Pacers, Pistons in for Logo Changes

GMS1122

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just saw the new logo on tv. all i have is this to say, the average person wouldnt know the difference.

The new Pacers logo??

I looked at it too and I coundn't tell at all.

6uXNWAo.png

just saw the new logo on tv. all i have is this to say, the average person wouldnt know the difference.

The new Pacers logo??

I looked at it too and I coundn't tell at all.

i told you so....

all that changed was the wordmark.

and yeah i heard that rumor too, if they do it its because o'neal, artest and the like like that jersey. but then again, it would be a return to a uniform that they won championships in.

I'll go ahead and post the new primaries...I'm not going to post the new Pistons' secondary until I'm sure it's officially released.

To compare the old Pacers' logo to the new one:

1990-1991 through 2004-2005:

IndianaPacers_PL_1991-2005.gif

2005-2006 through present:

IndianaPacers_PL_2006-9999.gif

You'll notice the Gray trim, and also that the Yellow's a little darker, but in reality, the Pacers use a different Yellow for the uniforms as opposed to the logo (or for retail purposes). So, they really didn't change the Yellow - even though it looks like it here.

For the Pistons, here's the old secondary logo:

2001-2002 through 2004-2005:

DetroitPistons_SL1_2002-2005.gif

2005-2006 through present:

DetroitPistons_PL_2006-9999.gif

this sucks. these logo 'changes' mean nothing to me. personally, the old pacers logo looked better. the new font is Agency FB i think and the way the grey is placed looks stupid. its just an outline. The old logo looks better than this excuse for a new logo, IMO. What the hell were they thinking...

I hate that new Pistons logo. so plain, and not much interesting about the interface of the wordmark and ball; they're just slapped on top.

The new Pacers wordmark looks like the font from the 70's jerseys we were talking about. I thought that was the rumor last year though, and that the current rumor was a minor tweak of the current unis? I really like the current ones, they're classy and simple, and befit the Conseco fieldhouse image of just old school basketball...the pinstripes work fine to me.

The Pacers' new logo still does nothing for me. If you're gonna change it up, change it up!

The Pistons' new logo is cool with me. So does this mean the horse is history?

6uXNWAo.png

I like the new Pistons Logo, didn't really change, more of a simplifying

DetroitPistons_PL_2006-9999.gif

I like how they took the blue and made it the outline and used where the blue into white. Reminds me of the good ol' fashioned Pistons before the teal horse

Is the Pacers blue different in the new logo? or is it a trick of the eye?

Same. The grey probably makes it look darker.

Looks like a lighter shade of blue IMO.

6uXNWAo.png

Maybe I'm reaching here, but...

PANTONE Posted on Tuesday, June 28th, 2005 - 22:18:23

QUOTE (chakfu @ Tuesday, June 28th, 2005 - 20:17:14)

the pinstripes work fine to me. 

I'd be SHOCKED if the Pacers have pinstripes next year.

Shocked.

...is that a hint at what the Pistons secondary logo might look like? A nod to their throwbacks?

Archived