Bobcats Logo

Nick 1733

I'm not digging the Magenta, and I am someone who likes uniqueness.

It's a little too 80s, too Miami Vice.

I know it may be a little too "Charlotte" bu I can't picture the bocbcat without Orange.

Maybe a differnet shade of it, closer to brown, like the Vols?

I'd keep the light blue accent.

Darker Navy (Chicago Bears), Orange, light Blue. I used that combo before, and it worked well.

Otherwise, it's a good illustration: i like the lines, and where you put the "shade" gives it a nice relief. I would also hope that we would find those 3-stripes on the cheeks somewhere on the uniform, may between the sleeves and shoulders, like the Patriots (you did say it was football, right?)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Nice start. His eye looks closed.

Nice Work! I agree about the eye. My suggestion would be to either color that path white and hit it with a pupil or highlight of some sort. Also, and perhaps it is just the way it strikes me personally, but this looks more like an awesome sabretooth cat than a bobcat. I always thought Bobbies had distintive jowl hair tufts and trademark pointy ears with tufts at the top as well (or is that a lynx, I know they look very similar in face shape and layout). But, again, thats just what I am seeing. Great look, regardless. I like the magenta, too, for the same reasons someone else posted above, it is unique and VERY few teams sport it, if any. That's what will make it stand out if the logo falters.

~UJ

I must say I like use of magenta in the logo, it's unique and so basic, not a pantone color, but the other colors just don't fit. Look at T-mobile logo and corporate designs, they use magenta suplemented with few cool gray colors, so try that color combo and it might look better, less 80s.

the huge teeth are sabretooth-ish, not bobcat-ish. the need to be scaled down for it to look like a bobcat. the eye does look a little closed, i agree that a pupil or something would bring it out a little more. the whiskers look like warrior face paint the way they end in a straight line.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The widths of the strokes are not consistent. It seems like they arbitrarily get thinner, in places that don't seem to follow the flow of the outlines, like around the ear, under the ear, and the throat area. The nose looks weird with the flat top that doesn't seem to line up with the bridge of the nose, and the bottom point sticks out in the outline.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Lose the pink and powder blue!

It's looking quite well as a design go, but the colour scheme doesn't do the image justice. It's just very bright and well....pink.

Maybe go with a rusty yellow or orange instead. It's an animal, so you may be best picking earth tones as opposed to neon for colour.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

I don't want to get into anything here, but do you realize you are telling someone how the logo for THEIR team should look? He asked you to design it, if he wants something simple like a color change, what's the harm?

I personally don't like the color one bit. Its distracting from the logo. I had to look hard to realize that the logo was really quite good. The first time I saw it all I saw was the magenta and didn't want to look at it anymore.

If you want a unique color in the same shade as magenta, try something that's not so saturated. Perhaps 219, 220, or 221.

I don't want to get into anything here, but do you realize you are telling someone how the logo for THEIR team should look? He asked you to design it, if he wants something simple like a color change, what's the harm?

I personally don't like the color one bit. Its distracting from the logo. I had to look hard to realize that the logo was really quite good. The first time I saw it all I saw was the magenta and didn't want to look at it anymore.

If you want a unique color in the same shade as magenta, try something that's not so saturated. Perhaps 219, 220, or 221.

well you have a very good point. if he wants me to change it, of course I will.

thanks once again for getting my back pcgd, now, nick, if you could pleaseeee change the colour to what i sent you in the pm, like i said i love the logo its just the magenta.

Well I will, as soon as I'm done fixing up problems JP pointed out.

How would you feel about Orange, Midnight Blue & Columbia Blue?

Archived