retro soccer jerseys

Saintsfan

I thought some people might be interested in this site. TOFFS are kind of the equivalent of Mitchell and Ness to soccer. Loads of old style jerseys, usually very accurate are for sale here, and its well illustrated with photos. There are some of the old NASL teams on here as well

http://www.toffs.com/products/index.htm

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

i've strongly considered buying a 70's blackburn rovers shirt on there. it's a great site. i just wish they'd sell other vintage/retro things...

i want a rovers scarf that isn't the new "grafiti" style... i want an old school traditional rovers scarf, like the one on jack walker's statue.

I love those.. just wish they were less than $100 american.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

shipping, and i added a number on the back... and i rounded up from the 90's

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I just wish the dollar wasn't so weak against the pound right now. I looked at the site and made some choices of what I would like to get sometime, but the price has effectively gone up about $15 a shirt with the exchange rate in the meantime. :cursing:

I am still rather fond of that black and gold striped Wolverhampton Wanderers shirt despite all that...

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

are they the real thing or just shirts?

thanks

the real thing, i'd gather. across teh pond they don't call em jerseys, they call em shirts.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

are they the real thing or just shirts?

thanks

the real thing, i'd gather. across teh pond they don't call em jerseys, they call em shirts.

Yeah, that must be confusing for americans! They are genuine in so much as they replicate the styles of the day. (Although some older shirts are rendered innacurate by havingf a badge on them, the 1940s style Southampton shirt for instance shouldn't technically have a badge on it.) But that is just done to differentiate between similar styles of shirt. The older shirts are made of heavy cotton. (I myself have a 1940s style England and 1940s style Saints) That was the style of the day and just make you realise how tough it would have been to play in the rain on a cold wet day.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

i've strongly considered buying a 70's blackburn rovers shirt on there. it's a great site. i just wish they'd sell other vintage/retro things...

i want a rovers scarf that isn't the new "grafiti" style... i want an old school traditional rovers scarf, like the one on jack walker's statue.

How about one of these

http://www.toffs.com/Products/Miscellaneou...arves/index.htm

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• 2 years later...

Who needs new threads eh?

Finally invested in a TOFFS shirt recently and it arrived today from the UK. (Apparently this one was sold at retail outlets in Australia for a few years but stocks are exhausted)

Phone camera has washed out the colours a bit but you get the idea:

Image127.jpg

Image128.jpg

Stunningly accurate reproduction, missing only the Umbro badge of the original and that's no bad thing ^_^

liverpool-1.png

TOFFS is first quality. I have a '78 Chicago Sting jersey from them, and it's a thing of absolute beauty. It's made of a heavyweight cotton, except for the chest striping, which is polyester. The badge is 100% accurate embroidery on felt. It was shipped from England to my door in about a week, and I also had the advantage of buying it at a time when the British pound was at about $1.50.

One bit of advice: If you really want to get your shirt numbered, you may want to shy away from having them do it. They only offer one numbering style, and it's more likely than not it won't be accurate to the team you're ordering.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

TOFFS is first quality. I have a '78 Chicago Sting jersey from them, and it's a thing of absolute beauty. It's made of a heavyweight cotton, except for the chest striping, which is polyester. The badge is 100% accurate embroidery on felt. It was shipped from England to my door in about a week, and I also had the advantage of buying it at a time when the British pound was at about $1.50.

One bit of advice: If you really want to get your shirt numbered, you may want to shy away from having them do it. They only offer one numbering style, and it's more likely than not it won't be accurate to the team you're ordering.

I echo these sentiments. This company is first rate, ships promptly and the kits are quality....

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

Archived