NBA Courts

Big Africa

I think the courts that Minnesota, Orlando and Boston have are cool. They use the square wooden floorboards, I think they are are the only teams that use this style of floorboard. My favourite court in the NBA has to be the Pistons, the colours are cool and I like the logo in the center. The worst courts for me are Miami (dont like the yellow) and Phoenix (it looks to plain IMO).

I am actually glad that only a few teams use parque floors (i.e Minnesota, Orlando, Boston), and yet, it's such a classic touch I don't ever want to see it go away. So I agree, those are cool... but not my favorites... My favorite this year probably has to be Phoenix... Why? Well because it is in stark contrast IMO to their style of play. I'm the type of person who gets caught up in details, such as jerseys, court design, arena design and such, and with the simplicity of their court, I'm more apt to watching the high flying high scoring "performance" instead of critiquing the visuals. I like the Detroits court as well more or less because that center logo seems to 'pop' off the court, despite it reminding me of spider-man in a way... The ONLY thing I like about Miami's court is the logo at center court... it's large, but not obnoxious, like the Knicks is... I used to like Portlands court but I think they added color in the key and it bothered me for some reason... I can say the worst court in the league is Washington's...

Oh yeah, I do like the Lakers court (only because I'm a die-hard... I know they reek right about now) but I wish they'd try something a little different...

My $0.02

Call me a homer, but I liked the Hawks court when I watched them play the Celts. They kept the colors simple (red, black) and used them nicely. Too bad the team stinks, they have the jerseys and stadium to generate a ton of revenue.

I also like Phoenix and Memphis' courts

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Being a lover of classic NBA (and a Boston native), I absolutely love the Celtics' home court. However, it does need to be updated/revised a *little* bit. I'd take the "FleetCenter" wordmark off each end of the court and I'd add something at the bottom of the key similar to what the Lakers use.

Being a lover of classic NBA (and a Boston native), I absolutely love the Celtics' home court. However, it does need to be updated/revised a *little* bit. I'd take the "FleetCenter" wordmark off each end of the court and I'd add something at the bottom of the key similar to what the Lakers use.

Well the "Fleet Center" will be gone next season anyways with the renaming of the arena.

There are tow courts that I like: San Antonio and Indiana.

I saw, I came, I left.

I love Miami's court. I don't know why...call me crazy...but I just like the way they used the colors. And the logo is perfect size. A lot better than the old Miami Arena.

The Bucks' court is a good one - easy on the eyes.

Anyone remember the Nuggets' court when the top of both circles had the white/snow-capped look to them? Why can't they go back to that?

Orlando's court has had quite a few changes in paint design, but they always make it look good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Standard by all means, but solid nonetheless is the Cavaliers' court. They have an attractive color scheme and a good new logo. Now, if they could only do something about those light blue seats that are both a knife in the eye next to their current sceme and outdated from their last identity, it would be wonderful. Note to all planning commitees, team ownership, and architects/contractors: Always build your arenas with neutral-colored seats, like black or grey, in case something like this happens.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Note to all planning commitees, team ownership, and architects/contractors: Always build your arenas with neutral-colored seats, like black or grey, in case something like this happens.

Good call. The Kings and Jazz have this problem as well.

Khaki is a good color too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Minnesota (maybe I'm a little biased because I'm a fan and I've been within feet of it) - Tree's along the sidelines is a nice touch, logo is a good size (maybe a little small), the style of floor they use (as the OP mentioned), and the way the free throw area is painted to be grey/black like the wolves head.

Phoenix - Simplistic and the use of the alternate logo is a nice change from the huge streaking sun.

San Antonio - Once again simplistic with the paint area left mostly untouched and the use of the alternate logo on the sides of the paint is a good touch.

New Jersey - Solid blue with the diamond pattern on each side of the lane is a nice touch since its also found on the uniforms. I hated this court when the lane was red.

Chicago - The bull with the basketball behind it and the two bulls on each side of the lane is a classic to me and I think of MJ everytime I see it.

Portland - Before they painted the lane and enlarged the logo

Untitled-1.png

I know I'll get some :evil: for this but I gotta vote for the Charlotte Hornets court of old.

I love that court too. The hornets were my franchise team on nba live 98 just because of that court. I wish teams would go back to painting the area inside the three point arc.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Top 5:

1. Boston - Parquet & simplistic goodness.

2. Detroit - If they'd get rid of the silver in the center court logo, it'd be perfect.

3. Minnesota - Love the trees & parquet.

4. Indiana - Simple is good. :)

5. Dallas - Very nice overall.

Bottom 5:

26. Miami - I dislike the huge center court logo and the yellow paint. It just looks weird.

27. Philadelphia - Too little contrast, annoying sideline logos.

28. Denver - Not a fan of the entire paint + circle being the same color. Midnight blue sidelines would really help.

29. Seattle - It's pretty obvious they are using the same court since the Key was renovated even though they've had three major re-designs. Multiple colored wood looks just wrong and the center court logo is too huge.

30. Phoenix - Horrible. Way too plain and I really hate the multi-wood!

Archived