The NCAA on Sportslogos.net

CC97

Hello everyone,

I am underway with the addition of the NCAA to the website, and as you can understand it's one heck of a task.

I'm seeking assistance on college nicknames, accuracy with years for teams and logos, and anything else I got wrong.

You can see what I have so far here...

SportsLogos.net NCAA Section (under construction - 1/13/2005)

If you can post corrections/additions in this thread I'd appreciate it, thank you.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is blank, does that mean we should check back in later, or that you need the stuff?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

If it is blank, does that mean we should check back in later, or that you need the stuff?

Anything that has no nickname on A-C means I don't have it (I haven't gotten around to doing nicknames for the other 5 sections).

All the blank years "19-- - Present" means I don't have it.

---

Chris Creamer

It looks like you are basing it on Division I basketball? If so, you should have Wisconsin-Green Bay.

Since people here like hockey so much, perhaps we would want all D-I hockey schools--Minnesota-Duluth, Minnesota State Mankato, Colorado College, etc.

Not to make more work for you.... :D

I think the University of Wisconsin is 1848 and University of Iowa is 1846.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It looks like you are basing it on Division I basketball? If so, you should have Wisconsin-Green Bay.

Since people here like hockey so much, perhaps we would want all D-I hockey schools--Minnesota-Duluth, Minnesota State Mankato, Colorado College, etc.

Not to make more work for you.... :D

I think the University of Wisconsin is 1848 and University of Iowa is 1846.

I'm basing it off of whatever people are telling me, I know nothing about the NCAA :)

Thanks for the years.

---

Chris Creamer

this is the file i hooked general creamer up with.

if you guys have any that aren't on here, i'm sure he'll appreciate them.

You are correct, thanks for posting that image.

I'm not accepting exclusively vectors, high quality raster is a-ok with me as well, something above 400x400 is ideal.

---

Chris Creamer

Here's the nicknames for the West Coast Conference Schools

Gonzaga Bulldogs

Saint Mary's Gaels

San Francisco Dons

San Diego Toreros

Portland Pilots

Loyola Marymount Lions

Pepperdine Waves

Santa Clara Broncos

I know a lot of the logos are on brandsoftheworld.com, but I can supply the colors if you want for the WCC.

VmWIn6B.png

I've got school information for almost 4,000 colleges and universities (four-year, two-year, Canadian, some foreign), including all colors, nicknames, etc. And, over 2,000 confirmed Pantone colors as well.

I used to run a College Colors and Nicknames website back in the day...I've been collecting this stuff for almost 20 years.

Archived