Scorpions Concept

GMS1122

Nice one!

I mean....Man, that is DAMN FINE! I wouldn't normally think having dark grey as the primary colour would be effective in a logo, but you've definitely made it work. I can't honestly thing of any changes that might make the design look any better.

Nice script underneath as well.

Damn.

That is sweet logo one might say.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

I like it--it looks uncartoony--if that is indeed a word--and clear--too many scorpion logos are fuzzy, buzzy or too cartoony.

-outside of the Stuttgart Scorpions (team web site)-

this is the best Scorpion logo I've ever seen--some of the others were good too, but this one kicks butt...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Scorpion looks good, but the wordmark doesn't fit the package.

The stingerball as an alternate doesn't quite work either... it's recognizable enough as a ball, but not enough as a stinger.

On another note... UniformJipetto was talking to me about a Death Valley Scorpions concept with what I recall was a very similar colour scheme (everything except red instead of orange, as I recall). Coincidence? Or does the winter weather have us all thinking about warmer climates?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The stingerball as an alternate doesn't quite work either... it's recognizable enough as a ball, but not enough as a stinger.

On another note... UniformJipetto was talking to me about a Death Valley Scorpions concept with what I recall was a very similar colour scheme (everything except red instead of orange, as I recall). Coincidence? Or does the winter weather have us all thinking about warmer climates?

thanks for the replies everyone!

Sy, just to clear some things up, what do see not fitting with the wordmark?

I tried to connect the logo and wordmark, and just decided it looked best separated, is this what you are referring to?

Also, this was a request made by UJ to AAO, i was talking to AAO about a scorpions concept and he brought it up to me. The colors were pewter red balck and orange i believe, i just elimiated the red since i had a lack of places to put it.

Thanks a lot to everyone so far, keep 'em coming!

i agree with these comments syphi made. its not about the wordmark being separated, but more about the style of the letters. they are a very classical style with the thick/thin strokes and the traditional serifs, whereas the logo is pretty modern. honestly, i think the wordmark has to be a sans serif font, more like the one used for death valley. i love the underline coming from the S though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That's a pretty good logo man.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I think the black outlines are too thick on the primary and alt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

the claws need to be thinned... or something, cause they remind me more of a lobster  B)

They look fine to me. He probably modeled it after an Emperor Scorpion:

scorpion.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived