Supposed Official AIFL game ball

Geoff

DSC00697.JPG

I thought the ball in the Rahleigh Rebels logo was done to fit team colors but appearently not.

raleigh_rebels.gif

That might get annoying to watch.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I can hear Joe Newman now, " I want my freaking ball back!! NOW!!!!"

As for jpslapshot22's question, the NFL ball is made of full-grain leather. The Arena League's ball is proably leather as well. I would not be surprised however if composite balls make it to both leagues eventually.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

It looks like it says "Composite" on the bottom by the Rawlings logo. NFL and Arena footballs aren't composite, are they? If not, this might be just a "for fun" ball.

Supposedly this is a game ball and it IS composite leather. Hey, the UIF and NIFL use rubber.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I dont like this ball and I didnt like when the AFL switched balls. Im one who is with the regular normal colored footballs. When did Joe Newman switch to football?!! This league isnt going to last long. They already lost Carolina and is a 6 team league with 2 road teams.

Signature intentionally left blank

The Canton Legends team played Sunday. The ball they used was black/brown panels. I think it might even have been a Wilson as opposed to Rawlings. The football shown on this post is probably just to promote the league

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They used the non colored version on their game ball made by rawlings, because rawlings didnt have the colored versions shipped out by game time. These balls are awsome and this is the only group of people that has said anything negative about them. The other indoor leagues use horrible rubber balls, and the arena league(only really successfull league) uses a WHITE ball with a stripe.

This ball is their official game ball:

http://www.aiflonline.com/images/stories/aiflball

This is the black and brown version:

Rawlings 5 Panel

As for the team folding(renaming).. Every other indoor league also had the same hicup this year. AIFL solved it before a game was played. The others didnt.

The other indoor leagues use horrible rubber balls, and the arena league(only really successfull league) uses a WHITE ball with a stripe.

As for the team folding(renaming).. Every other indoor league also had the same hicup this year. AIFL solved it before a game was played. The others didnt.

The AFL ball is actually tan.

Also, how did the AFL NOT solve a problem like this prior to the season? There was never a schedule released saying that the Carolina Cobras, Detroit Fury, or Indiana Firebirds would play a down this year. I think you've got something backwards here.

It's where I sit.

Who says a football has to be brown? The NFL has experimented with several different colors (including an all-white ball with black stripes) during its history. The current Wilson model has only been used since the AFL-NFL merger, and they even tinkered with it during its first 7-8 years of use.

nav-logo.png

I for one.......don't like any ball that is anything BUT brown. Meaning I hate college and high school footballs stupid white stripes too.

But its a pretty small thing really.

It makes me wonder, why do you guys think there is the predominance of negatism toward not only the AIFL, but all new minor leagues here?

I'm not complaining. Most people here know I helped clean up the Rebels logo but that doesn't mean I'm saying "hey leave them alone".

DO you think its because these small leagues tend to not take logos/unis very seriously and that in particular offends this group?

Or is it because they tend to fail miserably and waste our time/interest?

Or because they tend to be gimmicky and in our case (IHA) even fraudulently so?

Is it XFL backlash?

I only ask because we are hard on these guys. Which can be ok. Vendors should be able to take criticism and still deliver a solid product. In some cases the underdog is worth rooting for and even a more popular alternative to the corporate big shots.........take the music industry for example.

So why do we bust the chops of the people trying to give us sporting entertainment for less than $175 a ticket?

Again, curious......not preachy.

PS - red/white/blue ball? Meh.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

i saw this ball in action last night. we had the debut of the Canton Legends. The ball looks funny in pictures but once they are playing you can hardly tell the color of the ball. there is some hard hitting action in this game. i didn't think i would like it but it was interesting.

-e

Archived