cards unis coming

vini

Some screen captures of the webcast, with the unis "in action":

cardsredfront.jpg

cardswhitefront.jpg

cardswhiteback.jpg

They're all right ... passable, I suppose. I dig the white one way more than the red. I don't like the mono-colour look with the red, but with the side panels running into the leg, I guess it's about the only way they could go.

EDIT: I had better luck with the live feed navigating to the site and clicking the link in Internet Explorer rather than Safari, FWIW.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if I missed a previous post/thread about the Cardinals' logo - the bird head itself - but they've obviously changed that to a more "fierce" (and IMHO more cartoonish) look.Β  At least it's just a tweak and not the complete disaster of a redesign that the Falcons undertook.Β  Β  From this classy bird...

wp5_thumb.gif

To this goofy thing that looks as if it's falling over forwards...

bird_thumb.gif

Of course, all this is coming from a Saints fan...Β  Β  ^_^

<_< Don't worry, the Saints' logo will change when they move to L.A...

From azcardinals.com

Cards Unveiled New UniformsΒ 

The Arizona Cardinals unveiled on Wednesday new uniforms that the team will wear beginning with the 2005 season. The unveiling took place at the James Hotel in Scottsdale with wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, quarterbacks Josh McCown and Kurt Warner, running back Marcel Shipp, defensive linemen Bertrand Berry and Darnell Dockett, linebacker Karlos Dansby, safety Adrian Wilson, and Big Red modeling the new uniforms.

The uniform change is the most significant in the long history of the Cardinals, who were founded in 1898 and represent the oldest professional football team still in existence. In fact, the "Cardinals" moniker came from the red jerseys they acquired in the early 1900s from the University of Chicago that team owner Chris O'Brien determined were not maroon, as suggested, but really "Cardinal red."

The uniform re-design is the latest in a series of off-the-field changes for the Cardinals, who this past January also unveiled a new team logo. The most significant change will come next year when the Cardinals move into their new state-of-the-art stadium in time for the 2006 season.

While the design and overall appearance of the uniforms is drastically different, the team?s main color scheme of red and white has not changed though the color black has been added as an accent.

Aside from the obvious difference in terms of look and design, the new uniforms also feature some of the industry?s latest in terms of performance-enhancing technology.

The yoke, sleeves, and side panels of the jersey are made of ?Knit Cordura,? a high-performance nylon-lycra combination that allows for optimal fit while maintaining maximum strength. The torso of the jersey is made from ?Diamond Back Mesh,? a special weave that allows the holes to open up wider and permit more ventilation than the standard mesh. Also, the numbers on the jersey will be made from a special lightweight, stretch-twill fabric that will allow the jersey to fit tighter and better.

Cardinals Cheerleaders also modeled 2005 Cardinals apparel made by Reebok, and were joined by Juan Castellanos of Peoria, Dustin Payne of Gilbert, and Dustin Holmes of Tucson. Castellanos, Payne, and Homes were winners of the azcardinals.com ?Your Chance To Suit Up Contest.?

New Cardinals jerseys are available now at the team?s official website www.azcardinals.com and at the Cardinals training facility in Tempe as well as the 12 Valley locations of Sports Authority, the official merchandise headquarters of the Arizona Cardinals. Sports Authority will have a three-day retail exclusivity window for the new product through this weekend.

If you missed the live video streaming, please check back shortly for pictures of the Cardinals new uniforms!

Some screen captures of the webcast, with the unis "in action":

cardsredfront.jpg

cardswhitefront.jpg

cardswhiteback.jpg

They're all right ... passable, I suppose. I dig the white one way more than the red. I don't like the mono-colour look with the red, but with the side panels running into the leg, I guess it's about the only way they could go.

Excellent job, Glenn.

But my god, that SEALS it.

They're wearing red Falcons jerseys, and white Bills jerseys!

HOW IS THIS REVOLUTIONARY?!?!?!

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Does anyone find the black piping on the sleeves incredible arbitrary?? I don't find that it adds anything at all to the look. Almost would look better without it.

I knew I'd seen that same "1" font...exactly the same as the Broncos' "1".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Β 

Now that I've seen the whole set...

DAMN THOSE KICK ASS!!! They look way better when they have pads on, than when they don't. I like them ALOT. Even though I still persist that they took the Falcons look on the red unis.

Β 

Β 

Does anyone find the black piping on the sleeves incredible arbitrary?? I don't find that it adds anything at all to the look. Almost would look better without it.

Definatly not the Broncos font, this is more blockier

Does anyone find the black piping on the sleeves incredible arbitrary??Β  I don't find that it adds anything at all to the look.Β  Almost would look better without it.

I'm glad it's not a stick 1, however ? you know, with no tail at the top, like the Philadelphia Soul or SF Collegiate, that look like lowercase Ls. I'm not a big fan of those. I will purposely avoid using a font if it has a stick 1.

Where's the yellow/gold?? Where's the black alternate??? Very similar to Atlanta, but still pretty cool. I dont like the name plate on the back of the whites, but it isn't too bad. I think it needed some yellow/gold to make it different from Atlanta, I think that would've done the trick for me.

Howard1.jpg

Where's the yellow/gold?? Where's the black alternate??? Very similar to Atlanta, but still pretty cool. I dont like the name plate on the back of the whites, but it isn't too bad. I think it needed some yellow/gold to make it different from Atlanta, I think that would've done the trick for me.

Here's the black alt. :rolleyes:

p1627563dt.jpg

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Here's the black alt. :rolleyes:

p1627563dt.jpg

zing

qvAvG.jpg

Does anyone find the black piping on the sleeves incredible arbitrary??Β  I don't find that it adds anything at all to the look.Β  Almost would look better without it.

The other numbers are blockier, sure, but the 1's are the same.

After seeing the screenshots, they look like an Arena team...of course, people said that about the Bengals, the Bills, and the Falcons, but nonetheless...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Β 

Why you would copy the ugliest jerseys in the NFL (Bills' and Bengals' whites) is beyond me. DO YOUR RESEARCH! It's called Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Community. The cheapest market research a team could ever do. It this stuff just too obvious for teams to even realize?

Archived