WJMorris3

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest Snubs in Each League:

American: Matt Clement, P, Boston.

Stats: 9-2 (T-6th most wins in AL), 3.82 ERA, 88 K, .818 WPCT

National: Morgan Ensberg, 3B, Houston.

Stats: .287 AVG, 22 HR (T-3rd in NL), 59 RBI, 160 TB.

Who Shouldn't Be All-Stars:

American: Melvin Mora, 3B, Baltimore.

Stats: .299 AVG, 14 HR, 46 RBI, 143 TB.

National: Mike Piazza, C, NY Mets.

Stats: .261 AVG, 9 HR, 34 RBI, 112 TB.

Roberts and Tejada.....first time a team has had two middle infielders as starters in a good amount of years i think. how many? (not a trivia question, i just dont know.)

I think Soriano and Jeter made it as teammates the last year they were together before the A-Rod trade.

But don't quote me on it.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

The Reds suck right now but at least their best player is on the NL all Star team. Felipe Lopez was (I believe) a double shy of the cycle in the second game of Saturdays Doubleheader

Signature intentionally left blank

Get rid of Rolen and Ensberg makes it as a reserve. He (rolen) shouldn't have made it but the fans voted him in. Nothing LaRussa could do about it.

Matt Morris arguably could have been on the team with a 10-1 record. But there are 6 cardinals, they sure as hell don't need more. I think all but Rolen deserve to be there that are cardinals.

Piazza is just as crap as Rolen is, if not more. I still don't understand how he's made a single all star team. He's an embarrassment to anyone that's played catcher. He's a good hitter, but he's an awful catcher.

Get rid of Rolen and Ensberg makes it as a reserve. He (rolen) shouldn't have made it but the fans voted him in. Nothing LaRussa could do about it.

Matt Morris arguably could have been on the team with a 10-1 record. But there are 6 cardinals, they sure as hell don't need more. I think all but Rolen deserve to be there that are cardinals.

Piazza is just as crap as Rolen is, if not more. I still don't understand how he's made a single all star team. He's an embarrassment to anyone that's played catcher. He's a good hitter, but he's an awful catcher.

im glad someone notices this besides me! he gets so lucky sometimes. he just doesnt move fast enough, or try to get his body in front enough. he just gloves everything.

Your a f'ing retard willmorris. Abreu would be 2nd in MVP voting right now and he shouldnt be in the all-star game? What about Pat Burrell? Brett Myers has been one of the best pitchers in the league so far.

Your Philly hating has gone too far.

Bobby Abreu is the worst fielding outfielder in the league, is lazy, and has close to zero clutch hits in his whole career. Notice most of his home runs come in the first few innings of games, or when it is 8-1 like against Boston. He is the second biggest fraud on the team, right behind Uncle Cha'lly Manuel.

Burrell has had the quietest 60 RBI first-half that I can remember, because like Abreu, he doesn't come through with a lot of clutch hits. With the game on the line, I don't want either of those two stepping to the plate.

Myers started off on fire, but totally melted down in 3 or 4 starts recently. That should keep him off the All Star team. He pitched well his last time out, hopefully that signifies his rebound. But, as long as he just complains about the stadium, and blames his struggles on umpires, coaches, and everyone but himself, he will never be an ace or a leader. I hate him for the way he drug Kerrigan and Bowa under the bus last year, and even his teamates (Wags and Lieberthal) have told him to grow up and take responsibility for his own bad performances.

Utley is by far the star of the team, and if not for Uncle Cha'lly robbing him of at-bats by platooning him with Polonco early in the year, he would be an all-star for sure. You could argue that his numbers are good enough to get him in anyway. That's the guy with the heart and attitude that I want up in the 9th inning. If they had 8 of him out there they'd be in first place by far. Too bad they've been holding him back for the past two seasons. He will make plenty of all-star games in his career.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The thing is that there is no criteria for what makes a player an All Star.

In my estimation, three things should be taken into account, and in no particular order.

The first half of the season a player is having.

A players overall career, especially recent years.

Who the fans want to see playing.

The only major complaints I have with the rosters this year:

Matt Morris deserved to be at the game definatley, and he absolutely should have been one of the final five in the vote. As it is, there was simply no room (certain players could have been juggled for others to make room...but basically...there was no room).

In my opinion, Albert Pujols deserved to start over Derek Lee. The truth is though, that they are pretty equal and it's my homerism pushing him over the top. It's just that Derek Lee isn't doing that much better than Albert. So if you look at my criteria, Lee has just a slight edge in the first half of the season--very slight. If you look at their careers, Pujols is hands down better than Lee. The other thing is that Pujols has put up record setting numbers so far in his career, and he's right on pace continuing them this year.

But alas, Lee won because of the third criteria...It's a fan vote, so apparently that's who the fans wanted to see. (Actually, with only 105,000 votes seperating them, it probably came down to the people who get 20 email addresses and stuff the ballots, but oh well.) Anyways, I think Lee won because ESPN went on a campaign to get people to vote for Lee instead of Pujols, and ESPN is very influential. I'm gonna sound like a hypocrite in a second, but I think ESPN was wrong to do that kind of a campaign this year because it was too close to pick one obviously. In Pujols second year however, he was tearing it up and he wasn't even gonna be voted in as a starter in the OF. ESPN in this case saw how wrong that was did a bunch of stories on Pujols, and over the final weekend Albert became the leading NL votegetter. The thing here was that it was obvious Pujols deserved that. This year, the choice between Lee and Pujols is not obvious. Anyways, Pujols will likely start at DH, so I guess that's alright.

Then my other problem is an ESPN complaint. When they're talking about who will start the All Star Game for the NL, they talked about Willis, Clemens, and Hernandez and didn't even give Chris Carpenter a mention. How can Carpenter not be considered to start the game? It's a tough choice for starter between the four, but it should definatley be all four considered. I'm afraid that if Carpenter is chosen to start LaRussa will get a lot of flack, but that would be ridiculous as Carp deserves it as much as anyone.

As for Scott Rolen, he definatley fits 2 of my 3 criteria above. He's had an excellent career and is considered the NL if not the leagues best 3B by the majority. The fans obviously wanted to see him. Of course he has however been injured and therefore hasn't done much. Still, it's ashame people only seem to care about offense anymore, because I think when you combine the defense Rolen has played this year with the other two factors I mentioned above, you can easily explain his selection as starting 3B.

Anyways, sorry about that rant and other random stuff. Pretty much I just happy that the Cards have 6 All Stars, the most of any team. Seven if you include LaRussa. Plus, LaRussa didn't choose any Cardinals, so nobody can get on him for the fact that the Cards have 6.

I absolutely couldn't believe that Ensberg got the shaft this year. The dude's been absolutely raking for my fantasy team, is shattering all his career highs, and is 3rd in the majors in HRs. I was actually really looking forward to seeing him in the Derby.

I was also kinda surprised about Shea, but in a happy way. He was one of the best hitters in the majors in April and May, but has kinda tailed off since then. Nevertheless, its always great to get more than one Jay on the team.

As far as the final vote, i voted for Oswalt and Hunter.

The thing is that there is no criteria for what makes a player an All Star.

In my estimation, three things should be taken into account, and in no particular order.

The first half of the season a player is having.

A players overall career, especially recent years.

Who the fans want to see playing.

The only major complaints I have with the rosters this year:

Matt Morris deserved to be at the game definatley, and he absolutely should have been one of the final five in the vote. As it is, there was simply no room (certain players could have been juggled for others to make room...but basically...there was no room).

In my opinion, Albert Pujols deserved to start over Derek Lee. The truth is though, that they are pretty equal and it's my homerism pushing him over the top. It's just that Derek Lee isn't doing that much better than Albert. So if you look at my criteria, Lee has just a slight edge in the first half of the season--very slight. If you look at their careers, Pujols is hands down better than Lee. The other thing is that Pujols has put up record setting numbers so far in his career, and he's right on pace continuing them this year.

But alas, Lee won because of the third criteria...It's a fan vote, so apparently that's who the fans wanted to see. (Actually, with only 105,000 votes seperating them, it probably came down to the people who get 20 email addresses and stuff the ballots, but oh well.) Anyways, I think Lee won because ESPN went on a campaign to get people to vote for Lee instead of Pujols, and ESPN is very influential. I'm gonna sound like a hypocrite in a second, but I think ESPN was wrong to do that kind of a campaign this year because it was too close to pick one obviously. In Pujols second year however, he was tearing it up and he wasn't even gonna be voted in as a starter in the OF. ESPN in this case saw how wrong that was did a bunch of stories on Pujols, and over the final weekend Albert became the leading NL votegetter. The thing here was that it was obvious Pujols deserved that. This year, the choice between Lee and Pujols is not obvious. Anyways, Pujols will likely start at DH, so I guess that's alright.

Then my other problem is an ESPN complaint. When they're talking about who will start the All Star Game for the NL, they talked about Willis, Clemens, and Hernandez and didn't even give Chris Carpenter a mention. How can Carpenter not be considered to start the game? It's a tough choice for starter between the four, but it should definatley be all four considered. I'm afraid that if Carpenter is chosen to start LaRussa will get a lot of flack, but that would be ridiculous as Carp deserves it as much as anyone.

As for Scott Rolen, he definatley fits 2 of my 3 criteria above. He's had an excellent career and is considered the NL if not the leagues best 3B by the majority. The fans obviously wanted to see him. Of course he has however been injured and therefore hasn't done much. Still, it's ashame people only seem to care about offense anymore, because I think when you combine the defense Rolen has played this year with the other two factors I mentioned above, you can easily explain his selection as starting 3B.

Anyways, sorry about that rant and other random stuff. Pretty much I just happy that the Cards have 6 All Stars, the most of any team. Seven if you include LaRussa. Plus, LaRussa didn't choose any Cardinals, so nobody can get on him for the fact that the Cards have 6.

You and I usually agree, but I've got to disagree to some extent.

The All-Star game to me is what have you done THIS season. Not any other season. Its not an exhibition anymore, therefore, screw the fans. I don't want to lose homefield advantage cause Mike Piazza is the catcher everyone's heard of before so they vote for him.

You should reward players having good years this year. Its an all-star year, hall of fame Career. Not All-Star Career. There are places for you if you have a good career, the all star game shouldn't be a reward for having an off year. There are plenty of capable players below you that deserve it.

As for Derrick Lee, you're looking at this through cardinal tinted shades my man. Derrick Lee has had an incredible first half. He's leading or second in every major offensive catagory. Plus he's a gold glove type first basemen. Doesn't take anything from Albert's year. He's still having an incredible year. He's still one of the most dangerous hitters ever. He's still a very good defensive first basemen, but Lee deserves it more this year. The fans got it right. The fans also got the Shortstop vote right. Even if Izuris won. As long as Nomar didn't get it, they got it right.

And I wouldn't be too concerned about Cubs fans voting. All over the cardinals boards it was made pretty obvious that you could make up 20 emails to get Albert the first base nod.

I heard plenty of people bring up carpenter's name to start. But it should be willis no matter what. 13 wins is the top mark, he should get the start.

Just don't start clemens...

:P

Pat, I think if you go and look at the stats, you'll find Albert's stats are closer to Lee's than you think. I mean he's right up there with him.

And defensively, Albert is Gold Glove caliber even if he doesn't have one to his credit yet.

And while I won't only look at this season, I'm okay that you are, but let's say for a second that to be a 2005 All Star you should have a great 2005 season. What if Lee flops in the second half? Then he didn't have an All Star 2005, but he made the team.

That's I think where you have to look at career. Pujols is gonna keep his stats up, probably raise them. Chances are, Lee's gonna cool off considerably. I think when 2005 is over, it's gonna be clear Pujols was the best 1B this season.

That's one other reason why I think Pujols should be the All Star 1B.

The All-Star game is about who's been the best this season. To take the past into consideration is ridiculous and would lead to guys like Brian Roberts not making the team and guys like Todd Helton making it -- and you can't select somebody based on the odds of what their season will look like. What if Pujols goes into a slump and finishes the season off very poorly? We don't know that it would happen... just like we don't know if Lee will stay hot.

Lee has more HR's, more Hits, a better average, and a better batting average; as well as better On-Base, slugging, and on base plus slugging percentages. Besides, bring defense into it if you want -- but look up who has the better fielding percentage -- it's not Pujols.

IUe6Hvh.png

Pat, I think if you go and look at the stats, you'll find Albert's stats are closer to Lee's than you think. I mean he's right up there with him.

And defensively, Albert is Gold Glove caliber even if he doesn't have one to his credit yet.

And while I won't only look at this season, I'm okay that you are, but let's say for a second that to be a 2005 All Star you should have a great 2005 season. What if Lee flops in the second half? Then he didn't have an All Star 2005, but he made the team.

That's I think where you have to look at career. Pujols is gonna keep his stats up, probably raise them. Chances are, Lee's gonna cool off considerably. I think when 2005 is over, it's gonna be clear Pujols was the best 1B this season.

That's one other reason why I think Pujols should be the All Star 1B.

I might hate the Cubs but I have to get into this argument.

Stop sipping the Redbird drink and look at the stats and stop being a Cardinals homer. Be grateful you have three undeserving players starting the game.

Lets look at the statistics.

LEE

YEAR G. AB.. R.. H ..2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS BA.. OBP. SLG OPS

2005 82 308 66 116 26 ..2 25 ..67 .39. 59 10 ..2 .377 .449 .718 1.167

PUJOLS

YEAR G. AB.. R.. H.. 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS. BA. OBP SLG OPS

2005 83 321 70 111 20 ..0 .22 69 ..42 .34 .8 ...0 .346 .430 .614 1.044

Lee has more hits than Pujols.

Lee has more doubles than Pujols.

Lee has more triples than Pujols.

Lee has more home runs than Pujols.

Lee has more stolen bases than Pujols.

Lee has a higher batting average than Pujols.

Lee has a higher on-base percentage than Pujols.

Lee has a higher on-base plus slugging than Pujols.

Give Lee credit for even being close with the RBI totals because the guys in-front of him can't get on-base. He'd have more RS if he'd have someone behind him to drive him in. Lee hs carried the Cubs. Pujols hasn't carried the Cardinals as Lee has.

Defensively, don't get me started. I watched DLee for 3 years, and I've watched a lot of different 1B (including Pujols) and DLee is THE BEST defensive 1B in Major League Baseball.

Although Pujols' stats are close Lee's are better. He might be up there with him BUT he's not BETTER than him.

The All Star Game is not the "Who's gonna have a better second half? Game."

The ASG is also not the "Who's had a better career? Game" It's the "Who's had the best 2005 as of July 2005? Game" Who are you to say Lee is gonna cool off? Did you know by any chance that Lee's hottest months are still ahead? He's a horrible starter but always heats up at the end. Even if he does cool off, as of NOW Lee deserves to start the game because he's had the best year as of now.

So get off the Redbird drink and realize that as of now Derrek Lee is the 1B who deserves to start the All Star Game. He's clearly has the best first half. Although it might be close in some stats. Overall DLee runs away with it.

1997 | 2003

The All Star Game is not the "Who's gonna have a better second half? Game."

The ASG is also not the "Who's had a better career? Game" It's the "Who's had the best 2005 as of July 2005? Game" Who are you to say Lee is gonna cool off? Did you know by any chance that Lee's hottest months are still ahead? He's a horrible starter but always heats up at the end. Even if he does cool off, as of NOW Lee deserves to start the game because he's had the best year as of now.

Bull crap. Can you find me where the official defination of what the All Star Game is for is written?

There isn't one. I won't tell you you can't feel the way you do about the voting, but I'm free to vote on my own criteria as well.

The way it's going right now, Pujols may very well have better stats in a majority of those categories by the time we get to the game.

Lee has now injured his shoulder (severity not released) and had his average drop to .377, whilst Pujols has raised his average to .346. He also leads Lee in RBIs and Runs scored. Plus the stat nobody seems to look at Pujols has Ked just 34 times and walked 42, while Lee has struckout 59 times and walked just 39.

I did indeed, btw, know that Lee usually starts off slow, but Lee has also never hit anything close to what he's hitting now. LIKELY, he'll come back down to reality. Meanwhile, Pujols is right next to him and is hitting normal.

Defensively, I was just saying the Pujols is as good as Lee. Don't assume that just because Lee has a GG to his credit that he's any better. Pujols will win a GG very soon. F% seperates them by .003 (.996 to .993 adv Lee), so essentially they're equal.

I'm not complaining that Lee got picked, obviously there's a good arguement for him, I just think Pujols deserved it as much. It all depends on your criteria (and admittedly your team), but there is no set criteria.

Anyways, who are the 3 Cardinals who didn't deserve it? The only one I'll grant you is Scott Rolen. But don't complain about Cards fans voting him in, that's who the majority of all fans voted in.

Jim Edmonds and David Eckstein definatley deserve to be here. I'll grant you that a couple of guys have strong cases for starting over those two, but not GREAT cases, and the two should definatley be on the team in some capacity.

But if you wanna rip them off the team, you better find room for Matt Morris, Mark Grudzielanek, and Reggie Sanders. Maybe Yadier Molina too.

NATIONAL LEAGUE

C: Mike Piazza, Paul LoDuca

1B: Derrek Lee, Albert Pujols

2B: Jeff Kent, Luis Castillo

3B: Scott Rolen, Aramis Ramirez

SS: David Eckstein, Cesar Izturis, Felipe Lopez

OF: Bobby Abreu, Jim Edmonds, Carlos Beltran, Luis Gonzalez, Jason Bay, Carlos Lee, Moises Alou, Miguel Cabrera, Andruw Jones

SP: Chris Carpenter, Pedro Martinez, Dontrelle Willis, Roger Clemens, John Smoltz, Jake Peavy, Livan Hernandez

RP: Jason Isringhausen, Brad Lidge, Chad Cordero, Brian Fuentes

FINAL VOTE: Trevor Hoffman, Brett Myers, Roy Oswalt, Billy Wagner, Brandon Webb

AMERICAN LEAGUE

C: Jason Varitek, Ivan Rodriguez

1B: Mark Teixeira, Paul Konerko, Mike Sweeney

2B: Brian Roberts, Alfonso Soriano

3B: Alex Rodriguez, Melvin Mora

SS: Miguel Tejada, Michael Young

OF: Manny Ramirez, Johnny Damon, Vladimir Guerrero, Ichiro Suzuki, Garret Anderson, Gary Sheffield

DH: David Ortiz, Shea Hillenbrand

SP: Roy Halladay, Bartolo Colon, Mark Beuhrle, Jon Garland, Johan Santana, Kenny Rogers

RP: Danys Baez, Justin Duchscherer, Brian Wickman, B.J. Ryan, Mariano Rivera, Joe Nathan

FINAL VOTE: Carl Crawford, Torii Hunter, Derek Jeter, Hideki Matsui, Scott Podsednik

Looking over these rosters, there's definitely some room for debate...

--AL wise, I agree with the picks for the most part...the fans got the starters right, IMO (as in all the guys that made it are having great seasons) and I have no real complaints with the backups.

However, I think that there's 2 pitchers that should be on the roster that aren't, namely Matt Clement and Jeremy Bondeman. Both Clement and Bondy are having very good years and do merit a spot on the team. I can see where Francona and the players went with this with the backup and pitching selections...

The only one I have a problem with being there is Kenny Rogers, and that's only because of the 20 game suspension he got slapped with. Don't get me wrong...Rogers's numbers DO merit an ASG selection, but not if he's suspended. I do think however that the powers that be in the AL and MLB will kinda persuade Mr. I Have No Use For The Free Press to sit this one out, allowing either Clement or Bonderman to go (probably Clement, seeing he's having a pretty good year (the beatdown the Jays handed him in his last start notwithstanding))...

As for the AL Final Ballot, there's only ONE Yankee that should be on there...and his name ain't Derek Jeter. To me, it's between Podsednik and Matsui for that final spot, and I'm leaning towards Podsednik.

--The NL is where I have a BOATLOAD more problems with the roster. First off, the fans fluffed up BIG with 2 of the choices...to be honest, Rolen & Beltran should be sitting at home watching the game on FOX instead of being out there to start the game at CoPa.

Both of these guys benefitted from the name recognition (and a little ballot box stuffing by Mets and Cards fans..and before anyone blows a gasket, I'm a Mets fan...and I cast zero ballots for either of the 2 Mets starters...) while guys like Morgan Ensberg & Cliff Floyd (both of whom are having seasons worthy of a starting spot) get the shaft.

As for Piazza....outside of LoDuca and the injured Ramon Hernandez, I couldn't think of any other catcher in the NL that was worthy of the nod. To be honest, if Hernandez is healthy, he's got a case to be there over Piazza. (FYI, Hernandez got all 25 of my votes on my online ballots :lol: )

As for the NL Final Man vote....the nod goes to Oswalt. Roy's having a darn good year on a so-so Astros team...imagine what his numbers (and Clemens's for that matter) would be like if they actually had some run support....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

If I hadn't seen you defend your favorite teams and players in the same way in the past, I almost wouldn't believe you were even arguing that Pujols should be starting over Lee.

Lee is better in just about every stat -- and the one's in which he's not can be credited to the men that hit around the two. If the season ended right now, Lee would be the freaking MVP... but he shouldn't be starting in the All-Star game? That's ridiculous. The reason Lee is playing so much better than in years past? He made adjustments to his game -- pitchers can no longer just pitch inside to him like they used to be able to. He's not on some streak of luck... those don't usually last 4 months. And even if Pujols does pass Lee due to Lee's injury... he would've had to play in more games to get the job done.

David Eckstein deserves to be there? He and his .289 average, 2 HR, and 23 RBIs deserve to be there and... starting?! Please.

And you're trying to tell me you can't make a great argument for Andruw Jones to be starting over Edmonds?

You forgot to mention 'play for the Cardinals' as part of your All-Star game criteria.

IUe6Hvh.png

How can you look at these stats and say Derek Lee is a clear cut choice? Pujols was already gaining on Lee before he hurt his shoulder. The same will continue whether or not Lee is hurt bad. Lee isn't here on luck, but he's likely not gonna keep playing at this high of a level.

I'm not arguing for Pujols to necessarily be starting over Lee, I'm just arguing that either would have been a fine choice.

Albert Pujols

Games: 83

AB: 321

Runs: 70

Hits: 111

HR: 22

TB: 187

RBI: 69

BA: .346

OBP: .430

OPS: 1.044

K: 34

BB: 42

Derek Lee

Games: 82

AB: 308

R: 66

Hits: 116

RBI: 67

HR: 25

TB: 221

BA: .377

OBP: .449

OPS: 1.167

K: 59

BB: 39

As for Eckstein. Who is better? Only one guy would I concede should maybe be starting over Eckstein, and that's Felipe Lopez. Unfortunatley nobody has heard of him so he didn't get the votes...he did make the squad though and now his name is out there.

Eck is 3rd among SS in AVG at .289. He leads the league (SS only for all this stuff) in OBP at .376 (and he's leadoff, so that's huge). He is only 9th in SLG at .367, but only 2 guys are way ahead of him. The other 6 are all within .034. In OPS he's fourth at .743.

Eckstein isn't a HR hitter as you point out he only has 2, but not every AS has to hit homeruns. Also, his RBI are low because he bats leadoff.

But he does leadoff darn well. I pointed out he's tops in OBP, he's also tops by a longshot in BB with 38 and with just 19 Ks he's lower than any other starting SS who's played the whole year.

Like I said, Lopez might deserve the nod to start, but Eck deserves to be there hands down.

As for Edmonds and Jones...I think I'd have Jones take Beltran's spot first. Beltran probably shouldn't be at the game at all. Then, if you wanted to argue for a guy I'd argue for Cabrera to take Edmonds spot. But Edmonds still deserves a bench role based on his batting. But wait...there's more to baseball than hitting. Jimmy is the best defensive OF of the whole bunch save Jones who compares fairly equally (this year statistically, they are .001 off in F% adv Jones and Jones has more assists 5-2, but stats don't measure defense very well at all...they both make lots of big plays in the OF). So that's where Jimmy makes the starting lineup. I'd argue for Jones as well, but he should be replacing Beltran not Edmonds. And Cabrera loses to Edmonds because of D.

Here's one thing I'll say. I love my Cardinals. That will be reflected in most everything that in anyway deals with them. That said, I'd say my points above are very valid.

The final vote is in and the winners are...

AL: Scott Podsednik, OF, Chicago White Sox

NL: Roy Oswalt, P, Houston Astros

If you have ESPNEWS, you can see it there.

Archived