Real Salt Lake Uniforms

turtle33

Here's what they look like:

RealSaltLake_FC_2005.jpg

The Los Angeles Kings, and the Manchester Monarchs and Philadelphia Phantoms of the AHL all use this color and call it Purple.

EDIT: Modified the color sample to reflect Red as the primary color...

OK, what is the link between Spain and the team, because of both the pathetic 'Real' name, and the Spanish flag on the jersey.

and apparently both teams play soccer... who knew? :D

The jerseys are OK. Nothing to get excited about....

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm not a fan of Real Salt Lake's name. However, there kits are the best in MLS... hands down. I would have opted for the badge treatment that just featured the interlocking RSL over the one they chose to feature on the unis, but that's no big deal.

Clean... traditional... outstanding.

By the way, PANTONE... I've seen the uniforms in person and the "Cobalt" does not look "Purple" at all. Perhaps, MLS and Real Salt Lake just screwed up when releasing their Franchise Color specifics.

I'm not a fan of Real Salt Lake's name. However, there kits are the best in MLS... hands down. I would have opted for the badge treatment that just featured the interlocking RSL over the one they chose to feature on the unis, but that's no big deal.

Clean... traditional... outstanding.

By the way, PANTONE... I've seen the uniforms in person and the "Cobalt" does not look "Purple" at all. Perhaps, MLS and Real Salt Lake just screwed up when releasing their Franchise Color specifics.

It's also possible that the Pantone Textile that they chose might actually be closer to Blue than Purple.

The color in their logo is certainly Purple though.

At some point, maybe their warm-up tops, we will see something in blue. Maybe a 3rd jersey. I really thought they'd go with Blue Home jerseys. They are nice though.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The color in their logo is certainly Purple though.

I don't know, PANTONE. I'm looking at a ticket brochure that I had sent to me in the wake of asking for more info on RSL and the Cobalt in the logo doesn't look anything like the Purple used by either the LA Kings or Manchester Monarchs. It's clearly a shade of Blue.

I checked my files, and they agree with Pantone (like there was any doubt). The blue in the Real Salt Lake logo is the exact same one as the purple in the Manchester Monarchs logo. But for some reason, next to the red, it looks blue, but next to yellow and silver, it looks purple.

Funny how colors act that way.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

What I'll say is that the Pantones I have are from official files, but that being said, sometimes these things get changed last minute. But, it sounds like jpslapshot22 is backing me up on this one.

I'll give this one out - the color in question is 2755 C. It's somewhat in-between a Blue and a Purple, and the formula mix breaks down like this:

PANTONE Violet 70.60%

PANTONE Process Blue 23.50%

PANTONE Black 5.90%

I find that looking at a color from the formula mix is even more telling than the CMYK breakdown (C-100, M-97, Y-0, K-30).

jpslapshot22 might be right - the combination of the darker Red and Gold might make the color look more Blue.

Ahh, the wonders of Color Theory in action :)

yep, 2755 is the color in question.

Are there any other teams that use this but claim it to be blue, or name it something that sounds blue?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived