Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben KNights Logo Unveiled

RedEye

I like the incorporation of the Flames' logo, and the logo as a whole. My only problem is that the whole thing looks a little off-kilter to the left ? with the sword 'T' forcing the "Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben" over that way, and the flames on that side. If the wordmark were a bit more symmetrical, it would be that much better.

It seems like it may have worked better if the name was Omaha Knights of Ak-Sar-Ben.

I like that they actually tied something historical into the name.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I wanted to post this first---but life kept me away fom the computer.

I like it--I was kind of apprehensive about it, but I'm not anymore--good job on the Flame use, although it would look better on the uni without the wordmark...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I know it's Nebraska spelled backwards. But I've never seen that used anywhere else.

University of Ak-Sar-Ben?

Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Beef?

Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Royals?

Seems unnecessarily redundant. Do Nebraskans generally forget the state they're in?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Why the hell does it need to say "Ak-Sar-Ben"? Trying to create some Middle Earthen mystique? Why not just plain "Omaha"?

its a nebraska thing

ak-sar-ben = nebraska spelled backwards

Nebraska has everything backwards anyways. So why not put ak-sar-ben? :P

I saw, I came, I left.

Why the hell does it need to say "Ak-Sar-Ben"? Trying to create some Middle Earthen mystique? Why not just plain "Omaha"?

its a nebraska thing

ak-sar-ben = nebraska spelled backwards

Unrelated, but much love for the sig. :D

Omaha AHL team to be known as the Ak-Sar-Ben Knights, NHL Flames announce

posted May 12 @ 17:07, EST

OMAHA, Neb. (CP) - The new American Hockey League team that will begin play next autumn will be known as the Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights.

The team is affiliated with the NHL's Calgary Flames. The Knights of Ak-Sar-Ben Foundation is a 110 year-old philanthropic organization. "It's an exciting day when your team begins to create an identity," said Flames GM Darryl Sutter. "Our players will be very proud to carry the name and insignia of the Ak-Sar-Ben Knights.

"This will form a foundation for building a hockey club in Omaha that represents the same high standards of this community and the qualities required for success both in Omaha and Calgary."

Now you know why there are named that and also why I think the team shold be called the Omaha Knights of Ak-Sar-Ben.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived