Once again

Stampman

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next--Calvin & Hobbes--another of my all time favorite comic strips!

Here's some links to check it out if you miss it or are unaware of it-

picture gallery

a sample strip

Some good info

And of course, Calvinball!

For the primary unis I used Calvin as the model--red & black shirt and black pants.

It still needed something else so I added orange for Hobbes.

Hobbes is the model for the alts-orange & black-

Home, road, home alt, road alt-

bb18ffc2.png

Comments welcome...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Back again...

And back to superheroes-

This time the Flash, and with reference to the 3 main figures in Flash history-

Flash I (or golden age Flash)-Jay Garrick

Flash II (or silver age Flash)-Barry Allen

Flash III (formerly Kid Flash)-Wally West

The site linked for the first 2 is a comprehensive source for Flash info...(and I see there has been a lot going on since I last read a Flash comic).

The Golden Age Flash's origin involves football--so another reason to include a FLash team.

For the helmet logo I used the wings on the side of Flash's head, instead of the lightning bolt--if these were real I would have used bolts on the pants.

The home is based on the Barry Allen look, the Road on Kid Flash, the home alt is based on the Jay Garrick look, and the road alt on Professor Zoom-The reverse Flash

Home. road, home alt, road alt-

f9262b69.png

Comments welcome---

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Next up--not a superhero, but a soft drink.

Yes a soft drink.

In previous threads I have extolled the virtues of Hires Root Beer--so a rootbeer team was a natural-

I went with the Hires label colours for the unis--the road one have the white jersey represent the foam.

The home alt is just a uni-colour experiment, but the home primary is the one I like the best--it looks root beer.

The helmet logo is the foamy mug from the label...

This is not a colour scheme I'd use in a regular league--but I think it fits in this case-

Here they are-comments welcome-

Home, road, home alt, road alt-

51fc0d97.png

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

While the boards were down I accidently erased these teams from my game--I still had the logos--but I've now redone them--I may post the changed ones by editting the posts they appear in (not all of them changed though.)

And of course I'm carrying on.

The ersure happened when I came up with a new team and eliminated one I'd done but hadn't posted...

The next team may be up tonight or tomorrow...

Next up George of the Jungle--based on the cartoon (although I did like the first movie as well) George was the star if his own series by Jay Ward--creator of Rocky & Bullwinkle. His show also featured Super Chicken and Tom Slick--cool stuff...

Episode list here

Some pictures and the classic theme song

More info

I based the unis on a the logo I used (George swinging--in the game it looks like he's swinging off the helmet.

I used Orange for his loincloth and green for the vine, with which he failed to watch out for that-ooh--tree...

Both the primaries & alts were done with this colour scheme, as that's how I wanted to do them-

Home, Road, home alt, road alt

92443505.png

Comments welcome...

(And advice on how to get the jungle drums out of my head)

any chance of the Wiggles? i just reckon they'd look cool in gridiron strips

Actually they would look similar to my Star Trek Concept--just switch the road alt Captain's green jersey/tunic to purple...

(At least that's what I thought of when I saw them on TV!)

any chance of the Wiggles? i just reckon they'd look cool in gridiron strips

Actually they would look similar to my Star Trek Concept--just switch the road alt Captain's green jersey/tunic to purple...

(At least that's what I thought of when I saw them on TV!)

yeah the Star Trek ones gave me that idea

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I fear that I can say nothing more but a very fanboy-ish "Oh my God, yay, squee."

It's kinda sad that I'm reduced to that, really. I particularly enjoyed the Opus and Star Trek sets.

well thanks, I'll take that as a compliment!

Stick around there are more to come...

omg, how old are they? i remember when i was like 5... they used to be cool, but i don't think they looked that different

The Star Trek cast or the Wiggles?

:D

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Time for the next team--this one is The Veggie Tales team.

Yes computer generated veggies & fruit who tell Bible stories, other tales, and sing silly songs!

Well why not?

This is their main official site

Games with the characters

Another Veggie site

I based the uni colours on the 2 main characters-Bob the Tomato (red) and Larry the Cucumber (green)

When I started doing the unis I ended up basing the home on an old Monteal Alouette uni when they switched colours to red & green--and I reversed stuff for the road uni-the home alt is ased on switching green for red-so to give Bob some attention too. The odd coloured road alt is based on the costume of Larry Boy--the best plunger headed superhero ever!

Home, road, home alt, road alt-(I just noticed that's an old shot of the home uni--there's a white stripe between the red ones on the sleeve now.)

63c4c055.png

Comments welcome!

Yes computer generated veggies & fruit who tell Bible stories, other tales, and sing silly songs!

You forgot magically clap, pick stuff up, and fight without hands.

yeah that always made me think how they did that, boy they must be great magicians

You forgot magically clap, pick stuff up, and fight without hands.

yeah that always made me think how they did that, boy they must be great magicians

In Josh and the Big Wall, there's a scene where you hear clapping, and I believe it's Tom Grape who asks Pa Grape, "How are we clapping?" to which he replies along the idea of, "I have no idea"

Archived