The NCAA on Sportslogos.net

CC97

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember for a while that North Texas was named the Eagles, but they recently renamed the team the Mean Green.

North Texas has been BOTH the Eagles and the Mean Green since the '60s.

I'm an alum.

^_^

In addition, I've been buying the National Directory of College Athletics (Men's and Women's editions) since the late-'80s, Peterson's college directory since the early-'90s, I've got the book "What's in a Nickname" that chronicals the stories behind hundreds of school nicknames, and I also have the Encyclopedia of College & University Name Histories.

And...it's all in my database.

I'm kind of a one-stop-shop.

:P

In addition, I've been buying the National Directory of College Athletics (Men's and Women's editions) since the late-'80s, Peterson's college directory since the early-'90s, I've got the book "What's in a Nickname" that chronicals the stories behind hundreds of school nicknames, and I also have the Encyclopedia of College & University Name Histories.

And...it's all in my database.

I'm kind of a one-stop-shop.

:P

Can I have a gift certificate?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Interesting note about North Texas...

The athletic logos' colors are Green, Blue and Copper (looks a little orange), but all the teams seem to wear green and black.

I don't think Oregon uses the Donald Duck logo anymore, I think they've gone strictly to the new "O-Oregon" logos that use a similar font to the University of Miami-FL.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Troy University was established in 1887. I don't have any logos in vector format, but I do have many of the athletic logos from the school in .png format.

You just have to know where to look, and to be a little creative with the web addresses ;)

On the Troy site is the graphics and standards manual (look for Chapter/Volume 3) and it contains at least 30 Troy logos in vector format, plus most of the sport-specific ones.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Interesting note about North Texas...

The athletic logos' colors are Green, Blue and Copper (looks a little orange), but all the teams seem to wear green and black.

Quite a lot of the colleges out there have different colors for the university vs. the athletic teams.

Wisconsin-Stout for example lists Copper and Black as the school colors, while the athletic teams use Royal Blue and White.

Wow.

I was assembling the Georgia Tech stuff for you, but looks like Pantone has the GOODS!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Chris, I have started a sort of "NCAA Uniforms Project" using Nicks template. I have completed Oklahoma, USC, and Auburn and I plan on doing many more. If you'd like, I could send you what I have so far and you could put them on the team sites if you want.

Howard1.jpg

I don't think Oregon uses the Donald Duck logo anymore, I think they've gone strictly to the new "O-Oregon" logos that use a similar font to the University of Miami-FL.

I'm more of an OSU fan, than a Oregon Ducks fan -- can't you tell? :P

But anyway, the Ducks still use, well, at least they still sell merchandise with the Donald Duck logo, but primarily within the state of Oregon. Most merchandise sold nationally has the Nike-O logo. The dullest, mind-numbing logo on the planet... :sleeping:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I have somewhere in the range of 2,000 different NCAA logos. If I can help, just let me know.

So you have as many NCAA logos as I have total logos on my site? No I don't think you can help at all! :P;):)

Well how would I know?

I don't have to use your site anymore, as I have 90% of all the logos I need on my HD.

I'll email you a list of what I have and you can let me know what you need.

I should add that probably 40+ are various Colorado colleges.

Archived