My Knicks Concept

cyandlux

3374eb1d.jpg

This is my first concept for this site. C & C please.

I am thinking of getting rid of the NYK token in favor of the empire state building, but I was

afraid it was too much like the logo used for the NY All Star game a few years ago.

(I hope it links okay for you guys, angelfire won't let me post a jpg. I need a different

image host, does anyone know any?... of course you do, can you share a better one?)

I think looking at this now I need:

1. bigger may be better for the jerseys, I need a magnifying glass!

2. names on jerseys would be cool, but I made that script!!!! oh the work involved!

Im a gonna get crackin'.

you're right on the magnifying glass thing...the "Knickerbockers" on teh whites and grays looks like a randomly placed orange blob line. bigger would definitely be better in this case.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think this is a case where black can help you out. Black is dark enough from the other two colors to add a bit of contrast, whereas the silver is too light. It's hard to make out the Empire State silhouette because the silver is vibrating against the orange.

Your NYK secondary doesn't work that well. If it's supposed to mimic a subway token, the text should conform more to the circular shape instead of arcing across.

The logo seems unimpressive. The name just sits on top of the ball, there's nothing exciting about it. At least pump up the size of New York. If you want to keep the imagery limited,why not stylize some of the letters of Knickerbockers (maybe the N and R) and have some of the vertical strokes continue down to form the curves and outline of the basketball?

There's a lot of potential with this, right now it's kind of boring. I like the New York wordmark on the blue jersey, you could play off that style with the rest of the wordmark, and take it from there.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I echo what was previously said about the size of the wordmarks, something extra needed for the primary mark, and the fact that the secondary is supposed to mimic a subway token.

I'd personally love to see you change that alt to black, and use either the subway token as the main image on the alt jersey, or the shortened "Knicks" as the wordmark for it - that'd be kinda cool, since the team has been "Knicks" for a while.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Really digging the grey alt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Knick-SET.jpg

Heres an update from the great suggestions!

I ommitted the greys....darn it. I'll post them when Im done.

*The away is blue and the home is in white*

Also....its friggin huge, when I save for web in illustrator, whats the proportions I should use?

The side striping and the colors make it look a little too Pistonesque. Maybe go for some tapered stripes to mimic the skyscraper effect. I friggin' love the logos though!

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

I think the primary logo is stellar! I love the skyscraper and the weight of the word "Knickerbockers" across the middle.

The only thing I am not crazy about is the style of the "Y"

Great job.

titans.png

Archived