Canadian Soccer Association Concept

officeglenn

Saw a post about the contest the CSA was having a while back, and I've been picking away at this since. The lion is a trace of the one that sits atop the Canadian Coat of Arms. I didn't want to just use another maple leaf.

This is definitely not the final draft. My big question though is, does it look too much like England's crest? And if it does, what else could I put there? I need something that says 'Canada,' but the only other thing I can think of would be a silhouette of Bob and Doug Mackenzie cracking open a two-four and eating back bacon. :D:flagcanada:

Anyway, here it is:

csa.gif

Thanks. Any and all C&C appreciated.

EDIT: And yes, I know I suck at drawing soccer balls. :P

It does look a little like England's crest, but the bigger issue is that the lion looks like it is flipping someone off at first glance...

:D:lol::lol:

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

It does look a little like England's crest, but the bigger issue is that the lion looks like it is flipping someone off at first glance...

:D:lol::lol:

Nothing is more insulting than a lion flipping off a maple leaf, eh? :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Its kinda weird that the CSA would want to redesign the current logo, as it looks pretty good compared to most other national teams out there. Red, white, and black seem just right for the colour scheme, and it's a pretty solid logo as-is.

If I had any talent, I probably would come up with one or two designs, but I don't think they would top what we have now.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

Its kinda weird that the CSA would want to redesign the current logo, as it looks pretty good compared to most other national teams out there. Red, white, and black seem just right for the colour scheme, and it's a pretty solid logo as-is.

If I had any talent, I probably would come up with one or two designs, but I don't think they would top what we have now.

Well when I compare the CSA logo to say Hockey Canada or Rugby Canada, I would consider the soccer logo is a little subpar. I would like to see a somewhat "modernised" version like a better looking maple leaf and better font for 'CANADA.' I've tried to draw some other concepts up, but I still end up think a modernised version of current logo is the best option.

I saw, I came, I left.

MR. MINGS:

I regret not acknowledging your template...a defite faux pas on my part. I am an avid observer and less-than casual contributor on this site. That is not an excuse at al; however, I apologize for my oversight. Credits are on the way...

MR. MINGS:

I regret not acknowledging your template...a defite faux pas on my part. I am an avid observer and less-than casual contributor on this site. That is not an excuse at al; however, I apologize for my oversight. Credits are on the way...

how did you get that from my post lol

thats the first time ive seen anyone use it, thats why i said it.

no credits are necessary its only a template.

I like the idea of the lion, but it appears too British. I would just have the maple leaf in the shield.

no disrespect to french-canadians, but the english won the french and indian war, and canada is a member of the british commonwealth of nations, which menas our head of state is hrm elizabeth II. case in point- canada has very strong britsh ties and a very strong british tradition. also, french canada is more or less confined to one provence. the rest of canada is either of english decent and speaks english, or are of another european decent and speak english.

Archived