For those who want an alternative to the NHL!

Gary

LilgsAFLLogo.png

Going strong in Week 4

Alot of people may not like it, but it's a 50 yard field, high scoring action and a great alternate with the NHL out.

For those not familiar with the rules here is the AFL 101

Also catch the AFL on NBC Sunday Afternoons

Replace that 'F' with an 'H' and I'm there! Hell, I already am. I'm not that starved for football, anyway. The CFL's coming around again in about 4 months. I can wait. ;)

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Replace that 'F' with an 'H' and I'm there! Hell, I already am. I'm not that starved for football, anyway. The CFL's coming around again in about 4 months. I can wait. ;)

I understand that, i'm just giving people an alternative

That is a good alternative. Since the start of the AFL season I've been hooked on this because the game is really fast! Plus I'm not doing anything on my Sundays, so there's at least something to watch on TV!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I've been an Arenaball fan since the early days. It's a pretty good game to watch on TV and a hell of a lot more fun to watch in person. I went to just about every St. Louis Stampede game during the 2 years we had an Arena League team and I'm sure I'll be a season ticket holder again if we ever get another franchise.

Once you get past the fact that this is not NFL football in style or quality, you'll learn the game's nuances and appreciate the players for who they are and what they do.

I've been an Arenaball fan since the early days. It's a pretty good game to watch on TV and a hell of a lot more fun to watch in person. I went to just about every St. Louis Stampede game during the 2 years we had an Arena League team and I'm sure I'll be a season ticket holder again if we ever get another franchise.

Once you get past the fact that this is not NFL football in style or quality, you'll learn the game's nuances and appreciate the players for who they are and what they do.

I agree with yh, i've been watching Arena Football since 1989 when the Detroit Drive(Greatest team in history) won the Arena Bowl, there was something about it that mesmorised me to the sport. I haven't been away since. I am an Arizona Rattlers supporter. I also use my press pass to get into most of the game. I've been to 4 Arena Bowls and every one of them is an experience. Also we should have some of the Arena Football Logo's in the Chris Creamer site. Yale, I believe the St. Louis Stampede logo is one of the best early logos in the AFL.

StLouisStampede.GIF

-Saw the AHL Baby Leafs when they came to Toronto back in December. IT WAS ALWAYS LOUD!! Man, even though there were a few empty seats, the crowd broke 110 dB. And believe me, it was nice to see more blue-and-white jerseys than business suits in the Hangar. AND DOUG GILMOUR WAS THERE!

-Will try and go see the Toronto Rock. $24 tix...I'm there.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

I've been to a Philadelphia Soul game, and it can get real loud. Trust me.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

i'm not shocked that the Fury folded...after all, they weren't the Drive and never came close to holding the worst Drive team's jocks...wait, there as many great Fury teams as there were crappy Drive teams-none. didn't help the Fury any that they were a joke and the Drive were a f'ing dynasty. If they'd been the ressurected Drive, they would still be around.

I been watching Arenaball for over a decade, and the only problem I got is the teams i start following end up moving or folding all the time (Barnstormers, Mustangs, Thunderbears, OK Wranglers, original Kats). Here's to hoping the Rush and new Kats stick around for a while.

oh yeah, stemming from the days of the Mustangs, (bleep) the Rampage and (bleep) Clint Dolezel :cursing:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I like the AFL...it's some good stuff and at least it makes the weekends when the local UHL team is on the road go by a tad faster :lol:

I went quite a bit when the Coyotes and Sea Wolves called the HCC home...

I'd go to a game, but the closest team is out on the Island (the Dragons) and I don't really like making the trip there.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived