Team-sport athlete in triple digits!

totc

I was taking a peek at a soccer match last weekend and saw that Adolfo Herrera of Guadalajara's team in the Mexican League is wearing No. 100.

The only times I have seen digits like these are:

FOOTBALL:

Ohio State University practice football jerseys can go as high as 125 (I have a No. 109)

BASEBALL:

Japan League numbers routinely go over 99 because the franchises keep their AAA and Major players together in one group; kind of like varsity and JV high school sports

MOTORSPORTS:

NASCAR once had a No. 300 in the old days -- wouldn't you know it was a Dodge 300-E?

Also, Darrell Waltrip ran in a Winston West race in No. 117 the first year NASCAR ran at Phoenix.

And NASCAR allows uses of numbers 1-99, plus 0, 00, and 01-09 (which, in essence, is 101 to 109)

Any other three-digit masterpieces out there?

Give the Yankees some time...with they way they retire numbers, it's only a matter of time before we see someone wearing the pinstripes with triple digits on his back...:lol:

At this rate, the lowest number they're going to have is going to be 11....seeing you have to figure #2's gonna get retired for Jeter and #6 for Torre....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I think it was to celebrate Adolfo's 100th start with Chivas. The Mexican League is a little different in terms of numbers. Chivas allows some players to have their nickname, "Bofo", or first name, Osvaldo, on thier uniforms. And until this season when Reebok started making their uni's, Osvaldo had his own keeper set, not made by the same company as the team.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

What woud really be funny is when basketball teams wear 3-digit numbers. That would mean finding refs with three hands :blink::D

They did away with the whole "no number higher than 55" rule a long time ago. They sometimes have to use two hands twice for some players (Shawn Bradley when he was 76, for example)

What woud really be funny is when basketball teams wear 3-digit numbers. That would mean finding refs with three hands  :blink::D

They did away with the whole "no number higher than 55" rule a long time ago. They sometimes have to use two hands twice for some players (Shawn Bradley when he was 76, for example)

Well, actually, just in the NBA, college I'm not sure about. I do know in AAU, high school (here, at least), and in my church league, no number higher than 5 is allowed.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

What woud really be funny is when basketball teams wear 3-digit numbers. That would mean finding refs with three hands  :blink::D

Right. And a few players now have digits that add up to more than 10, such as Andrei Kirilenko (47).

Well, actually, just in the NBA, college I'm not sure about. I do know in AAU, high school (here, at least), and in my church league, no number higher than 5 is allowed.

college is still using the old "no digit higher than 5" rule. to tell the truth, I'm not sure teh NBA ever had a rule on numbers. exhibit A: the legendary George Mikan's #99 jersey.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

That's right, and only recently the NCAA started allowing players to wear the numbers 1 and 2 after years of prohibiting it - they may have made that allowance last season.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

If I'm not mistaken, NHL 2005 lists Hakan Ahlund as being #119, though I'm not sure which team.

Definitely not an NHL one...

*checks NHL 2004/2005*

Yup, he's in 2004 in the Placeholder category (he last played for Malmo Redhawks of the Swedish Elitserien), AND wears #119...but he's not in 2005.

Other than that, I have no other info to go on...

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Archived