For Game 7 Tonight...

KennyRock

...The Palace at Auburn Hills will be showing the game from San Antonio on its video boards. 22,076 fans are expected to attend this viewing, with all the proceeds going to charity.

This raises a question: Does anyone think there's a possiblity of this becoming a trend? I know most arenas simply scheduled other events when the team is on the road, but I wonder if, maybe for five or six road games during the year, the team's arena has a special promotions night where the fans watch the game on the giant boards, with like waiters coming to the seats and stuff(kind of like an overgrown sports bar feel). It shouldn't be done 41 times, but sparingly enough, I wonder if it could work? What do ya think?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

This happens every finals. The Lakers did it every year of the 3-peat. Also happens for the Stanley Cup Finals, assuming we'll still be having those.

VmWIn6B.png

lmupepbander Posted on Thursday, June 23rd, 2005 - 15:30:22

This happens every finals. The Lakers did it every year of the 3-peat. Also happens for the Stanley Cup Finals, assuming we'll still be having those. 

The Flames did this last year during their playoff run. The first game they let people in by food donation, by game time they were turning people away due to being over stadium capacity. For the rest of the playoffs they had to sell tickets to insure that they wouldn't have to turn people away at the door. ^_^

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

...The Palace at Auburn Hills will be showing the game from San Antonio on its video boards. 22,076 fans are expected to attend this viewing, with all the proceeds going to charity.

This raises a question: Does anyone think there's a possiblity of this becoming a trend? I know most arenas simply scheduled other events when the team is on the road, but I wonder if, maybe for five or six road games during the year, the team's arena has a special promotions night where the fans watch the game on the giant boards, with like waiters coming to the seats and stuff(kind of like an overgrown sports bar feel). It shouldn't be done 41 times, but sparingly enough, I wonder if it could work? What do ya think?

just curious how they come up with a number like 22,076? I'm guessing it's the capacity crowd at Auburn Hills?

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

It already is a trend it happens every year, with the teams taht make it deep into the playoffs. They had fans in the satnds of Clagary while Game 7 was played in Tampa last year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Pistons also did it for Game 7 of the ECF vs. Miami as well...

During the playoffs (especially during the NBA Finals & Stanley Cup) I don't have a problem with it...during the regular season, it'd be overkill.

I think the trend will be that the arenas will be used for viewing road games in the playoffs only...makes it that much more special, IMO

With that said, here's hoping the 22,076 go home VERY happy tonight :D

GO PISTONS!

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Detroit played well for about 42 minutes. Then they just stopped moving without the ball and started taking horrible shots.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Archived