Penguins concept

Puckguy14

Guys, when I hit post # 2000 I said I would add sigs, improve my site, introduce a poker style tournament and redesign all 30 NHL team uniforms.

Ok, so the sig were cool, the site is being worked on now, had the logo tourney up for awhile. And now #1 of 30 for the redesigns. FYI, I will keep the logos the same unless it's absolutely necessary to change. So for the first one, its the Pittsburgh Penguins. It is an update of their Cup style jerseys. There is more gold, and have a V version of the 1980's-1992 jersey style to fit in with the logos.

Penguins.gif

C&C Recommended!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

if you got that template texture from a video game addon template, then that's my shading from like NHL2003... me and a few other guys from my site made a template that looked like that.... but back on topic..

i like those... i don't like them more than the current uniforms though. the current ones are really clean my style.. that being said, the black sweater you made would be a nice alternate jersey to compliment their current set.

It is an addon from an NHL game, I forget where I got it, or when. I expanded it, and made it fit into Roger's template on there. I MIGHT do a psd of Roger's template in the near future with a texture ala Nick's football template. If RC's cool with it.

FYI: The inspiration of these jerseys I made are from these jerseys:

Penguins1.gif

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I like how you made the angle of the "V" on the sleeves match the angle of the triangle in the shoulder logo.

I don't like how they have two completely different non/complimentary logos on their uniforms, but since you aren't messing with the logos, I like what you've done.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was thinking why not use the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton version of that logo. It is more muscular and nicer looking, and add a wee bit of scarlet red to this as well. I'd also like to see a red third jersey of this design, and see that triangle pointed upward honoring Red Kelly's "Pyramid Power".

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

What's this about the Penguins moving to Calgary?

But seriously, Pucky, I think this is a nice melding of the present color scheme and a clasically-inspired jersey format.

Excellent work! The striping feels much more visually organic than their current version.

As a lifelong Pens fan and native Pittsburgher, I have to tell you this would be a change I would welcome. IMHO, ever since the introduction of the Pigeon logo, their brand has been much less distinctive.

Would love to see these with the real Pittsburgh gold :D

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

Outstanding! I've never ben a fan of their "gold" they introduced but I am the

way you have used it. Great job on using the other logo for the shoulders.

Could you do one for us with the yellow not gold too? please.

Archived