Yankees/Sox Round 3

yankeeman161

Well, here we are again. The third series meeting between the Yankees and the hated Sox. So far it's 3-3 with the Yankees winning 15 out of their last 17 and Boston LOSING 7 out of its last 10 including being swept by the Blue Jays. The Yankees are slowly climbing up the ladder in 2nd place, while you guys are in 4th at 25-21. Now I know that you Sox fans are going to say that you have Mariano's number, but if it was a season or playoff game against you and if the game's on the line, I'd take him over Keith Foluke every single time. As the shirt that sells outside our stadium says:

EVEN IDIOTS GET LUCKY ONCE!

Rest asured, that will be once and once only and with the way the Sox are going and how good the Orioles are, the only Sox we'll see in the playoffs are the Whire Sox! :lol:

How do you like them Yanks now, Sox?

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Um, actually, everything you said made you sound more and more like a Red Sox fan from five years ago. I'm a die-hard member of Red Sox Nation, and to be honest, we're not really that concerned or worried that we're in 4th place and in a dive right now. It happens. 162-game season.

The "Idiots" didn't get lucky last year. They won. But, by your standard, the Marlins got lucky in 2003 when they beat the Yankees, the Angels got lucky in 2002 when they beat the Yankees, and the Diamondbacks got lucky in 2001 when they beat the Yankees.

So, instead of being cocky and arrogant, sit back and watch some baseball. Stop spewing out empty threats and promises about the post-season. It's only May.

Are you really getting excited over the Red Sox being on a losing streak and the Yankees being on a winning streak? It happens just about every year around this time. The Sox always slump around NBA Finals time, though usually after them.

You do realize there's still over a hundred games left and we've been without our ace, don't you?

Oh, and as for the Rivera and Foulke point... How did Mariano do when the game was on the line in the ALCS? Now... compare that to Foulke.

IUe6Hvh.png

Okay, I'm a Yankee Fan. However these threads are gotten ridiculous. Unless you are a Yankees or Red Sox fan you probably don't care about this series. I would guess most people on this board aren't a Yankees-Red Sox fan. We don't need a thread for each game or series. It would be okay if this was a Yankees message board but it's not.

Okay, I'm a Yankee Fan. However these threads are gotten ridiculous. Unless you are a Yankees or Red Sox fan you probably don't care about this series. I would guess most people on this board aren't a Yankees-Red Sox fan. We don't need a thread for each game or series. It would be okay if this was a Yankees massage board but it's not.

mmmm, massages....

Unless you are a Yankees or Red Sox fan you probably don't care about this series. I would guess most people on this board aren't a Yankees-Red Sox fan. We don't need a thread for each game or series. It would be okay if this was a Yankees message board but it's not.

No plop? I could've sworn that every time these two teams play that the world stops. At least that's what ESPN is telling everyone.

No plop? I could've sworn that every time these two teams play that the world stops. At least that's what ESPN is telling everyone.

To be honest, and as a Sox fan I'd never thought I'd say it, I'm getting kinda sick of the rivalry. Major League Baseball has milked it SO much that it's lost much of its luster. I'm really sick of playin the Yankees. Really sick. I think that after last season ended, everything had come full-circle. The teams had met in the ALCS in consecutive years, both with memorable endings, and add that on top of the decades of brawls, etc., and it tends to get quite old.

No plop?  I could've sworn that every time these two teams play that the world stops.  At least that's what ESPN is telling everyone.

To be honest, and as a Sox fan I'd never thought I'd say it, I'm getting kinda sick of the rivalry. Major League Baseball has milked it SO much that it's lost much of its luster. I'm really sick of playin the Yankees. Really sick. I think that after last season ended, everything had come full-circle. The teams had met in the ALCS in consecutive years, both with memorable endings, and add that on top of the decades of brawls, etc., and it tends to get quite old.

I agree. I mean the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry could have been compared to as an action series. And The Sox winning the World Series was the Series Finale. After that, it's just a regular ole rivalry.

So you guys are saying that it was only a good rivalry while one of the teams was winning? That doesn't make any sense at all. I disagree. As a Sox fan, I think Yankees/Red Sox got a little better.

IUe6Hvh.png

My dear yankeeman161:

17 - 1 @ Yankee Stadium !!!

Go Red Sox.

Even men can cry, let's learn it since October 2004 and start to shut complains and play. ;)

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

ahh...lovely. Yesterday The Red Sox faithful was saying "its only may! Its only may!"

Now, they'll come back and do the same thing the Yanks fans did yesterday. Wonderful.

Oy.

This AL East is too damn crowded for a cheap team like the D-Rays or the B-Jays to get into the playoffs.

I say make a new divisional setup with the big spenders in one, and the El Cheapos in another.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

ahh...lovely. Yesterday The Red Sox faithful was saying "its only may! Its only may!"

Now, they'll come back and do the same thing the Yanks fans did yesterday. Wonderful.

It is only May... but it's never too early in the season to enjoy embarassing the Yankees in Yankee Stadium. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived