Indiana Pacers concept

Starchild

Haven't done a new concept in quite some time since my Phoenix Suns concept. Anyway, after a good amount of time off and some quality hours spent, here's what I've come up with for the team I hate the most.

PacersFinalConcept_Small.gif

PRIMARY LOGO

-This is the primary most voted for when I put out my original ideas. Just an update of the current primary, a little more aggressive, little bit more depth with the addition of gold.

SECONDARY LOGO

-Spent a long time on this one... pretty happy with it, not 100% satisfied though. Says "Indianapolis Pacers", basketball in the center with 2 finish-line flags crossing over the ball. Reasoning, pretty self explanatory.

WORDMARK

-Totally new. More fast moving/aggressive font, rounded and pointed edges to make it crisp in its movement (as opposed to blurred).

JERSEYS

-Took a long time to sort each one out. As some may know, when coming up with designs, I sometimes like to try and mix the team's different jeresy styles from over the years and see what comes out. In this case, I took their current jersey style with pinstripes and combined it with the mid-90s style. At the same time, I gave it a modern twist (or at least attempted to) by changing the sides a little bit (similar to the mid-90s but modernized/updated). I also made the pinstripes a little more subtle, - basically making them sometime you notice on the jerseys after you've seen everything else (ie - "nice jersey... oh look, it's got pinstripes too").

Personally, I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome. I like the home a little more than the road, but it's rare nowadays I like a road and home uniform equally.

Any comments, criticism, etc. welcome (and wanted) as always.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I like the primary and the wordmark. The secondary is too busy, the flags just look superimposed over a basketball. It reminds me a lot of joshming's Indianapolis Racers logo.

I like the striping pattern in the jersey and shorts, but not on the same side. In a profile view it's going to look like a Christmas Tree. What if you continued the angled line across the front of the shorts and extended to the opposite side? Maybe then you could repeat that angled line further down the original side of the shorts, but have the pinstripes under it.

It's hard to explain without comping one up myself, but I think this is a look that would work asymmetrically.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I like the primary and the wordmark. The secondary is too busy, the flags just look superimposed over a basketball. It reminds me a lot of joshming's Indianapolis Racers logo.

I like the striping pattern in the jersey and shorts, but not on the same side. In a profile view it's going to look like a Christmas Tree. What if you continued the angled line across the front of the shorts and extended to the opposite side? Maybe then you could repeat that angled line further down the original side of the shorts, but have the pinstripes under it.

It's hard to explain without comping one up myself, but I think this is a look that would work asymmetrically.

well the pacers used a similar striping pattern that I once heard were designed by flojo, I think what he was trying to do was combine that with the pinstripes but give a updated look, I think its sweet.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

A bit of FloJo there, I notice. Good job.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Starchild-

Bigtime Knicks fan, eh? Same here. Reggie Miller was by far my most hated person growing up as a NY fan (well, besides Anthony Mason, who inbounded the ball to Reggie after he pushed Greg Anthony to the floor in the infamous "8 points in 18 seconds" comeback in the 1995 playoffs at the garden). I used to draw NBA logos when I was younger, and always refused to draw the Pacers. It made me feel like I was betraying John Starks, Ewing, Harper, Oakley, Charles Smith, and the rest of the bunch.

Talking about this just makes me long for the 90s in the NBA again, with the Knicks/Pacers, Knicks/Bulls, adn Knicks/Heat rivalries. ONce someone comes in and trades away the entire team, its just not the same, esp. when they bring in people like Nazr Mohammed or Jamison Brewer. Oh well.

Great concept by the way. I love how the unis refelct the 1990esque indiana unis. Alternate logo has a classic feel to it. Keep it up, bro

www.skyedesignstudios.com

my only real critique would be about the names on the back...

on the whites, you went with a 1 color navy blue on white... it looks great. you can read it with no problem...... but on the roads, you went 3 color, white, navy, yellow, on navy blue.... if i didn't know that it said artest, from the 91, i wouldn't have any clue what it said. if you made it 1 color white, it would contrast enough and look really nice.

if the blue name showed up that well on white, the white name should show up that well on blue.

other than that, it's cool... i'm not in love with it, but it's a solid concept, and would be an acceptable change in my eyes. good job. i normally really like your work.

In a profile view it's going to look like a Christmas Tree.

I agree. Other than that I think it is a very solid and well thought out (and executed) concept.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Starchild --

Great to see you back! I always loved your work, and this is no exception!

I love the modernization of the 'P' logo.

Pinstripes will never die with the Pacers, sorry people.

Not sold on the racing flags, though. Perhaps make them pacers colours, or even place them behind the logo, enough to be recognized. I don't know.

Side striping/collar/number fonts are all superb! Well done!

'Artest' is not legible enough, though. Overall, this is outstanding work. Sick job!

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Archived