoming or Colorado's 'shapes' in a logo. If your state shape is 99.9% similar to a geographical shape, especially a rectangle, you lose the right to use it in a logo.

It would've been cooler to have the shape of an old school grain elevator on the side of the shorts. That would've been slick.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

So have we found the hidden item or not? If not I will do my reaching and say that the seams of the basketball in the shield look like an "S" and an "R". The "S" is the swervy line to the left of the vertical seam and the R is comprised of the vertical seam and the swervy seam on the right.

If that is not the item (and it probably isn't) I bet it could be tweaked to be a hidden "SR"

LT

If you're hidden shape is supposed to be a representation of the map of Saskatchewan on the sides of the shorts I would suggest making the top a touch wider so that it's less triangle like. :D

I guess it is the outline of Saskatchewan. It's a more slender than Wyoming's and Colorado's so it a bit more recognisable. :)

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived