CFL Jerseys unveiling today!

gameface

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree re: Montreal's jerseys. Those are great, and moreover, they're now even more unique.

Of course, if JQK had his way, every team in every league would play in plain, trimless jerseys with single-colour numbers and no names... :P

(Y'know I kid, Kinger... but it's not that far from the truth. ;) )

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Wasn't it great (for us here, anyway) that the big jersey extravaganza got national coverage on SportsCentre? ^_^ And who was that cocky Argo with the million-dollar smile? He was on yesterday, let me tell ya!

I used to think Montreal had, BY FAR, the worst uniforms in the CFL, and it looks like I'm not the only one thinking that way. B)SLAM! Sports Poll

Unfortunately, it will be hard for me to keep dumping on those horrid uniforms, now that Reebok/CFL has ruined anything good the Renegades had going for them. I mean, what the fluff were they thinking?! I hate for this thread to sound like a broken record, but I'm outraged! It's bad enough the Gades have trouble establishing a decent identity as is (unlike every other CFL team), but now they're forced to wear this garbage?! Where is the pewter?! That's the only thing that could have possibly saved the Renegades from falling to the bottom of the abyss that is the pathetic CFL brand. Maybe they could have, at least, copied Edmonton's jerseys, and switch the colours, making room for something other than overrated black-and-red. But listen to what I'm saying! "at least copy" another team's jersey?! This is unacceptable, CFL! Shame on you, Reebok! Maybe I'll pull a SyPhi and mouth off to whoever had even the most minimal say in this travesty of a debacle! Yeah, maybe getting pissed on or told off by a holier-than-thou corporate scumbag will help ease my frustrated nerves.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

I like the Argos one alot. I definitely want a replica blue one when they hit the shelves.

They overall seem better in the photos than on paper.

I like:

Argos (It looks very nice! I'm loving the return of Navy pants)

Renegades (The number font is unique... I kinda like it!)

Calgary (This is similar to the new Cards one, but it actually looks nice)

I don't like:

Lions (Just replace the black with red and you got the new-age creamsicle bucs)

Ti-Cats (Went overboard with the side paneling and the striping and everything)

Blue Bombers (You know... the Rams had block numbers the first year in their current jerseys too... too many similarities)

Praise goes for keeping the old Esks and Als look in tact. Not sure about the mono-colour Esks home unis though.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

My Bombers have also changed the W on their helmet from white to blue. That's a good change. The Bomber's jerseys aren't bad on their own, but when you realize that the Roughriders are basically wearing the same thing, its downright heartbreaking.

The Lions should have kept the silver.

The Argos should have kept the little Argonaut.

Calgary should burn everything reebok has handed to them.

Hamilton's are alright, but the body stripe is too big, and the Renegades have become even more forgettable.

I hate the Esks and Als, but good job resisting some plopty changes.

"I will never forgive Maverick for killing Goose"

There's too much fan ignorance and apathy to realize that this is putting a serious dent in the CFL's credibility and displays a disturbing ability to collect short term gains (money from Reebok) in exchange for long term pains (impaired ability to maintain and continue to develop brand identities).

A significant fan backlash would be required to encourage change, and unfortunately CFL fans aren't stepping up. However that will not stop me from hanging on to my position.

SyPhi, though we are mortal enemies based on our choice of football teams (but is it really a choice? You're in MB, I'm in SK....), I couldn't agree with you more. Keep up the hard work and soon, we'll all get individually unique uniforms.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I hate the Renegades and the Stamps other then that there ok. don't you think the Argos look like the titians know? Lions the bengals? i even think that the riders home looks somewhat like the dolphins from far away.

untitled-6.jpg

There's too much fan ignorance and apathy to realize that this is putting a serious dent in the CFL's credibility and displays a disturbing ability to collect short term gains (money from Reebok) in exchange for long term pains (impaired ability to maintain and continue to develop brand identities).

A significant fan backlash would be required to encourage change, and unfortunately CFL fans aren't stepping up. However that will not stop me from hanging on to my position.

I don't think the situation is necessarily that grim. I'll admit I'm not blown away by the new products, but I don't think this will create too much of a backlash from the fans either. The jeresys are mediocre in my opinion, but I wouldn't say terrible. In any case, I've found CFL fans to be far less interested in the particulars of team logos, shirts, and other merchandise than our American football counterparts. Not saying CFL fans are apathetic, it's just that I always find we are more flexible to change on issues off the field.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

The more I look at those pictures, the more I like the fact that BC changed to white helmets. Can't say why, but i just like 'em.

They just need to add black and orange stripes now.

1115155099_t.jpg

white helmet is official for BC

I can't say that I agree with the CFL trend, reinforced with many of the new uniforms, of placing the small numbers on the shoulders instead of the arms. I always thought the entire point of the smaller numbers was to be able to identify players while they're in profile. Like the Lions uniforms.

Here's a bigger picture of the new Leos uniforms...

New_Lions_Jerseys.jpg

I like them, but that black stripe has gotta go. Other than that, nice work. ^_^

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

why?

The CFL looked to be moving up in the ratings and gaining momentum with the fans. After so many lean years they finally figured out that in order to be successfull they need to promote rivalries and market the games' unique Canadian heritage. It worked because just about everyone in vancouver or toronto or wherever knows someone from saskatchewan calgary or edmonton. The individuality of the old uniforms reinforced these identities. Canadians generally knew what they looked like.

Sure, a few teams could have used a change. I was never wild about the bombers or renegades old duds and I was actually looking forward to seeing vancouver go back to orange. The Lions looked awesome in those throwbacks. They had an identity. They didnt look like ottawa or calgary on a third jersey night.

I can understand the Leagues need to shake things up once in awhile but what is the point of redesigning the entire league with such a generic look?

argos look ok but I prefer their old look. The old uni was one of my favourite CFL jerseys.

blue bombers look better off, dont know how their fans feel about the generic look though

eskimoes look slightly worse. I don't how you can mix such old school lines with those flaming parabolas.

like the colour orange on the lions a lot, but these bibs pale next to the orange throwbacks. That parabolic line in the middle of the jersey looks ridculous. GET RID OF IT!

renegades look pretty generic, like half the league now

dont mind the riders too much but the old ones were still better.

the stamps look horrid. why would they change such a classic jersey? WHY WHY WHY!!!!! The white jersey is especially offensive with that big red bib. Can't imagine John Forzani digging these or wanting to model one at an alumni meeting.

theres no way the ti cats look better, other than with the new logo

DEATH TO REEBOK

Here's a bigger picture of the new Leos uniforms...

New_Lions_Jerseys.jpg

I like them, but that black stripe has gotta go. Other than that, nice work. ^_^

Or at least add piping to the sides that meet up with the black collar striping

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I like the Lions' new look. I'm sure I'll be watching them sporting their new uniforms a few times this summer. However, they should have updated the logo, as well...

No way, the logo is classic.

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

LOVE the white BC helmets. No question this update is the best in the CFL.

It's nice to see the Falcons and Rams have finally joined a real football league. They're a welcome edition. Hopefully Vick can get used to the 3 down system.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived