The NCAA on Sportslogos.net

CC97

Some info on Bama's logo. The elephant head logo is used a lot, but the university is gradually trying to make this script A and the circle the new primary logo (As evidenced by them replacing the elephant head with this logo on both the scoreboard and the centerfield logo on the football field.) Also Alabama's men's basketball team is now using the script A logo on their shorts instead of the older "A". So I would consider this logo the primary and the elephant head the secondary or even Primary 1A or something...their website still lists the elephant head as the primary, but I don't think they have updated that for a while. Anyway here is the logo.

Alabama%20logo.JPG

Also i could (if you want) try to vectorize the old school bama logo, they also used a simple "A" for a while in the 50's, 60's and 70's that would be no problem to make.

hope this helps.

EDIT- Also the dates I think are

Elephant head - 1997-Present

Script A "Circle logo"- 2003-Present

Old School Elephant jumping through A- 1977-1997

I am pretty sure those dates are at least close...might want to get confirmation

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pantone, the colors listed for Loyola Marymount are outdated.  They are now crimson and navy blue.  And, for UC Davis, the affiliation is now NCAA D-I/NCAA D-I AA, and the nickname is just the Aggies.

Yeah - lots of updates to do...quite a lot of it is a couple of years old (actually, I had the newer colors in there, but due to data problems, the old ones showed up on this report).

However, I do have LMU's current Pantones (I store them in a connected, yet separate set of tables):

Loyola Marymount U.'s Athletic Pantone Colors

I've got boat-loads of these things...

Are the dates for the new colors accurate? If so, then Chris, you can put 2002-present for the LMU logos.

VmWIn6B.png

Troy University was established in 1887. I don't have any logos in vector format, but I do have many of the athletic logos from the school in .png format.

18c72856.jpg

this is really similar, and i think some college uses it but it might be a CC. sry about wrinkles, its stright off of a helmet. if you can use it, its yours

I don't know of any college that uses that logo. Idaho has a gold helmet that says "Vandals" in solid black script.

Below is the link to UNC Wilmington's logo page (with EPS files). The official athletics logo is the one that looks like a chess piece. It is a Seahawk with a wave on it. The Seahawk faces left so that it looks like the Number 1. It was designed in 1993, and in my opinion, needs an overhaul.

Chris - Our nickname is the Seahawks and the school was founded in 1947.

Tom Riordan

Asst. SID

UNC Wilmington

http://www.uncw.edu/ba/printing_services/logos.htm

Hey Pantone, does any school have more different sets of colors than KU? I'm currently enrolled and it is kind of annoying that the football team has a different color scheme than anything else involved w/the school and even the rest of the sports have various little differences that just seems a little amateurish for a major university.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Hey Pantone, does any school have more different sets of colors than KU? I'm currently enrolled and it is kind of annoying that the football team has a different color scheme than anything else involved w/the school and even the rest of the sports have various little differences that just seems a little amateurish for a major university.

Tons and tons of them do apparently...yes, Kansas is certainly one (I'm still trying to find what Pantone the football team uses for the Dark Blue), but quite a few of them use different sets for the university colors as opposed to the athletic colors.

I store 'em all.

I sent an email to our marketing director regarding the year the new LMU logos were introduced. Also, I have located a small version of the previous logo, so if someone can vectorize it, that can be added to the site as well.

And, UCLA's the school with the most color variations between sports from what I've observed.

VmWIn6B.png

USF logos:

SouthFloridaBullsNEW.GIF

SouthFloridaBullsNEW2.GIF

SouthFloridaBullsNEW3.GIFSouthFloridaBulls20.GIF

I'm so grateful that USF went those logos instead of using what I liked to call the "castrated bull" logo. I called it that because for years I thought it was a bull with its mouth open rather than an image of a bull at a weird angle.

we actually called the old logo the iron goat

USF logos:

SouthFloridaBullsNEW.GIF

SouthFloridaBullsNEW2.GIF

SouthFloridaBullsNEW3.GIFSouthFloridaBulls20.GIF

I'm so grateful that USF went those logos instead of using what I liked to call the "castrated bull" logo. I called it that because for years I thought it was a bull with its mouth open rather than an image of a bull at a weird angle.

we actually called the old logo the iron goat

Ya know, that nickname actually makes more sense. I just used the forementioned nickname because I thought it was silhouette profile than a weird angle.

OK, per the athletic marketing director, the new LMU logos were introduced in 1999. The school was founded in 1911. Here's the old logo (you'll have to vectorize it because of the size).

loymmt.gif

VmWIn6B.png

Archived