New U. of Arizona Football Jerseys

BBTV

i am really starting to understand my dad's thinking, "that all college teams need are numbers and their primary color. No stripes, No graphics, No names across the front and brand logos."

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

As a proud UofA alum, this sickens me. First they changed the "A" a few years back(the wildcat logo should be on the helmet), then the number font and the switch to those horrible solid blue pants. When will it end?

just wait?Hawai'i is next for Nike.

I can't wait to see what they do for hawaii cause im sure if they throw some piping on them ill love it. The only thing ive heard about the new hawaii jerseys is instead of white they're silver aways and thats cool with me

spacer.png

As a proud UofA alum, this sickens me. First they changed the "A" a few years back(the wildcat logo should be on the helmet), then the number font and the switch to those horrible solid blue pants. When will it end?

The Wildcat should be on the helmet???? You do realize that an A has been on the Wildcats' helmets in some form or another since 1977, don't you? And the current "split" A has been on the helmet since 1989, which is quite a bit more than "a few years back". And they've had blue pants since 1994.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

For the most part, I don't mind piping. It's a way to give a jersey more color since the shrinking jersey phenomenon has made sleeve stripes all but pointless. Because, you know, there aren't actual sleeves anymore. Piping, like any other stylistic quality, will look good when used properly.

What I do mind is seing the same godforsaken pattern being used for team after team after team. And this Miami template (like the one before it) is another case of horrible execution and needless clutter. And why not, put the wordmark on the back, make this look more like a bootleg fashion jersey. Bleah.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Besides the fact that way too many schools use the Miami piping now, these would be tolerable, but this is worsened by that hideous red stripe on the back of the jersey. WTF is that? A belt? Gosh. Red Stripe belongs in the short little ugly bottle, not on the back of UA football jerseys. I think the football team would look great if they used the basketball font for its wordmarks and numbers and used plain blue jerseys with some red and white and blue stripes on the pants.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

First they changed the "A" a few years back(the wildcat logo should be on the helmet)

When did we ever have the Wildcat on the helmet? I have seen some old media guides, and every pic I have ever seen has an A in some form.

The old A was more blocked, but this one has been around for almost 20 years.

And I like the blue helmets instead of white ones.

I don't understand how Nike can go to one school, produce a beautiful uniform concept for some of its sports teams (the baseball and softball teams look great, and their hoops set is still one of the best in college sports... in no small part because it is understated and not gaudy!), then turn around and drop such a piece of garbage on that same school, using the same color and same mascots as starting points. Especially when they did a more-than-decent job of unifying the design at Colorado.

Oy... :mad:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Nice avatar?are you an umpire too?

Yep, 14th year of High Schooll Baseball and Football in Phoenix, AZ.

That Pic was taken about two years ago at Scottdale Stadium at a SF Giants Fantasy Camp. Most fun I ever had, was behind the plate calling balls and strikes with Vida Blue on the hill! :-)

John Nelson

sfcom1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I was slumming on Fanhome (sorry, but I've been bored today) and someone posted these. I figured they'd post them here but I haven't seen them yet so I thought I'd throw them up. Credit for finding them goes to stat32.

jersey02.JPG

jersey01.JPG

I think this is the first time a team's name has been placed on the back of the jersey. I can't imagine that this is going to look very good on the field.

"My heart belongs to football.........but my ass belongs to Arizona..."

All college football needed was a butt bib.......if Tulane gets new unis.....I hope to THAT GUY UP THERE that they NEVER call Nike.......Give Reebok a ring or something...see how they can find ways to screw jerseys up....and let them fool with Olive Green and Sky Blue.....cause Nike just ruined Navy Blue and Desert Red.....those things are un-Bear Down-able.... :puke:

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

The Gators are Nike and I hope we do not change our unis to match that crap. I like wha we have now.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The Wildcat should be on the helmet???? You do realize that an A has been on the Wildcats' helmets in some form or another since 1977, don't you? And the current "split" A has been on the helmet since 1989, which is quite a bit more than "a few years back". And they've had blue pants since 1994.

I never said the wildcat was ever on the helmet. I meant to say that imo the wildcat belongs on the helmet and the A should be a secondary logo. Yes, I realize the A has been around for years. Hell, I even remember when they wore red jerseys and had that horrid "UA" logo. I guess when you're old like me 1989 seems like "a few years back". I do recall some public outcry after it was revealed that UofA spent around $300,000 to change the "A". I don't so much mind blue pants, its that I can't stand solid-colored pants.

the only bad thing I see about this is that Nike's being lazy and is simply recycling the current Miami template like they've done with the old Canes and Broncos styles. Other than that, I actually like this, yes even the Arizona wordmark on the red stripe...

*puts on red sash*

Essendon...it's footy...hooray footy :D

on a similar tangent, I wanna know if anybody's ever seen anyone other than Oregon use either the Harrington-era style or the current UO template? cus I can't recall that ever being the case as it's been with the Broncos and Miami (and it appears, the Falcons)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived