CFL Jerseys unveiling today!

gameface

almost all of them have a similar stripe going across.Β  To me, it takes away from the rest of the uniform, as if to demand everyone, "Hey!Β  Notice this stripe!!"
I think that is actually their intention, so people will automatically associate them as Reebok when they see the trademark piping patterns. It's the same as the ubiquitous Adidas three stripes on soccer shorts, etc. People are supposed to get that they are Reebok, even if they can't see their badges from a distance.

Well that's no excuse--the piping just looks bad.

And the Stamps road uni has to be the worst one of all-

Not jussst teh Bib--but the black numbers--the number font is better, and I'm glad I've only seen these with red or white pants--but the numbers should be red--and the 'Gades road unis should have black #'s...

I didn't have high hopes--but these are worse than I thought they'd be...

And then Edmonton barely changes except for green alt pants--they should use the yellow home and away--that yellow helmet will look bad with green unicolours and the the whites...

Oh well--

Go Stamps!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I learned the Eskimos will stick with the gold pants for home, and just wear the green pants for one or two games, God forbid. I would like to see them wear green pants with white jerseys, see what the fans say.

I think the Stamps' number style is different, more on the cutting edge. But I agree, the Stamps' numbers should be red, and the 'Gades should be black. It would be confusing for me to identify which is Calgary and which is Ottawa. But I see the red "bib", I'll know it's Calgary. (Kinda like the players just got out of a Ponderosa Steak House.)

No pun intended, Stampman. B)

LOVE the white BC helmets. No question this update is the best in the CFL.

It's nice to see the Falcons and Rams have finally joined a real football league. They're a welcome edition. Hopefully Vick can get used to the 3 down system.

LMAO :lol:

My 02 on the new uniforms... Every one of em look good except for the Stampede. They suck hard, I mean they had a classic look and Reebok fluffed up BIG time. But other than that, they all look lovely, except for the fact that the Rams are now apart of the CFL.

Β 

Β 

I've found the positive in this for me.

In the pdf file that's linked on the first page of this thread, the vector versions of the logos are hidden.

Find them and they're yours. As they are mine.

The rest of the pdf was a waste. Same designs recoloured, had it been posted here as CFL uniform re-do, most people here wouldn't have replied to the thread.

PS My team is BC Lions, and I hate the orange and the baby bib around the neck. Do you call them feeders? Either way, I don't like much about them.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Here's a couple of other things to hate about the CFL's new jerseys...

Reebok has apparently only made replica jerseys available for sale to fans.

What's more, everywhere I've checked into personalization of the replicas - the CFL merchandise site, individual team merchandise sites, third-party sites like River City Sports - lists the following disclaimer with regard to customization:

Replica customizing will be block number style, with 2 colors max.

So much for Reebok's introduction of team-unique numeric fonts to the jerseys of the CFL. Bottom line? If you're planning on getting your new CFL team jersey customized, you can forget about having your team's official new number style applied to said jersey.

:rolleyes:

I asked around on the ticats.ca website about the supposed generic "block style" numbers on the new replica uniforms, as the River City online store ad states. Someone from ticats.ca emailed me this pic of his replica that he just got after ordering the customization. The numbers look authentic to me. The guy that ordered the replica in the photo informs me that they are available at the Ticat Roarr Stores and Sports Obsession, and that they cost $149.99 C$ customized. It appears that one team is doing it right at least...

12984159_d953c3d5e0.jpg

I saw the Riders replica in person today--less horrid than I saw here--but still, If I was a Rider fan I don't if I'd buy one...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Guest robpas
I may be an ignorant American and it's off the point. Why do CFL only have 9 franchises? I was doing a little reading on cfl.ca and I was surprised to see only 9 teams in a league. What about Halifax, Quebuc City, or Regina?

There is a team in Regina...they're called the Saskatchewan Roughriders B) ...there was supposed to be a team in Halifax in the early 80's called the Atlantic Schooners, but it folded before it got off the ground.I think in a few years we'll see a team in the Maritimes, and maybe Quebec City..

I may be an ignorant American and it's off the point. Why do CFL only have 9 franchises? I was doing a little reading on cfl.ca and I was surprised to see only 9 teams in a league. What about Halifax, Quebuc City, or Regina?

You have to keep in mind that Canada has about 1/10th the U.S. population. There aren't enough cities with population bases (with football fans) large enough for more than 9. Other than the mid-90s U.S. expansion experiment, (and periods when Montreal and Ottawa franchises disappeared for a few years), 9 has been the number ever since the latest of the traditional franchises, BC Lions, was established in 1954.

There have been discussions over the years to establish new franchises in the maritimes (Halifax), or since there has been a boom in football interest in high schools and universities in the province of Quebec, in Quebec City. Regina is the home of the Saskatchewan Roughriders, btw. It's the smallest urban centre with a franchise (about 300,000 I think), but it draws its fans from the entire province - many driving 500 miles or more to attend games.

Regina is the home of the Saskatchewan Roughriders, btw. It's the smallest urban centre with a franchise (about 300,000 I think), but it draws its fans from the entire province - many driving 500 miles or more to attend games.

it's actually about 190,000

many driving 500 miles or more to attend games.

That figure must be inflated... it's exactly 500 miles from Toronto to Quebec City.

Sorry, I'm from the metric system's "transitional generation" and I sometimes mis-type my standards of measurement :wacko:. I meant 500 kms, not miles. However, I just read a post on a CFL fan website from a Rider fan who drives 700 kms to every game. That would be about 450 miles wouldn't it?

700km / 1.6 = 437.5mi

That's pure insanity. I like roadtrips and all, but that's seven to eight hours each way just for a football game. Unless you make a long weekend out of each one... yike!

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow--check this out--I'd have to say I disagree though-

Best CFL uni poll

As of Monday evening--the Stamps are leading? :huh:

Yikes ... I want some of whatever the people taking this pool were smoking ... :blink:

Archived